Sony is "very strict" about quality

Leaderboards

3 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

ffs where is this from 1f602.png

From April 2017 on PS4, the world's only consciousness simulator...Everything! (click for trophy list).

Naturally I couldn't help buying it because it looked so odd, then of course I had to get the platinum trophy, then I wrote the guide for said platinum...it was an experience to say the least. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

PUBG - "Sony is too strict with quality standards . . ."

Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games at the launch of "No Man's Sky" - "Hold my ?. . ."

In defense of (as much as I hate to) No Man's Sky, it was at least a mostly functioning and playable game that wasn't an eyesore. It just didn't really bring anything new to the table despite Sean hyping it up. Unless you count disappointing people on such a scale as something new to the table, then it broke new ground! I still don't think that game should have been $60 though. On the other hand, some of the games Sony allows on the Store often look like decent 1 hour games at best (usually platformer type games), to stuff the iOS store would reject or look like something you would play on Newgrounds back in like 2005 at worst.

However I'm kind of glad they took a stance on PUBG, not only because of the video linked earlier, but the community sounds pretty toxic from everything I've heard. Like something rivaling League of Legends or Overwatch (not that everyone there is bad mind you, but I can safely say I'm discouraged from playing them myself).

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

PUBG - "Sony is too strict with quality standards . . ."

Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games at the launch of "No Man's Sky" - "Hold my ?. . ."

Tbf, that was more of a false advertisement than a bad quality game. 

21 minutes ago, stupot00 said:

After seeing pubg run on Xbox I wonder how it got released in the first place. 

Agreed. The amount of lag and rubberbanding (even for early access) was god awful to watch. 

Edited by Combatting

Just now, FarSideOfSaturn said:

At least the animals in that game have walking animations...

C3yzUC1.gif

The game you put a gif of is one of tje best games of the year 2017, this game invented a concept not other game tried before and i am not joking, this did what no other game that came before did, its really good and actually new and fresh, it was made entirely by one person and he decided not to waste resources on the animations rather on the world building and story! 

17 hours ago, Primeape said:

PUBG CEO wants the game on every platform, says Sony is “very strict” about quality

https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/02/pubg-ceo-wants-the-game-on-every-platform-says-sony-is-very-strict-about-quality/

But what about this? LOL

Hardly anyone knows about this game except for the true Playstation fans who are subbed to PS' channel and also follow this shit.
Everyone knows about PUBG and Sony knows how many people are going to buy it - so they want a smooth launch. There is a huge difference in titles, so don't go drawing comparisons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soufwar said:

The game you put a gif of is one of tje best games of the year 2017, this game invented a concept not other game tried before and i am not joking, this did what no other game that came before did, its really good and actually new and fresh, it was made entirely by one person and he decided not to waste resources on the animations rather on the world building and story! 

My gif was more of a light hearted reply to the OP, it wasn't intended as a slight on Everything at all if that's the way it comes across :P  I played and platinumed the game myself and while I wouldn't go as far to say it was one of the best games of 2017 it was among the most unique. What I appreciated more than the gameplay was the theme, I've lifted this from a post I made in the platinum thread.

"It's kinda fun to play as a rolling cow (there's no walking animation so creatures roll instead of walk) or a slice of pizza, maybe a cigarette butt, but after a while that novelty wears off. Luckily, every few minutes we're treated to a lecture from philosopher Alan Watts to keep us entertained. His commentary on humanity and the natural environment helps bring through the games theme. The way I interpret it, by forcing us to play as everything from plants to planets it gives us the perspective of nature. It shows us how the natural world works together, and how we, as humans can learn from the natural world to improve our own lives and appreciate being alive". 

I admit I did get bored of the gameplay pretty fast, maybe within a few hours but it definitely had a point to make and made it well if you're willing to read deeper into what you're seeing and hearing. Who needs walking animations when a game gets into your thoughts the way Everything does ;) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

My gif was more of a light hearted reply to the OP, it wasn't intended as a slight on Everything at all if that's the way it comes across :P  I played and platinumed the game myself and while I wouldn't go as far to say it was one of the best games of 2017 it was among the most unique. What I appreciated more than the gameplay was the theme, I've lifted this from a post I made in the platinum thread.

"It's kinda fun to play as a rolling cow (there's no walking animation so creatures roll instead of walk) or a slice of pizza, maybe a cigarette butt, but after a while that novelty wears off. Luckily, every few minutes we're treated to a lecture from philosopher Alan Watts to keep us entertained. His commentary on humanity and the natural environment helps bring through the games theme. The way I interpret it, by forcing us to play as everything from plants to planets it gives us the perspective of nature. It shows us how the natural world works together, and how we, as humans can learn from the natural world to improve our own lives and appreciate being alive". 

I admit I did get bored of the gameplay pretty fast, maybe within a few hours but it definitely had a point to make and made it well if you're willing to read deeper into what you're seeing and hearing. Who needs walking animations when a game gets into your thoughts the way Everything does ;) 

I played Everything at events, i have the game in my library, i havent played it yet on my account but i would say its one of the best indie games of 2017. Its unique, its fresh and it touched me the way Journey did, its not like the usual video games, i’ve never experienced a game like it and probably never will but i will admit that the game is awesome. 

• Like 1