Least Favorite Kinds of Trophies

Dreakon139

Types of Trophies  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite types of trophies?

• Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)
    • Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
    • Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)
    • Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)
    • Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')
    • Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)
    • Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)
    • Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)
    • Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)
    • Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)

Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)

THIS!!!! Does my head in. I really would prefer boosting online than gather collectibles and waiting on people to get there arses signed in to help us.

~Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)                                               

• ~Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)
  • Both of these kind of trophies are the worst for me, can't stand these types of trophies. :blink::facepalm:

I could vote for so many of these, but I went with trophies based around time. Pretty much with any game, it's important to me that I can take my time, and rushing through anything makes me nervous. This ties into my hatred for speed trophies. The only other type I truly can't stand are online trophies 

Edited by katniss1444
  • Like 1

Some of the ones that bug me in the list are online modes (when they're excessive), group only achievables and time spent (I wanna play the game my way!).

Above all that though, and not on the list, I loathe luck/random encounter trophies. Some that come to mind where Sharing is Caring from AC IV Black Flag (share each type of discovery - where the discoveries are mostly random), and Tailed from Watch Dogs in the early days (get tailed 5 times - where getting tailed isn't tracked, and back then it was purely random for someone to come into your game, but it is now boostable).

Oddly, of all those in the list, my favourites are difficulty and collectable trophies. Difficulty because usually 1 playthrough of a game leaves me at the peak of my interest in the game. Having to go for a higher difficulty allows me to experience the full game again while I'm fully invested (often the early hours of the game go in one ear and out the other), while having something more to gain trophy wise. I cannot explain why I like collectable hunting, but the only game I've despised it was AC Unity, and that was because it gave me frustrations throughout the game, so by that stage I was well and truly sick of it (yet I still did it?!).

Edited by LukaLaurent
  • Like 1

Some of the ones that bug me in the list are online modes (when they're excessive), group only achievables and time spent (I wanna play the game my way!).

Above all that though, and not on the list, I loathe luck/random encounter trophies. Some that come to mind where Sharing is Caring from AC IV Black Flag (share each type of discovery - where the discoveries are mostly random), and Tailed from Watch Dogs in the early days (get tailed 5 times - where getting tailed isn't tracked, and back then it was purely random for someone to come into your game, but it is now boostable).

Oddly, of all those in the list, my favourites are difficulty and collectable trophies. Difficulty because usually 1 playthrough of a game leaves me at the peak of my interest in the game. Having to go for a higher difficulty allows me to experience the full game again while I'm fully invested (often the early hours of the game go in one ear and out the other), while having something more to gain trophy wise. I cannot explain why I like collectable hunting, but the only game I've despised it was AC Unity, and that was because it gave me frustrations throughout the game, so by that stage I was well and truly sick of it (yet I still did it?!).

Luck based trophies are my least favorite too. It's not on the list, so I voted for collectibles since the two are sort of related. I remember spending over a week trying to get all of the coins in One Piece: Pirate Warriors. I got down to two coins and wasn't lucky enough to get either of them for days. I finally gave up and went on to a different game. Months later, I got got both coins in three levels. My luck sucks.

There are a lot of different kinds of trophies that could very well piss you off. I tried my best to think of them all and relevant examples, if you can think of any more please suggest them and I'll add them to the poll. You can choose as many from the list as you like.

Trophy Description (Brief Example)

Trophies based around difficulty (Beat the game on Hard/Crushing)

Trophies based around online modes (Win in all variations of multiplayer modes)

Trophies based around collectibles (Find all 100 treasures/100% of blast shards)

Trophies based around speed (Complete the game in under 6 hours)

Trophies based around main quest/side quests (Complete 'So and so quest')

Trophies based around perfection (Beat a level/game without dying/Take 0 damage)

Trophies based around number of players (Complete something with a full party/3 other players)

Trophies based around losing/failing (Lose 100 matches/Die 20 times in one level)

Trophies based around something meaningless (Play the game before 9am)

Trophies based around time spent (Spend 24 active hours in Create mode)

Trophies based around game-long stealth (Complete the entire game without raising an alarm).

While Dishonored wasn't so bad (once you got used to the enemy placement), Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Director's Cut (the version I played) are such bitches. Why is this? Because there are actual moments in the story where - when the cutscene ends - a boss / enemy is staring right at you! And because no one has ever validated whether or not there are ways to avoid this, it's an impossible platinum for those who play the DC version and a hard-as-hell 100% for the base gamers. 

Trophies based around multiplayer accomplishments (Take the lead in an online game with x second left, etc.)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Need I say more? 

and lastly, trophies based on global leaderboards. I think everyone knows the three games I'm referring to here, and if you don't, allow me to enlighten you: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced WarfighterGuitar Hero: Legends of Rock, and Quake IV

Luck based trophies are my least favorite too. It's not on the list, so I voted for collectibles since the two are sort of related. I remember spending over a week trying to get all of the coins in One Piece: Pirate Warriors. I got down to two coins and wasn't lucky enough to get either of them for days. I finally gave up and went on to a different game. Months later, I got got both coins in three levels. My luck sucks.

Oh dear... One Piece Pirate Warriors, that's one I forgot! Oh that was horrible, but my luck wasn't even that horrible for them. I remember repeating the one chapter over and over and over again while just listening to music, and within a day or 2 of doing that I got the coins I needed. My brother on the other hand... his luck was far, far worse. It took him almost a month to complete the game, and 3 weeks of that was grinding for his last coins!

Stupid luck trophies... lol.

Oh dear... One Piece Pirate Warriors, that's one I forgot! Oh that was horrible, but my luck wasn't even that horrible for them. I remember repeating the one chapter over and over and over again while just listening to music, and within a day or 2 of doing that I got the coins I needed. My brother on the other hand... his luck was far, far worse. It took him almost a month to complete the game, and 3 weeks of that was grinding for his last coins!

Stupid luck trophies... lol.

I actually gave up on that game, 30 extra hours just for looking for that 1 last coin, I dont really believe its random cus I got 99% in a few hours.

Collectibles and luck based are the worst for me

• 3 years later...

Collectable trophies, trophies that are tied to a feature within the game that then break before the servers shut down, I can't say I hate online trophies but I do hate when I see that they have become unobtainable out of the blue. Unfortunately if you want to get a lot of ultra rare trophies, you also have to do a lot of grinding so I've naturally gotten used to doing some grinding for trophies, but I can't say I enjoy it and nobody really does. This one is kind of obscure but another thing I don't like about trophies is when a guide for that particular game has not been made well, so you need to look everywhere else to find information. 

Trophies that are tied to a certain difficulty that requires you to beat the game 3+ times to unlock in the first place.I don't mind playing  game twice,but over 3 times is just annoying,just have the hardest difficulty unlocked from the start if you want to tie trophies to it.

• Like 3