Playstation Plus? ps4? what will happen?

ridwaano

i love to subscribe to playstation plus since i get so many Diffrent games that i really did look much into, and since i just got a Ps vita yesterday more games to vita won´t mind!:

but what will happen to playstation plus? on ps4? will it keep going on ? or stop at ps3/psvt?

i will love to see the playstation plus keep going like this to the next ps4!!

what do you guys mean? and benefit from plus?

I have trouble believing PS plus will carry on in it's current form - It would not make sense if you could get free games for all 3 systems - maybe an upgrade to also have free PS4 games ?

but also probably will not be released on console release (the same as Vita)

I hope and think it will just keep going with ps4 games added or different kinds of subscription

Would hate to lose all the games i collected thru plus if it stops all of a sudden.

Pretty much as me in there!!! i bought Ps vita when i had seen all the games i could play on it :D

I wonder what will happen to PSN in general. I reckon it'll keep running for the PS3/PS4 transition period, but once the PS4 takes over? What about our digital purchases on PSN (since the PS4 won't support them)? What about all the patches? I guess a time will come when our old PS3s will be just offline pieces of junk that only play broken games that don't get supported/patched anymore.

I wonder what will happen to PSN in general. I reckon it'll keep running for the PS3/PS4 transition period, but once the PS4 takes over? What about our digital purchases on PSN (since the PS4 won't support them)? What about all the patches? I guess a time will come when our old PS3s will be just offline pieces of junk that only play broken games that don't get supported/patched anymore.

Yep, just like the older consoles. But that will take years anyways, and I`m sure people won`t jump on the ps4 instantly, only them hardcore gamers. A few years and its price will go down anyways, and there will be many games on it, thats when its good to buy it. So yes, few years and ps3 will die too :P

Yep, just like the older consoles. But that will take years anyways, and I`m sure people won`t jump on the ps4 instantly, only them hardcore gamers. A few years and its price will go down anyways, and there will be many games on it, thats when its good to buy it. So yes, few years and ps3 will die too :P

True. My point is though, with all the previous generations the games were dependent solely on that one piece of hardware. If you have your old consoles and your games, you can still play them today no problem. With the PSN though, not only will your digital purchases cease to exist (possibly) but even your physical media will be playable only in their original form as printed on disc. Imagine playing something like Skyrim on the PS3 without being able to download the multitude of patches that make the game at least playable :) I guess buying those games again and streaming them through their cloud service will be the new thing...

• Like 1

True. My point is though, with all the previous generations the games were dependent solely on that one piece of hardware. If you have your old consoles and your games, you can still play them today no problem. With the PSN though, not only will your digital purchases cease to exist (possibly) but even your physical media will be playable only in their original form as printed on disc. Imagine playing something like Skyrim on the PS3 without being able to download the multitude of patches that make the game at least playable :) I guess buying those games again and streaming them through their cloud service will be the new thing...

As long as Sony continues to sell PS3s, they will continue to support it. I'm sure PS3s will still be around in the stores for 2 or 3 years. They just recently stopped producing PS2s, after all.

• Like 2

Can't see many devs/publishers wanting to do day-1 freebies ;)

Fair point, although that's no reason they can't still do the cloud storage, discounts on some small downloadable games, etc. And it wouldn't surprise me if there were new PS+ features that are specific to the PS4's new social functionality as well.

Also, I'm not sure how much the devs really have to do with it. If Sony wants to do free games on day 1, they could still pay the devs for them even if they're not getting any money (which, I assume, is what's happening now).

I'm sure Playstation plus or something similar will be on the PS4. I hope so because all the free games, plus discounts you get for being a plus member is real value for money and it would be a shame if they didn't have that in the future. 

As long as Sony continues to sell PS3s, they will continue to support it. I'm sure PS3s will still be around in the stores for 2 or 3 years. They just recently stopped producing PS2s, after all.

God that would suck to have all the patches for games just be completely obsolete.  This is not only something Sony needs to consider, but all newer consoles that want to push all this online support shit.  People will continue to play their older games on their older consoles like they always have, however, NONE of those systems required online or any kind of patches. 

Basically, imo, they either need figure this out fast.  Otherwise, it's not looking good for the future of gaming (as if it has? :rolleyes: )

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

I think we'll see some features (some of the social things, possibly) only be able to be used if your a PS+ member. Maybe things like uploading your game play or maybe even the feature where you can jump into other peoples game in play for them. Regardless of what Sony does, I'm sure we'll have PS+ on the PS4 in one form or another.

Parker

PS+ will probably evolve into something else, I don't see SONY ignoring the oportunity of selling features for the PS4 in some way, but the current PS+ needs to stay because the Vita supports it, and the PS3 is going to stay for 2-3 more years.