What was your favourite game of 2017?

DUST3YY__

Persona 5, easy.

Everything about the game is, in my opinion, perfect. Thus, that makes it my favorite game of all time as well.

Runner ups are Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. I'm also a pretty big fan of Yakuza so these are easy bets (Yakuza 6 for my personal 2018 GOTY, predicting it), but I haven't quite finished 0 and I'm not sure if I would entirely count Kiwami because remake (not that that invalidates it, just feels strange to put a remake on a list). But ehhhhh.

Edited by Jimin
  • Like 1

October was my favorite month this year, so many good games released that month. take your pick! Shadow of War was my favorite in 2017. despite the Loot Boxes in that game, i found it enjoyable, plus its another game that Troy Baker is in, and other notable VAs. Horizon Zero Dawn is another good one, Ashly Burch did good as Aloy.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana-  Not the first time Adol's been shipwrecked, but still a good story to this one. Looking for other survivors is a nice twist.  Gameplay takes a few things from Celceta (mapping out the island as you explore it) & the jumping makes a welcome return. The skills can even be done in midair- making Laxia's Blitz Charge useful for more than just combat.  One new thing I liked was the interception (defend Castaway Village from monsters) & suppression missions. Some areas need a certain number of survivors saved before you can get to them.  It's better to start on at least the Hard difficulty.

I'm on Chapter 5 but will put this on hold until 1/30 for the updated translation.

Probably Persona 5, although the pickup of Dragon Quest Heroes 2 at the end of the year has been really great as well. 

I'm reading a lot of people saying that Tales of Berseria is good. I would like to believe you guys and gals, but too many people told me that Tales of Xillia was good, too, and that was probably the worst Tales game I've ever played, and just a soulless RPG to boot. 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:12 AM, dust3yy said:

Did a game really stand out for you? Catch your eye? For myself For Honor was my favourite game of 2017 the combat bought along for me an awesome experience it's just a shame that there is a lot of bugs.                                                       dust3yy.png

I feel like you should turn this into a poll, it'd be interesting to see whether HZD or Persona 5 comes out on top...

I only have two consoles, ps3 and a ps4, no Wii U no Switch and sure as heck no XBONE so I never got the chance to play those cool games like Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey or Cuphead.

also I have some difficulties to keep up with everyone on buying all the cool said year games so I still haven't played Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Yakuza 0 and Hellblade: Suna's Sacrifice.... having a bad habit of not paying full price and always wait for special sales or price drops.

so from what I played I bet my money on these two

1st- Horizon Zero Dawn.

2nd- Uncharted the Lost Legacy.

Without a doubt Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac age

final-fantasy-12-13a2.jpg

I've been an FF fan since I was 11, so that makes it 14 years as I'm 25 now and I first played the original way back when it was first released. It got a lot of bad reviews back then but personally I loved it (and so did my brother). I remember being really happy after my 7 hour battle with Yiazmat back then when there was no option to increase game speed, and also laughing at my brother as I carefully didn't open chests and got the Zodiac Spear super early in the game, while my brother missed it?

System: The remake was fantastic, loved the new zodiac job system, x4 gameplay speed, new weapon additions, and trial mode was interesting. Ivalice is my favourite FF universe, beautiful design and BGM, I also loved the Tactics games and traditional FF's in terms of the whole job system (hence I hated FFXV, I'm pretty old school when it comes to the FF games).

Characters: Vaan was a let down as an MC, but I loved Fran the best and Balthier was cool, they were my favourite combo.

Overall, I feel the developers did a great job with this remake, it really was the highlight of 2017 for me after the horrible FFXV where I'd thought it would be the end of FF.

Either Horizon Zero Dawn or Crash N. Sane Trilogy. I've played some, but not a lot of Crash when I was much younger, so getting the opportunity to play this at this point in my life was truly refreshing. As for Horizon, just such a beautiful game and loved everything about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite? That's real hard dude. Top 5's a little easier. 

No order, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Danganronpa V3 (played it this year but it was in like the first week), Trails of Cold Steel II(2016 but played in 2017). 

Persona's always just engrossing and has amazing theming. Nier really tugs those heartstrings at the end, plus Yoko Taro is a great director and is kinda discount Hideo Kojima(in a good way). Yakuza's always just a fun goofy ride. Danganronpa takes a wild turn at the end, and you'll either love it or hate it. Cold Steel is just a really really good JRPG.

Edited by Blazing-Shadow14