Ripped off

Nitro

I am actually so pissed off right now.

I bought this game on Vita about a month or two ago on Vita. No big deal, played it loved it.

When I found out it was coming to PS4, i was excited and more than happy to deal with the delay. Now we come to today... I checked the store not even 10 minutes ago and I see this:

345a575fe6.png

Why the fuck should I have to pay again for a game which is meant to be cross-buy when I already own and paid for one of the versions?

If this is just some glitch on the PS Store, I understand, but this has really made me mad.

1 minute ago, DarkSoleride said:

If you own it on Vita just go to your PS Library on your PS4 and just download it from your "Purchased" list job done, the PS Store is not always reliable for having Cross-Buy working. 

The fact of the matter is apparently I still have to buy it again because there is a bundle (which includes PSV and PS4) and then there is only the PS Vita version (which at the time, was the only option).

So I still "apparently" need to pay?

This happened with the NA version as well. The problem was the PS4 version was added later and the cross-buy entitlement was messed up.

The solution is to re-purchase the Vita version. It should show up as a free game in the web store. Doing this should retrigger the cross-buy process after which the PS4 version should correctly show as free.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jasondm300 said:

I had no troubles.  It was showing free on the US store the day it came out and I downloaded it fine.  That is strange that it is showing you have to buy it again

This is about the EU version of it. Not the US. US residents got the game fine.

Seems like it's been flagged as a separate product in the store, which is probably unintentional. I've noticed things like this happen quite often with these cheap indie crossbuy titles.

Usually these things get fixed within a few days, as someone inevitably complains directly to the store or the developer. Seeing as this is an important release a lot of people are obviously interested in, it'll probably get fixed soon.

3 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

EU version isn't out yet. Your screenshot is the NA version hence the $ price. 

My account is Australian. Hence I am from the EU region. You can clearly see I am signed in, thus proving it IS out in the EU. I suggest fact checking before commenting.

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

My account is Australian. Hence I am from the EU region. You can clearly see I am signed in, thus proving it IS out in the EU. I suggest fact checking before commenting.

Well its not out in the UK store which is also EU. I see $ i assume USA. My apologies.

Wait a minute.. Are you telling me that Sony is making you pay another $4.55?

If so, then im done with Sony and heading over to Microsoft, at least they provide a cheese burger voucher for McDonalds when this type of monstrosity occurs.

Link below:

https://www.voucher-cloud.com.au/mcdonalds-vouchers

Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 3

OP have you already tried this:

55 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

The solution is to re-purchase the Vita version. It should show up as a free game in the web store. Doing this should retrigger the cross-buy process after which the PS4 version should correctly show as free.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

This happened with the NA version as well. The problem was the PS4 version was added later and the cross-buy entitlement was messed up.

How would you go about re-purchasing the Vita version? I tried pressing download and downloaded it to the PS3 and Vita but that didn't work

11 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

OP have you already tried this:

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

How would you go about re-purchasing the Vita version? I tried pressing download and downloaded it to the PS3 and Vita but that didn't work

Apologies - 100% mixed up Square Boys with 36 Fragments. For NA it was Square Boys that got messed up - the solution I posted resolved that issue with the cross-buy.

The NA release of 36 Fragments worked properly with cross-buy as soon as the PS4 version was added.

I suspect this is a glitch, as the game is definitely cross-buy here. It is worth noting that many of the EU regions do not yet have the PS4 version (it isn't on the UK store yet)

You can tweet the devs, but I would suggest you wait a day or 2, this will most likely get resolved.

Apologies again for the bad info

Just now, diskdocx said:

Apologies - 100% mixed up Square Boys with 36 Fragments. For NA it was Square Boys that got messed up - the solution I posted resolved that issue with the cross-buy.

The NA release of 36 Fragments worked properly with cross-buy as soon as the PS4 version was added.

I suspect this is a glitch, as the game is definitely cross-buy here. It is worth noting that many of the EU regions do not yet have the PS4 version (it isn't on the UK store yet)

You can tweet the devs, but I would suggest you wait a day or 2, this will most likely get resolved.

Apologies again for the bad info

All good buddy. Cheers for the help anyway :)

5 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

The PS4 version is not yet on the belgian store. Just wait for a few ours ;)

but australians already have friday 01/05, that shouldnt be the problem.

OP: Have you tried "restore licenses"? Maybe that one will give you the crossbuy.

Edited by StoRmAreA

2 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

OP: Have you tried "restore licenses"? Maybe that one will give you the crossbuy.

I don't see why it would cause it's a cross buy issue not being locked issue, but i'll give it a crack.

And yes, it is 2am on the 5th already.

5 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

I'm 100% certain that the screenshot is from the PC Store, so there's no license to restore there.

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I'm 100% certain that the screenshot is from the PC Store, so there's no license to restore there.

Just now, StoRmAreA said:

i didnt even say he should do this on PC. lol

You're both right. But alas, restoring license on PS4 did nothing.