It's impossible to delete a trophy list with at least one trophy earned?

I'm sorry, probably there is already a topic like this, but i couldn't find it. There is a chance to delete a trophy list with at least one trophy earned? When i bought my PS3 long time ago, i didn't even know what the trophy system was and i shared the console with my little brother. And now, there are a few games that i never played and they're totally ruin my percentage. It is completely impossible? 

Currently you can only delete games at 0% (and they don't officially disappear until you earn a trophy in a different game after deleting them). 

Once you have at least one trophy in a game it is stuck on your profile "forever" (or until Sony decides to let those be deleted too). 

1 minute ago, Road2unner said:

You can't delete them, you can just hide them in privacy settings. It will show up on your profile, that you've hidden trophies, though. And some people might frown upon that because hiding is often used when you've been caught cheating/hacking.

then i would be an ultra hacker because of 629 hidden trophies. Some people just like to have a high completion rate.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

Currently you can only delete games at 0% (and they don't officially disappear until you earn a trophy in a different game after deleting them). 

Once you have at least one trophy in a game it is stuck on your profile "forever" (or until Sony decides to let those be deleted too). 

Hopefully Sony will hear my prayers someday. It would be nice if you could delete games that you haven't played for, i don't know, a certain amount of time.

Thank you all for the answers!

14 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Hopefully Sony will hear my prayers someday. It would be nice if you could delete games that you haven't played for, i don't know, a certain amount of time.

Thank you all for the answers!

You or your brother haven't played Black Ops 2 for a while but I would suggest you stay away from it if some day you feel like trying to raise your completion %. The multiplayer is riddled with hackers that can auto-pop trophies and that can sadly lead to you being flagged here.

Edited by skateak

53 minutes ago, skateak said:

You or your brother haven't played Black Ops 2 for a while but I would suggest you stay away from it if some day you feel like trying to raise your completion %. The multiplayer is riddled with hackers that can auto-pop trophies and that can sadly lead to you being flagged here.

believe me i know, i went back playing battlefield 3 and the modes was full of hackers and it made me mad because it was my favorite online game. glad i got blackops 2 online finished 

4 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Mine are in no order:

1) Battlefield Bad Company 1 - Insanely long and difficult, proud for it to be #100

2) Far Cry 2 - Quite a lengthy campaign with horrible collectibles, and an even worse online but it was worth it.

3) Call of Duty Black Ops III - Very challenging and fun co-op zombies mode, and spent quite a few hours on the campaign too.

Something seems a little off here...

• Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I really hope Sony adds a delete trophy list in the future. I really regret ever trying Zen Pinball or Wipeout HD when they were free. Don't like them, but earned a few trophies and can't get rid of them. Would also be a nice feature for games with unobtainable trophies.

I think it works perfectly how it is. You might not like those games now but you had an interest in them and it's part of your gaming history.

It would be quite boring if we kept deleting games we couldn't complete or didn't want to complete. If you could delete games there would be a lot of people who would regret it, wish they hadn't, then would complain if they played the game again and had to earn all trophies again. It could also cause problems with old saved data auto-popping trophies when starting the game afresh.

Not only that players could hack games and if they're caught just remove them. Delete games when they're completed to then try and get better timestamps. In the end you just have really messed up profiles that don't properly reflect your gaming history. Be proud of your profile whether it's perfect or not, every game tells a story of who you were and what you now are.

If you don't like a game then hide it, remove it if it's 0%. I hope that's the way it remains.

• Like 4

Deleting games with one trophy earned just makes it that much easier for people to maintain a 100 percent profile, or get their completion percentage higher than it should be.

Most people don't care if they earned one trophy in a game they may or may not of liked and never touch it again. Only a select few only truly care about their completion percentage.

The most important thing is enjoying the games you play, and setting your own goals.

• Like 1

I don't care about my completion percentage at all but that doesn't change the fact that I'd gladly remove the FIFA and PES games from my profile since I hate soccer and while it was my fault letting my friends play these games with my PS3 it would be nice to have a profile that represents me.

And I wouldn't even delete games at 1% like GTA IV for example because it would let everyone know which games I enjoyed and which games I didn't. And I don't want to hide anything either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

I think it works perfectly how it is. You might not like those games now but you had an interest in them and it's part of your gaming history.

It would be quite boring if we kept deleting games we couldn't complete or didn't want to complete. If you could delete games there would be a lot of people who would regret it, wish they hadn't, then would complain if they played the game again and had to earn all trophies again. It could also cause problems with old saved data auto-popping trophies when starting the game afresh.

Not only that players could hack games and if they're caught just remove them. Delete games when they're completed to then try and get better timestamps. In the end you just have really messed up profiles that don't properly reflect your gaming history. Be proud of your profile whether it's perfect or not, every game tells a story of who you were and what you now are.

If you don't like a game then hide it, remove it if it's 0%. I hope that's the way it remains.

I see your point but disagree. No one is forcing anyone to play them to re-earn trophies and odds are people are not going to try and replay a game they deleted. I would much rather have the delete option than the Hidden option.

The 0% removal option does not help with games you do not like. I can't even remember the last game I played that didn't have a trophy pop in the first 10 minutes. That is simply not enough time to determine if you like the game. If this is the reason they let you delete games in the first place it should be raised to about 20%.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                The current system also does nothing to combat unobtainable trophies. They may be unobtainable because the servers are closed, glitched, or have unlisted DLC and none of that is the gamers fault.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 3

Sony will likely never allow this, but I'm actually going to side with @sepheroithisgod on this one. While there's a good argument for trophy permanency, the alternative provides more flexibility and customization. Imagine, for example, being able to earn all of the trophies in the same game again, without having to make a new account or keeping an imaginary tally in your head. That's how practically every video game works anyway. If you want to reach 100% again (say, in a game like Pokemon), you can delete your file and start over. But you don't have to delete every save file for every game you own. That would be ridiculous.

Of course, it's really just another way of envisioning trophies. In that case, they would be more like "stickers," which can be added or removed as much as you like. Honestly, this is what I hope Nintendo does with the Switch, if they ever decide to implement an achievement system.

But Sony wouldn't be able to do this without screwing something up.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2018 at 8:26 PM, matigrosso91 said:

I'm sorry, probably there is already a topic like this, but i couldn't find it. There is a chance to delete a trophy list with at least one trophy earned? When i bought my PS3 long time ago, i didn't even know what the trophy system was and i shared the console with my little brother. And now, there are a few games that i never played and they're totally ruin my percentage. It is completely impossible? 

Its not impossible...anyone with admin access to servers that contains your trophy data can delete your trophies. Trophy syncing is a two way process either from console to server or server to console...remove your account from your console and they delete your trophy data from the server and your trophies are gone :)

I highly doubt SONY will offer the feature to remove the game from your list if you earn at least 1 trophy on it. If this feature exists, let's say someone's account got hacked. Then, hacker can use this feature to delete victim's entire list. Even the victim got his account back later on, all of his hard earned trophies are all gone. I don't think this is the feature trophy hunters really want.