Gran Turismo Sport VS Gran Turismo 5 (Difficulty)

PipeSwinger

Hello Forum! 

The Gran Turismo series has been close to my heart since Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec on the PS2. Last Fall, however, I decided to mess with Project Cars 2 on my PC and ended up cancelling my GTS preorder to save some money since I was putting a lot of time in Project Cars 2. So this has delayed my start to Gran Turismo Sport! Can't wait to play it though.

My question is for those who have achieved the Gran Turismo Sport platinum (or getting close!) AND have grinded out Gran Turismo 5's platinum in the past as well. I am wondering which one is more difficult to platinum? GTS or GT5? I remember some of the vettel challenges in GT5 were tricky. GT5 also took me over 600 hours. Seems like GTS doesn't take nearly that amount of time according to a trophy guide I was studying earlier.

Thanks!

Jacob

I'm currently working on GT Sport.  Personally, I'd say Sport is MUCH easier compared to 5.  I spent around 600 hours on GT5 myself.  The biggest grinds in Sport are leveling up to 50 and getting 322 races online done.  If you're competent in racing games, you shouldn't have too many problems getting wins.  As of this post, I've done 141 races, winning 57 and getting pole position in 41 of them.  I'll get the required wins and poles well before I get 322 races completed (for the :gold: Record Number of Races).  You do have to get all gold on Mission Challenges, but none are anywhere near the difficulty of Vettel.  I got all of them gold on my first try.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

I'm currently working on GT Sport.  Personally, I'd say Sport is MUCH easier compared to 5.  I spent around 600 hours on GT5 myself.  The biggest grinds in Sport are leveling up to 50 and getting 322 races online done.  If you're competent in racing games, you shouldn't have too many problems getting wins.  As of this post, I've done 141 races, winning 57 and getting pole position in 41 of them.  I'll get the required wins and poles well before I get 322 races completed (for the :gold: Record Number of Races).  You do have to get all gold on Mission Challenges, but none are anywhere near the difficulty of Vettel.  I got all of them gold on my first try.  

Thank you! Great to hear the mission challenges aren't as bad as Vettel. 

I don't know, I have been playing GT since over 15 years and the DR near release put me up with equal opponents after I won a lot of races in a row. Once you're at least DR A it can be very slow progress on wins unless you really are the .1%. Once you are consistent and winning a lot you will be increasing your rank and the races should be more evenly matched.

36 minutes ago, Ralph said:

I don't know, I have been playing GT since over 15 years and the DR near release put me up with equal opponents after I won a lot of races in a row. Once you're at least DR A it can be very slow progress on wins unless you really are the .1%. Once you are consistent and winning a lot you will be increasing your rank and the races should be more evenly matched.

Some people lose a whole lot of races on purpose, so that they get matched against slower drivers.

On 1/4/2018 at 1:46 AM, Ralph said:

On 1/4/2018 at 2:24 AM, colinnola said:

Some people lose a whole lot of races on purpose, so that they get matched against slower drivers.

Yeah, losing purposely is even a suggestion LOL.  I'm an A.  I try not to get pole position and get 3rd place, that way I can take advantage and pass the other two drives, battling each other.

I just need the lvl 50 trophy now. So pretty close to the plat. As far as the difficulty goes, I'd say its definetly easier than GT5, those vettels and the Alfa challange were quite something. In GTS I golded most of the missions in 1-2 trys. The only challange here is Sport mode wins and poles, if you play racing games from time to time you will not have a problem. It's either you're skilled enough to be in the top 3 most of the time aka you play racing games fairly much OR you dont play them that much aka you are at the middle of the back most of the time. Sport mode is make or break. My tip is  to get the best qualifying time and then go race.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EstonianBeast said:

I just need the lvl 50 trophy now. So pretty close to the plat. As far as the difficulty goes, I'd say its definetly easier than GT5, those vettels and the Alfa challange were quite something. In GTS I golded most of the missions in 1-2 trys. The only challange here is Sport mode wins and poles, if you play racing games from time to time you will not have a problem. It's either you're skilled enough to be in the top 3 most of the time aka you play racing games fairly much OR you dont play them that much aka you are at the middle of the back most of the time. Sport mode is make or break. My tip is  to get the best qualifying time and then go race.

Tere Tere!! I am 100% Estonian. Awesome name! 

Great to hear. I enjoy racing online when there are respectful drivers, but sometimes I just run into assholes who have no fucking respect what-so-ever and have no clue what they are doing. Excuse my language. 

How is GT Sport in regards to fellow driver courtesy when driving online?

On 08/01/2018 at 11:17 PM, PipeSwinger said:

Tere Tere!! I am 100% Estonian. Awesome name! 

Great to hear. I enjoy racing online when there are respectful drivers, but sometimes I just run into assholes who have no fucking respect what-so-ever and have no clue what they are doing. Excuse my language. 

How is GT Sport in regards to fellow driver courtesy when driving online?

Tervist, im 100% estonian aswell. Thanks for the kind words. Well it really depends what lvl driver you are. If you are a good driver you will also not get matched to good players. But that doesn't make it that there's no rammers. Ive seen rammers in A/A lobbys aswell.

The game is mostly easy, but damn that lvl 50 trophy is timeconsuming as hell, it takes you around 2,3 mil xp to reach lvl 50. Its 400k xp from 49 to 50 alone. So its a few hundred hour grind. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 4:28 AM, totallycrushed said:

Sport is so dumbed down compared to even GT6. Completing the "campaign" was way too easy and there was no satisfaction gained from completing a series of races or missions.

Yeah they even made gold times easier in a recent patch. I mean it was easy as hell to begin with. There's a reason why there's gold, silver, bronze time, leave gold hard ffs. 

• 3 weeks later...