Year of the snake DLC

Memnoch

You realize it's still called the PSN Store, right? SEN is Sony Entertainment Network, which includes a bunch of other Sony branches as well but SEN is just an umbrella of sorts and all the other parts just fall under it though. We still have PSN and a PSN store, it just falls under SEN now.

Parker

nah I didn't Parker - I usually buy off the website with paypal, so it's under SEN for me ;)

Ah, okay. I suppose the website you'd buy from would be SEN. Have you purchased this DLC? If so, I'd love to hear what you think of it. Sleeping Dogs was a fantastic game (one of my favorites last year) and I'd really like to know which DLC packs are worth buying.

Parker

Just finished it. Basically if you loved the main game and just want to spend a couple more hours in Hong Kong, this is for you. It's reasonably priced but there's not much going on story-wise to be honest. The story is mildly interesting at best and there's absolutely no character development. Basically no characters from the original game make a return and the whole thing feels like a bunch of Sleeping Dogs gameplay elements strung together. You get the good old foot and car chases, the fights (with some new elements like the tazer), some collectables and a hacking minigame here and there. It definitely has more content than the previous DLCs and at least makes an effort to continue the main storyline, albeit without expanding upon it in any meaningful way. If you really enjoyed the main game you'll probably enjoy the story DLCs to some extent, just don't expect them to be on the same level as the main game.

• Like 1

Anyone else having troubles getting the trophies for year of the snake? I for one cant unlock em finished requirements for all of them and nothing seems theres a glitch on them

Having the same issue. Not sure why but it doesn't recognize that I should be earning trophies.

I completed the main story but still need to do 3 challenges, two of them i can do against regular thugs but the Gassed challenge can only be done during a story mission, as far as i know.

Is there a way i can find a, whatever it's called, gas grenade shooting gun after completing the story. There is no mission replay option in the social hub? :|

Edit: Woops, i have 100%. I thought there was a trophy for completing the challenges, my mistake!

There's still a question that bother's me 'tho.. how can you complete that challenge. I only got 20 out of the 100 needed for gold. And i spread gas all over the place.

Edited by HootOwl90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well at least

Just finished it. Basically if you loved the main game and just want to spend a couple more hours in Hong Kong, this is for you. It's reasonably priced but there's not much going on story-wise to be honest. The story is mildly interesting at best and there's absolutely no character development. Basically no characters from the original game make a return and the whole thing feels like a bunch of Sleeping Dogs gameplay elements strung together. You get the good old foot and car chases, the fights (with some new elements like the tazer), some collectables and a hacking minigame here and there. It definitely has more content than the previous DLCs and at least makes an effort to continue the main storyline, albeit without expanding upon it in any meaningful way. If you really enjoyed the main game you'll probably enjoy the story DLCs to some extent, just don't expect them to be on the same level as the main game.

well at least you know why he become a  police officer when sleeping dogs 2 is release