Well equipped question

Lonemankane

10 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

ok then do you at all know of any good way to grind for gold to buy weapons and armor?

Save this as your last trophy and literally sell everything and buy what you don't own. There should be a little emblem that let's you know if you have it or not. Note: Do this at the end of the second playthrough.

Running through Bitterblack Isle will get you some expensive stuff to sell. After you beat it, the treasure chests reset with random stuff in them. The rare drops also sell for a good chunk of change.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Save this as your last trophy and literally sell everything and buy what you don't own. There should be a little emblem that let's you know if you have it or not. Note: Do this at the end of the second playthrough.

Running through Bitterblack Isle will get you some expensive stuff to sell. After you beat it, the treasure chests reset with random stuff in them. The rare drops also sell for a good chunk of change.

ok but can I ask does the log want me to have the weapons and armor with me in my safe or can I just buy it and then sell it for extra gold and so on

30 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

ok then do you at all know of any good way to grind for gold to buy weapons and armor?

Don't. Keep one of each item you have, so you don't waste money buying doubles by mistake. When you get the trophy, you can sell all that shit to get the money trophy.

You have to beat the game more than once if you want to go for Plat.

I think that's what I did anyway... it's been awhile, and I didn't get that far yet on PS4.

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

Don't. Keep one of each item you have, so you don't waste money buying doubles by mistake. When you get the trophy, you can sell all that shit to get the money trophy.

I think that's what I did anyway... it's been awhile, and I didn't get that far yet on PS4.

ok then can I ask how you kill death and all that as I got the ps4 one of it as if I have to save all this last then I need to do in death, and the dlc and all that.

18 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

20 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

ok but can I ask does the log want me to have the weapons and armor with me in my safe or can I just buy it and then sell it for extra gold and so on

I'd sell them IMO. You don't have to hold them all at once for the trophy. That's why you need to create an extra save ahead of time in case you screw up (not sure if the PS4 version autosaves more). 

It's pretty easy to go down the giant list that the shopkeep has and make sure you have 1 of everything. Just remember where you are at and sell everything for gold. Though, I am almost positive there is some sort of red emblem next to the item if you already held i at some pointt... Maybe @Dragon-Archon would know. There is no reason for grinding for extra gold if you can sell your weapons and armor for thousands of gold.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's pretty easy to go down the giant list that the shopkeep has and make sure you have 1 of everything. Just remember where you are at and sell everything for gold. Though, I am almost positive there is some sort of red emblem next to the item if you already held i at some pointt... Maybe @Dragon-Archon would know. There is no reason for grinding for extra gold if you can sell your weapons and armor for thousands of gold.

You can sell equipment for gold to buy new ones, but I recommend doing this at the end of the second playthrough. That way there are lots of items that can be sold and players can obtain some of the equipment merchants sell from other locations or as a reward from completing quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be working on a platinum walkthrough for PS4 soon

What I do in that is:

* I dont loot at all hardly during the game as its a waste of time

* I wait till im ready to go to NG+ or sppedrun, by this point I usually have a combo of 50 equipment

* I normally have a lot of money at this point, but I save my game at an Inn then backup the save. 

* Now sell EVERYTHING except your equipment

* Now with Gold Idol and suasion skill on some pawns, I buy the other 300 weapons or so. 

*  Once trophy pops, reload save to get everything back

For money, u must get to 

level 200 anyway for plat. Farm Daimon for this, u will get drops from him in the process that sell for loads. Ur dragon drops a lot of stuff that sells for loads as well. Gorecyclops in BBI can be stolen from which gets u abt a mil every 5mins iirc

I cant help u with money other than that as ur likely on easy/normal which reduces gold drops and u likely dont have Fournival now either....?

