Least Favorite Kinds of Trophies

Dreakon139

Types of Trophies  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite types of trophies?

• Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)
    • Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
    • Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)
    • Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)
    • Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')
    • Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)
    • Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)
    • Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)
    • Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)
    • Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

Online Trophies Are The WORST! Either a) Sevrers Close Down. B) Games Too Old And No One Plays Anymore. c)Game Requires Place 1st in 50 Matches While There Are Hackers / Campers / Something Wrong. Just Too Many Invariables Which Ruin Trophies T-T. I Could Literally List 1,000 Ways Why Online Trophies Are The Worst.

Personally I Love The Collectible Trophies It's Just So Much Fun FOr Me :):P:P

I've gone for online modes, as I'm not particularly great at multiplayer and it's a good job I don't have a headset because I rage. It's also annoying when servers close.

Also chosen trophies based on perfection but purely because of my hatred of the "No Point in Dying" trophy from Limbo...I have redownloaded the game so will attempt it again, eventually.

Trophoies based on number of players. Because most times it will require a boosting session and I really hate doing them, I don't mind multiplayer trophies as long as my progress is the only one that counts but when you have to depend on other people? Thats when it gets tough.

I picked time spent. Difficulty, online, misc etc. are all part of the game.

Time spent is just a way to stretch out the time needed to get the platinum.

24 hours in Create of My Kung Fu is Stronger are bullshit but at least they are kind of tied to the game. What is worse is trophies like Lazy Bastard in fairy Tale Fights or You've Wasted Your Life in Saw

You are literally standing around for 5-15 minutes and you aren't supposed to move O_o...who stands around doing nothing in a game? At least in Saw it is 5 minutes in the open in a survival horror game (even though the game barely has any enemies), in FTF you stand around 15 minutes in the Hub world :angry:

My least favorite ones seem to be the ones that are everyone's least favorite ones: online modes, speed and number of players.  The first and third one are related, since they require you to play with someone else, and I prefer single-player mostly.  And the speed ones require that you don't play the game for enjoyment.

Also there's one I don't like that most people don't seem to care about: story based ones.  I don't like them because they're meaningless, since they're impossible not to get while you play the game.  It's like saying "Here's a medal for not getting bored out of your mind of our game".  It's just silly.

My 4 (yes, I voted 4 times) are; Online, Collectibles, Losing/Failing & Meaningless, I'll describe my reasons for each one.

Online: I feel this is an unfair form of trophy, since it's not accessible to everyone (either can't afford it or a slow connection speed being 2 reasons), and the fact that the online community can be sometimes be deserted or near-deserted due to region or lack of interest in the game.

Collectibles: I see no real point to award a trophy for finding random objects in a game, even if there's a benefit of sorts in regards to finding them. I especially see no point in rewarding someone for finding the collectibles that serve no purpose than other than padding out a game's play time, like the 4 sets of collectibles in Saints Row The Third, the amount of money you get for finding each one is minimal and you get more than enough money doing everything else anyway.

Losing/Failing: I truly see no point in rewarding someone for failing in a game, which is why I was glad that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had a different trophy list to Ninja Gaiden II's achievement list, since that rewarded players for dying & then continuing 100 times. Rewarding someone for failure sounds like a backwards concept to me. I think one losing/failing achievement is meant more as something to avoid, Dead or Alive 4 has an achievement for losing 10 times in a row online and it's worth 0 GS.

Meaningless: The trophy type says it all, I see no point in getting rewarded for someone that you'll most likely accomplish through natural play or is so nonsensical, like starting the game or completing the tutorial for example.

• Like 1

.online modes : mostly experienced on all games i played online! ( level of frustration  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist: )

.time spend : mostly so far in LBP1 and 2, GT5, Nier, capcome arcade cabinet. ( level of frustration  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist: )

.number of players. mostly so far in burnout paradise, LBP1 and 2, dead space 3 ( level of frustration  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist: ) can be (  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist: )

if it's forcing me to go online to do them instead of offline. 

these are the most trophies i really REALLY dislikes! 

most of them actually made so the developers of these games can see how much peoples are playing their games or how much the peoples're addicting to play there MP or in case of a ( broken MP mode for a game ) the developers of that game just wanted you to try out the online mode or trying to force you to get in to it.

oh you forget to added trophies about using gimmicks like the PS eye.    

*Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)*

Online: I feel this is an unfair form of trophy, since it's not accessible to everyone (either can't afford it or a slow connection speed being 2 reasons), and the fact that the online community can be sometimes be deserted or near-deserted due to region or lack of interest in the game.

This!!!! I have a crappy connection at home which I only used in browsing and to sync trophies...

*sigh* remembered the frustration last night when I have tried my best in Rayman Legends Challenges then to find out in the end that I have disconnected..*sigh*

Online trophies doesn't bother me that much as some gamers.

Difficulty trophies are ok mainly because it really test your gaming skills (and the trophy is prove of it :pimp:  )

Collectible trophies are fun for distraction (plus,I have OCD :P  )

Side quest trophies are nice if you're looking to level up or getting extra in-game cash.

Speed run trophies are a nice challenge for gamers.

The trophies I hate are the ones that you need 4 or more players playing a level or match in one playthrough.

Mainly because they're not very reliable(some will just do their own thing when you need them the most)

Also,internet connection sucks most of the time(When you're about to complete a level and then you lose connection and didn't get the trophy :shakefist:  )

Unless you know the players with good internet,you're going to be doing those trophies with selfish morons :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate any online trophies mainly because depending on other gamers is annoying to me, and as you know, other gamers aren't always the most dependable sort. 

I also get annoyed when games have "challenge levels", where you have to finish something in X amount of time, defeat a certain number of enemies without getting hit, etc. Sound Shapes, Guacamelee, and Gravity Rush are good at this. Challenge usually don't have anything to do with the storyline and pretty much exist only to piss me off, I think.

Hate having to look at a guide for something missable...collectibles fall under this category.

Something that isn't often a problem but came up recently, trophies in another language. Knew what I was getting in to from the start, doesn't make it any less of a pain. :lol: