Least Favorite Kinds of Trophies

Dreakon139

Types of Trophies  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite types of trophies?

• Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)
    • Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
    • Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)
    • Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)
    • Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')
    • Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)
    • Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)
    • Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)
    • Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)
    • Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

Haha! I thought I'd be the only person to choose co-op reliant trophies. Good help (at the particular time you want it) is hard to find.

I messed up and bought Ghostbusters SoS, and one of its trophies was to complete one stage with three other coop partners. My first mistake was buying the game in the first place. The second was waiting to go back and finish up. I couldn't even find enough people to coordinate a boost. I ended up waiting about 90 minutes for randoms to join up.

Since then I look at trophy lists before purchasing a game and I try to make sure I have people on my FL that will be getting the game too if those types of trophies are involved.

I messed up and bought Ghostbusters SoS, and one of its trophies was to complete one stage with three other coop partners. My first mistake was buying the game in the first place. The second was waiting to go back and finish up. I couldn't even find enough people to coordinate a boost. I ended up waiting about 90 minutes for randoms to join up.

Since then I look at trophy lists before purchasing a game and I try to make sure I have people on my FL that will be getting the game too if those types of trophies are involved.

Uh...I know a few people that have helped you with your co-op trophies....

trophies that don't work anymore where they shut down servers and what not I mean WTF

It is for that very reason right there that for the most part I hate online trophies. I think all trophies, up to the Platinum, should be available offline. Online trophies should be reserved for either DLC/add-on content or for 100% completion.

• Like 2

I picked 2. Online trophies and playing well with others. Neither of which I enjoy, ESPECIALLY when the company takes the online component AWAY. Now, how in the bloody hell can I complete a game or get a plat w/o the servers...or the servers are dead because nobody is playing the game anymore?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really despise trophies that require a lot of online play or time spent with other players. I want to be able to return to a game at any time and be able to get the platinum without having to rely on other people or hope that the online community is still active.

I believe that platinums should indicate that a player is an expert, or at least pretty good, at every aspect of the game, but there are some caveats to that.

And then there are trophies for losing. I suppose it can be funny or maybe a pat on the back with a "don't worry, it's ok" for people who die a lot and need a relief from frustration. But recently I had to grind for game overs just to get the platinum. I almost didn't want to so I could retain what honor and dignity I still had.

As many others have stated, the online/multiplayer group trophies are the ones I hate the most. As an adult with young children my available time for games is small enough that I either: a] can't coordinate play with others or b] I don't get around to titles until well after most other online players have moved on. Which just results in more coordination problems trying to boost.

I absolutely hate collectibles. I think they are tolerable when you can collect them after completing the game in a free roam mode, but most games I have played do not work that way. I feel obligated to play Bioshock with a trophy guide open so I don't miss anything, but that is NOT the way to play it. I liked how they are in the Call of Duty games where you can just go back to mission select and can worry about enjoying the game instead of collecting everything so you don't need to replay through it entirely.

• 3 months later...

I chose speed runs. I hate them with a passion. And most games controls are lacking a bit to require such accuracy.

and also trophies based on other people playing. I like mostly single player games. I dont wanna have to wait for someone or need someone to play a game with me.

Not on the list, but my least favourite trophies are ones requiring an unrealistic amount of kills to achieve. One example is:

9Se6cdea.png

Prototype

Trail Of Corpses

Kill 53,596 infected

Now after playing through the game 2 times I had only killed around 3,000 infected, so you can imagine how much mindless grinding I would have to do to achieve this. I don't mind grinding but only if the total is realistic, like in this example 5,000 kills would have been a better amount.

I love

Trophies based around difficulty

Trophies based around speed

Trophies based around main quest/side quest

Trophies based around perfection

Trophies based around time spent

I hate

Trophies based around online modes

Trophies based around collectibles

Trophies based around number of players

Trophies based around losing/failing

Trophies based around something meaningless

Online trophies for me. I enjoy the grinding after I achieve the trophy, because it really feels like an accomplishment, but it does not mean I enjoy online trophies or the online trophies that make you complete every challenge etc.

Not on the list, but my least favourite trophies are ones requiring an unrealistic amount of kills to achieve. One example is:

9Se6cdea.png

Prototype

Trail Of Corpses

Kill 53,596 infected

Now after playing through the game 2 times I had only killed around 3,000 infected, so you can imagine how much mindless grinding I would have to do to achieve this. I don't mind grinding but only if the total is realistic, like in this example 5,000 kills would have been a better amount.

I have never played Prototype, but now imagine the same sort of idiotic requirements for ONLINE trophies. Either way, some of those like you mentioned are just friggin' stupid.

9Se6cdea.png

Prototype

Trail Of Corpses

Kill 53,596 infected

This started with Dead Rising, an achievement for this game was to kill the entire population of the town, 53,594 people. So in a game of one-upmanship other developers got in on the act. I found this out when going for the kill 53,596 zombies trophy in Dead Nation.

This started with Dead Rising, an achievement for this game was to kill the entire population of the town, 53,594 people. So in a game of one-upmanship other developers got in on the act. I found this out when going for the kill 53,596 zombies trophy in Dead Nation.

I was aware of some kind of back story to the reason for the amount of kills needed, but I wasn't sure exactly what that story was :P. Still a bit silly if you ask me :lol:

I threw my vote toward collection trophies, strictly because of Dragon Age II's supplier trophy. It's the only one I require for a plat. The trophy reads "collect each variety of resource." I did just that. After the awkward, somewhat heart wrenching silence of me staring intently at the upper right hand portion of screen for what felt like an eternity in limbo, I resorted to ps3trophies.org to find out that while it said 'each variety of,' it meant to say 'each and every.' I can't bring myself to play through 40+ more hours of DAII following the exact permutation of Hawke's decisions required to find every last hidden plant and rock in every 1 shot side-mission for 1 (well, 2 if you count plat) trophy. I just won't be platting DA2, but at least I can vote down that trophy!