Least Favorite Kinds of Trophies

Dreakon139

Types of Trophies  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite types of trophies?

• Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)
    • Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
    • Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)
    • Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)
    • Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')
    • Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)
    • Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)
    • Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)
    • Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)
    • Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

Darn it, I don't see "Glitched trophies" up on the list of options for the poll :shakefist:

I hate mostly grinding trophies for XP, kills, etc...

I really don't mind anything else. Except for any trophy that asks for beating the game while doing/no doing something specific while playing. beat the game in a certain amount of time, using one weapon only, dying less than a certain amount of time, etc.... Those really get under my skin.

Speed and Perfection trophies are the bane of my gaming existence. Thanks 3D dot game heroes. All the no damage trophies suck. I think some online trophies are a nuisance but I've grown to like online play. If there are people willing to grind the trophy with me, then I'll help happily.

Those are the three that annoys me the most. Difficulty I'm okay with since I can sometimes do speed with that as well.

Online trophies y u no optional?

I understand some games basically require online ( Street Fighter 3rd strike, MvsC2/3) but why put it in a game that really never needed it, another thing is those dern glitches! MAKE SURE YOUR ONLINE WORKS IF WE ARE GOING TO PLAY IT. I'M LOOKING AT YOU GHOSTBUSTERS. :shakefist:

At least Dead Space 2 did it right, every trophy is available in single player and multiplayer is there if you want it.

Everyone should start doing that, make all the trophies available in BOTH single and multiplayer, :yay:

• Like 1

Online trophies y u no optional?

I understand some games basically require online ( Street Fighter 3rd strike, MvsC2/3) but why put it in a game that really never needed it, another thing is those dern glitches! MAKE SURE YOUR ONLINE WORKS IF WE ARE GOING TO PLAY IT. I'M LOOKING AT YOU GHOSTBUSTERS. :shakefist:

At least Dead Space 2 did it right, every trophy is available in single player and multiplayer is there if you want it.

Everyone should start doing that, make all the trophies available in BOTH single and multiplayer, :yay:

this I so agree with.

DS2 optional online should have been nominated feature of the year.

I frigging love that series.

Voted for:

Trophies based around online modes

Trophies based around number of players

I normally don't care for these kind of trophies because online are the only kind that you don't have %100 control over. It has to depend on the skill of the other players involved as well as your own, not good >.<

Difficulty trophies only annoy me if they're not stackable and more often than not they are anyway ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

I hate 3 types of trophies :

Online trophies: mostly because most servers tend to empty at some point and/or close all together so when i have backlogged games thats missing one or 2 trophys online or that i bought used (like overlord 2) i'll be screwed cause i can't find people or an online server to play.

And yes cheap players are a pain ... i stopped playing fat princess because some players were always lighting our bomb inside our own base to break our gate.

Exagerated trophies: honestly the 1440 minutes of create was a really bad idea ... 500 minutes like the play community lvls trophy would have been all right but after 600 minutes (4 days) i got tired of it, and devised a way to make it automatically while i wasn't actually playing.

collecting without good tracking of have been collected : now this is mostly honestly annoying when the games isn't tracking it for you. I don't mind searching if the game tells me i still have things to search for.

1. Trophies based on online.

2. Trophies based around number of players. (2 is ok but 3 to 50 no.)

3. Trophies based around speed.

4. Trophies based around something meaningless.

Not on the list, Trophies based on taking 0 damage, much worst than not dying & one that requires you to register to a website.

My pet peeve is definitely online trophies, especially ones which require you to max up your multiplayer character.

A close second are meaningless trophies. The one that comes to mind first is the one in Darksiders for riding your horse 100 miles. It's a hidden trophy and is not achievable just by playing through the game. You have to sit your controller down with rubber bands for like 3-4 hours for it. Lame.

Not on the list, Trophies based on taking 0 damage, much worst than not dying & one that requires you to register to a website.

I would add that to the poll, though I think that it would classify under 'Trophies based around perfection'. The detail in parentheses is just an example. :)

My pet peeve is definitely online trophies, especially ones which require you to max up your multiplayer character.

What's wrong with those?

I mean who doesn't like the fact that some of these levels take 4-5 hours a day for the next 6 months?

Yeah....those piss me off to no end. :angry:

• Like 1

Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)

I also abhor these types of trophies.... I have 2 great examples:

1) Army of Two: The 40th Day - King of the Hill - This took me roughly a month to boost after several weeks/months of trying legit... seriously? A lot of the problem with this one is the glitchyness of the online but, still.

2) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Download Complete - I have been working on this with a mix of legit and boosting for 2 weeks now. 650,000 xp needed with my pathetic average of 2,500 per match (legit)... that's 40 hours for 1 trophy :shakefist:

:angry:

I get that online trophies are a way to expand a game and provide further enjoyment for the user base. I just don't understand why the trophies have to involve ludicrous amounts of grinding. I, personally, feel that all online trophies (for a game with SP focus) should be introductory type trophies... for example: "Play 1 Online Match", "Customize your Online Character", et cetera.

What's wrong with those?

I mean who doesn't like the fact that some of these levels take 4-5 hours a day for the next 6 months?

Yeah....those piss me off to no end. :angry:

Haha... I think what is so grating about it to me is that these developers think so highly of their multiplayer experience that they expect you to want to play it for weeks on end. I can count the number of games I play multiplayer in on one hand. I just hate it when Joe Developer thinks that he's created the next best FPS multiplayer. Get real.