Unless u have millions, buy from vendors outside of Gran Soren first as they are usually cheaper

And I know where beyondthegrave is coming from but u cant track what items u have already bought. U need to keep all equipment until you get the trophy so that u dont rebuy

As for Death, check for this vid 37:45 for how to cheese him with blast arrows in 5secs

Ur on the wrong version page btw ;)

Edited by optimusmart

17 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I will be working on a platinum walkthrough for PS4 soon

thanks, I only got to read all of this when I got the them after, I found out that you just need a mix of them, so say I got 100 types of weapons and 250 types of armors, it will make the trophy pop, that was another question I had, do I need both weapons and armor to be 350 or just a mix of them both like the example I gave. in terms of money I got all I needed by using the skill master thief on the chained up Cyclop, and gave all the loot and stuff to all my pawns and when full up on everything I run back to the guy to sell everything to and once we are done we go back, in about under 1 hour you can get about 3mill for that, so if you do it in about 3 hours you might have about 26mill or something but yeah, that is how I got the money I needed to get all the stuff I needed done.

The ur dragon I think is not a good way to level up so the only thing I think might be best is farming death at the part you can do that cheese move to him and kill him, you will need rancid bait meat I think to bring him but I can't do it just yet as this is just a test I came up with as it works to bring him where you first got to see him in the dlc and if it works there you can get so much exp it is worth doing a lot of farming for the meat for it but yeah not sure if it works yet, as right now am close to plat I just need 50 board quests done and reach level 200 and I will be done. 

PS: never use the maker's finger on the final boss of the dlc as it does not one shot him I tried it only takes 1 hp bar away. 

yeah, I figured it I'd be too l8, i've been keeping on eye on the PS4 thread, not here

Ur right that the Ur Dragon is not good for levelling, I recommended that he was good for money, that was all, his drops sell for loads

As for levelling, True Daimon is the most efficient way, with max exp modifications
Death will not spawn there with rancid meat, that appearance is a one time only im afraid. What you will find with Death farming, is he is not ALWAYS guaranteed to show, wherever/howevever you do it. And to optimise it, you need to do it on Hard, due to that, you need almost a very very strong build in order to kill him in one go everytime, just too much messing around

True Daimon, on hard with a item from Fournival that grants x 2 XP, will net you 2.9mil xp a kill on hard solo. A cycle is 5mins long and can be done with a mid build.

(I play on hard) My levelling process on my guide begins with the video I linked, then go through main story (farming wight at GW sometimes as I go), then when all main story is done except for killing Ur Dragon, then I rush BBI, get to True Daimon in about 30mins to an hr. Then I begin farming TrueDaimon is I mentioned above. I only need to farm him for about an hr or so to reach lvl200

Can I ask what build your using and what difficulty your on? If you're not on hard, I highly suggest waiting until then to level up otherwise it will take you twice as long. (Hard gives double XP, but enemies hit harder and have more knockdown resistance, BUT, enemies defence/hp remains the same)

I have some more vids, one which contains the BBI True Daimon rush which I can provide, you know the quickest/easiest route to farm and reach him then???

Edited by optimusmart

8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

yeah, I figured it I'd be too l8, i've been keeping on eye on the PS4 thread, not here

well am right now level 166 and all I have done is farming death by going back into new game plus on hard, and the build I have is mostly a assassin mostly, he has fighter, warrior, strider and ranger all maxed along with assassin but I use that class the most, also abit of magic knight too but mostly just that, I am using the devilsbane sword with the dragon fire bow thing you get from the dlc, and my way of levelling up so far with death is easy.

Just redo a game, get your main pawn and then kill them go to the dlc place and go all the way to death by killing the gazer and then running to get to the point of killing him again with the blast arrows and using the pilgram's pendon thing that boosts exp to make it so when death falls and dies I get x2 of 99999 exp all while doing the board mission of killing rabbits, rats, goblens and the using rift fragments to get to have a item that was once cursed and meeting the guy for the first time the shop keeper guy who walks about the dlc place and that is it, doing all this for both the 50 board missions done trophy and level 200.

It seems like a lot but it is not as you are getting both exp from killing a normal boss plus deaths exp too and any rift fragments and stuff as well, to me it is better then the final boss of the main dlc as the true form for me is too much of a pain to deal with.

Edited by KANERKB