Least Favorite Kinds of Trophies

Dreakon139

Types of Trophies  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite types of trophies?

• Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)
    • Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
    • Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)
    • Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)
    • Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')
    • Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)
    • Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)
    • Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)
    • Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)
    • Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

The Online ones

The one that requires a certain # of players (like doing the easter eggs in blackops zombies)

i don't like online trophies in the sense that if you have older games that just started playing instead when they came out.... it's gonna be extremely hard to get platinum without the 1 person alive willing to help boost...

I agree with you that happened to me with killzone 3 online trophies. btw could you please explain to me how you put your trophy card in your post and when someone clicks on it they can see your psn profile

Really the only things that piss me off are difficulty trophies for difficulties you don't have from the start and really awful online trophies that take a shit ton of time (Warhawk was such a criminal when it came to that). For speed trophies it really depends on how much time you have and what the varying factors are. For example The god of war "Beat game in 5 hours" trophy was fine because you could play on easy and use special items from new game+ so that you didnt have to worry about difficulty, just beating the game- which made it pretty easy. However if you pull an Ico on me and make me beat the 8ish hour game in 2 hours you're out of your fucking mind

• 1 year later...

Online trophies and collectibles for me. The only time I've seen collectibles used really effectively was in Arkham Asylum (looking forward to playing City) where they added to the back story and enriched the world. Kill 200 pigeons in GTA IV? Fuck off.

Special category for one trophy:

FIFA Street - Online Dominance

- collectables (win 9 different cups on a rotating 9 week schedule)

- perfection (win 4 straight games)

- something meaningless (only available on weekends)

- based around time spent (your team ability points are dependent on how long you've spent grinding)

Trophies based on difficulty, speed, perfection can be accepted as challenges given to you.

Trophies based on collectibles is acceptable IMO, as long as the game offers chapter select, or little bit of side stories to it.

Trophies based on number of people can be boosted in the gaming session, and you can actually meet really great guys from the session.

Trophies based on mainquest/sidequest/failing can be done through the natural progression (if you like the game)

But trophies based on MP, especially boring reach max level, and time consuming 'finish everything' trophies, just make you want to re-evaluate your life.

I can't stand:

Trophies that require multiple play throughs to get the platinum or 100%.

- Difficulty related trophies usually fall under this category but I tend not to like them even when they don't. Oh and also difficulty related trophies that don't stack!

Online trophies! I'm already not a huge fan of online MP (competitive more than co-op) but nothing is worse than not being able to get trophies because of servers shutting down or having to prioritize games because their servers soon will be.

Speed run trophies! I like to take my time and see everything a game has to offer without it affecting my trophy progress. I especially don't care for this in games where a lot of thought, skill, and luck goes into its completion (looking at you Dokuro and Stealth inc)

Trophies based on dates or high play times don't really bother me because they tend to be the easiest to circumvent with minimum effort.

Edited by merciful84