Freaking Tree Ninja

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got it yesterday, did it in Sequence 3 memory 3. Did a lot of kills before that but you need to do it with the hidden blades. 

While doing it in Seq 3 Mem 3 you need to complete the memory and you can restart it afterwards. Double air assasinations don't count

USE HIDDEN BLADES!!!

I have done hidden blade kills in new orleans from trees but those dont seem to count towards this trophy. I cannot confirm this but i have a strong feeling because i have killed over 10 guards in new orleans (north east spot) with hidden blade from a tree and i still had to replay the memory like 4-5 times. 

I did it just now in the Plantation area (New Orlean). I think the clue is to do ASSASSINATION from BRANCH. Even aborted tries/jumps counts (my trophy popped during such attempt from BRANCH with hidden blades equipped. When you assassinate from BRANCH there is short PAUSE - it differs from jump from STALK/CORE where there is NO PAUSE so I guess it's the reason why this don't counts. I also bet that DOUBLE BRANCH ASSASINATIONS also counts. Trees with BRANCHES are located in front of main plantation buildings. GOOD LUCK.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hoping this might help someone.  I did sequence 3 memory 3 over and over and seemed to be getting nowhere.  I don't know for sure, but it seemed to me that any kills I did with any kind of alert state did not count.  So I decided to run and hide in the trees after each kill until there was no alert.  While I was hiding, one of the guards wandered beneath me, but positioned in a way so that if I attempted to assassinate him the scene would pause (as someone above noted) but I would land on another branch.  There are a couple of branches close to the back of the wagons that allowed me to do this.  So I just kept repeating this (and never caused any sort of alert phase) until the trophy popped.  I'll admit, I don't know if this can be replicated, but if you see a guard positioned in just such a way, give it a shot.

I got this in about 10 minutes at the plantation in New Orleans - north east part of the map.

LB5z3af.png

There's a ton of guards around so simply make the guards follow you and the just climb up the tree marked on the map (red arrow). You can get there from either of those 2 houses.

Once you reach the branch, make sure the guards have GRAY TRIANGLE above their heads. After that, you can do the assasination with hidden blades. You will know you did it the right way because there will be a short slow motion. Rinse and repeat...

• Like 2