Anyone ever.....

The_Kopite

My gf actually just finished playing that game a few weeks back. I got into it late too but I played it 2 years ago.

I play a lot of older games so I don't really have the "Why didn't I till now?" kind of reaction but I do sometimes feel blown away by games where I underestimated how good they would be. Dungeon Siege 3 and Fuse are examples of this. More recently I've been playing Crimson Shroud on 3ds which isn't quite that old but an amazing game that I put off playing for way too long.

• Like 3

I did that with BioShock 1 and 2. I guess back when they were out the games looked more like a horror game to me and I didn't want to play a scary game, but because of the collection on PS4 I gave them a try and really enjoyed them.

• Like 3

There can be a number of reasons. The most popular one might be the limited amount of money available at that time. I just purchased Enslaved for 3,69 € ($ 4,40). Another reason might be poor marketing. There are tons of games coming out every month and sometimes you're too busy following each and every release. Enslaved is certainly a hidden gem that was also responsible for the huge delay of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Btw, Enslaved is a little over seven years old (October 5, 2010).

Just random facts:
Namco Bandai hoped Enslaved would have sold a million units by November 2010; however, the game only sold 460,000 copies by that date. By September 2011 sales of 730,000 had been achieved but this was not considered substantial enough to warrant continuation of the franchise so a planned sequel was cancelled.

Edited by Piano Reeves
  • Like 2

Same for me with the Uncharted series, never really interested me when it first came out and in the last 6 months I've had a go and platinumed the first 3 remasters, will be moving onto 4 and Lost Legacy and the vita game eventually when I finish off Xenoverse 2..

All the time. I never really play new release games so most of the time I am behind. But 7 year old games? sure im sure I have had played some. Actually want to try "Enslaved: Odyssey" a couple of times. It looks like that fast paced hack and slash sorta game at least when I checked it last a long time ago. Is the gfx holding up though? sometimes its hard to dig into it when its really plain dull colored etc. LIke Nier...no matter how awesome most say the game is. I cant fight how ugly it is.....

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

All the time. I never really play new release games so most of the time I am behind. But 7 year old games? sure im sure I have had played some. Actually want to try "Enslaved: Odyssey" a couple of times. It looks like that fast paced hack and slash sorta game at least when I checked it last a long time ago. Is the gfx holding up though? sometimes its hard to dig into it when its really plain dull colored etc. LIke Nier...no matter how awesome most say the game is. I cant fight how ugly it is.....

Enslaved is a great game, but it was a bit glitchy, not sure how it holds up now, but it was great fun.   The thing about Nier is, it was always flawed.  At the time graphically it wasn't great, and the combat needed work too, but the joy of Nier is in it's characters and story, fantastic soundtrack and some of the best VA I've ever heard, and the genre hopping.  Still right up there as one of the best games I've ever played, along with Automata. :)

Okami, missed it on both PS2 and PS3, got the PS4 version now...hopefully playing it soon, I imagine I'll have that feeling then!

Edited by RedMustang72
oops

17 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

There can be a number of reasons. The most popular one might be the limited amount of money available at that time. I just purchased Enslaved for 3,69 € ($ 4,40). Another reason might be poor marketing. There are tons of games coming out every month and sometimes you're too busy following each and every release. Enslaved is certainly a hidden gem that was also responsible for the huge delay of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Btw, Enslaved is a little over seven years old (October 5, 2010).

Just random facts:
Namco Bandai hoped Enslaved would have sold a million units by November 2010; however, the game only sold 460,000 copies by that date. By September 2011 sales of 730,000 had been achieved but this was not considered substantial enough to warrant continuation of the franchise so a planned sequel was cancelled.

Wow, really interesting link there! Oh and how did I think it was 9 years old?! lol brain fart there

17 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I love threads like this.. thanks to you guys I've added yet another game to my backlog. Looking forward to Enslaved :) 

The ever eternal backlog, it never goes away lol just filled with more goodness!

10 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

It's not that fast paced from my experience, bit slower in some parts (though I'm playing it on hard) and bit of uncharted style traversing around too. Graphics are ehat they are, good at times and bearable in others, but you can look past it.

17 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I love threads like this.. thanks to you guys I've added yet another game to my backlog. Looking forward to Enslaved :) 

You are very welcome :)

It occured to me a lot recently.

Before I had the PS4 last June, I used to play lot of games on the PS2, and sometimes I still play NDS and PSP games. Unfortunately, I didn't have much money before, since I was a kid, so I couldn't afford any game I wanted. Still, there are lot of old games worth playing, true story! :P

8 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

It occured to me a lot recently.

Before I had the PS4 last June, I used to play lot of games on the PS2, and sometimes I still play NDS and PSP games. Unfortunately, I didn't have much money before, since I was a kid, so I couldn't afford any game I wanted. Still, there are lot of old games worth playing, true story! :P

You're totally a trophy hunter for what I can see and it is still true what you told some years ago that you always try to 100% a game that you start playing. Which in itself is amazing :)

• Like 1

On 04/01/2018 at 10:20 PM, RVMcypress_grave said:

My gf actually just finished playing that game a few weeks back. I got into it late too but I played it 2 years ago.

I play a lot of older games so I don't really have the "Why didn't I till now?" kind of reaction but I do sometimes feel blown away by games where I underestimated how good they would be. Dungeon Siege 3 and Fuse are examples of this. More recently I've been playing Crimson Shroud on 3ds which isn't quite that old but an amazing game that I put off playing for way too long.

I love Fuse such a shame Insomniac Games have not pursued a sequel to that title would be great in this day in age. 

53 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

You're totally a trophy hunter for what I can see and it is still true what you told some years ago that you always try to 100% a game that you start playing. Which in itself is amazing :)

Hahaha! Yeah, I try to 100% most of them, though. It depends of the game. The trophy system helps a lot with that, even though in some cases, I don't 100% (in other consoles), or I do what I consider to be 100%. Careful, might catch up to you someday!