• Like 1

Haha... I think what is so grating about it to me is that these developers think so highly of their multiplayer experience that they expect you to want to play it for weeks on end. I can count the number of games I play multiplayer in on one hand. I just hate it when Joe Developer thinks that he's created the next best FPS multiplayer. Get real.

Agreed 100%!

Although I do enjoy some MP games, there are very few that I will play for extended periods of time. If I enjoy the online well enough, it is the game, not the trophy that keeps me playing. There is NO game whose trophies alone will be the reason I continue playing it online.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Download Complete - I have been working on this with a mix of legit and boosting for 2 weeks now. 650,000 xp needed with my pathetic average of 2,500 per match (legit)... that's 40 hours for 1 trophy :shakefist:

This trophy isn't that hard, I spent about 95% of my time playing Wanted. Use the streak bonus that doubles your score for five deaths in a row, you can get 1800+ xp with just one kill. Also in the multiplayer menu there is a section in Progression called Challenges, be sure to do as many of those as you can as some of the later challenges can deliver several thousand xp and new abilities. Boosting with friends isn't required for this trophy, I did this alone and got it in about 32 hours and 20 minutes. I Hope I helped.

• Like 1

This trophy isn't that hard, I spent about 95% of my time playing Wanted. Use the streak bonus that doubles your score for five deaths in a row, you can get 1800+ xp with just one kill. Also in the multiplayer menu there is a section in Progression called Challenges, be sure to do as many of those as you can as some of the later challenges can deliver several thousand xp and new abilities. Boosting with friends isn't required for this trophy, I did this alone and got it in about 32 hours and 20 minutes. I Hope I helped.

Thanks for the advice! On that note though... 30+ hours for a single trophy? Doesn't that seem excessive to you?

Thanks for the advice! On that note though... 30+ hours for a single trophy? Doesn't that seem excessive to you?

It is a long time, if it was only that trophy then it would feel excessive, but you are getting other multiplayer trophies along the way, so I don't feel it's too excessive.

It depends what you think a trophy list should do, should it encourage you to do everything possible in the game?, e.g. Any Uncharted trophy list, or should it reward players for doing what they were going to do anyway?, e.g. Complete chapter one, two, three and so on.

I am firmly in the former camp. A trophy list should encourage me to get the most out of the game. In this case the multiplayer in Brotherhood is a significant part of the game, the levelling up system is a significant part of multiplayer, so there should be a trophy for reaching the level cap, yes it's time consuming, but I feel it should be there.

It is a long time, if it was only that trophy then it would feel excessive, but you are getting other multiplayer trophies along the way, so I don't feel it's too excessive.

It depends what you think a trophy list should do, should it encourage you to do everything possible in the game?, e.g. Any Uncharted trophy list, or should it reward players for doing what they were going to do anyway?, e.g. Complete chapter one, two, three and so on.

I am firmly in the former camp. A trophy list should encourage me to get the most out of the game. In this case the multiplayer in Brotherhood is a significant part of the game, the levelling up system is a significant part of multiplayer, so there should be a trophy for reaching the level cap, yes it's time consuming, but I feel it should be there.

Good point about the other MP trophies being inclusive. This one isn't the longest I've done but, it sure feels that way with how slow I'm progressing. One could attribute that to a lack of skill on my part but, in my defense I have a decent match average. I just seem to land in matches with outstanding players who "hog" all the points, haha. You may say "then find a different match"... To that I would respond "I try; there are not an overabundance of players and I typically wait anywhere from a few to several minutes for enough players to start a match." I use the Play Now option as not to limit my search parameters also. I can't imagine the wait time for narrowing down to a specific match type.

It appears this game is coming to a halt online with the impending release of Revelations.

Good point about the other MP trophies being inclusive. This one isn't the longest I've done but, it sure feels that way with how slow I'm progressing. One could attribute that to a lack of skill on my part but, in my defense I have a decent match average. I just seem to land in matches with outstanding players who "hog" all the points, haha. You may say "then find a different match"... To that I would respond "I try; there are not an overabundance of players and I typically wait anywhere from a few to several minutes for enough players to start a match." I use the Play Now option as not to limit my search parameters also. I can't imagine the wait time for narrowing down to a specific match type.

It appears this game is coming to a halt online with the impending release of Revelations.

It's best to stick to the session you're in, as it could take some time to find another. Just remembering my set up, I used poison a lot, and the smokebomb. Yeah, the bulk of my score was incognito and poison. I kept the smokebomb to stop pursuers killing me, and then stunned them. I also remember getting a score of 6650, I think that was the number, although I got it through pure chance, everything just fell into place, don't think I got close to it again. You get poison at level 29 by the way. Sorry for the drib drab advice, I haven't played Brotherhood's multiplayer in about 11-12 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Darn it, I don't see "Glitched trophies" up on the list of options for the poll :shakefist:

I was wondering why this wasn't an option.

The only thing I dislike is the trophies for multiplayer that rely on other people to achieve. Hell, lets throw in online modes also. the others in the poll don't bother me.

This gets my vote. Especially the ones where you have to rely on randoms. I have the worst luck with randoms. Ugh! :shakefist: