Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaz

How I should tackle the online trophies

11 posts in this topic

For a couple years now I’ve been wanting to purchase the game. If you buy the PS3 retail copy it says you get the Vita version for free as crossbuy. The code might have expired at this point.

 

The versus trophy can be easily boosted but I’m worried about the six matchmaking trophies. I suppose you can self boost with a PS3 and Vita as long as you have two accounts. The only ones left are for getting a triple kill in one match and playing a 2 vs 2 match, which either require boosting or a lot of luck. 

 

Problem is I hear a lot of people getting error messages when they try to connect online. Also when you get into a match I often hear about a lot of level 999 players being fairly active which puts others at a severe disadvantage. 

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games easy and yes its cross buy

youre talking about the ps3 retail version with a code for the vita, i cant speak on if it would be expired or not, i bought the game years ago, digitally, originally for my vita and downloaded my ps3 cross buy version afterwards

i dont know why people are always talking about having to boost these trophies unless the online is just completely dead, which by now i think it would be but the trophies are fairly easy and i obtained them with natural progression

there are several characters that can triple kill people with a level 3 special move..

as far as level 999s goes. You dont get skill points to add to attributes. or any extra advantages over other players, it just says “hey, look at me, im a complete loser with no life or have any other games for that matter, i spend 24/7 only playing this generic super smash bros knock off!”

Edited by Property_Damage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just takes time to earn the "Triple Kill" trophy, but you can get it if you choose a character with a level 3 finisher that kills everyone on screen, I used Paraapa as he has a move that spawns orbs on both, PS3 & Vita. I was lucky as most of the times you'll lose all your lives and be permanently out of the match, just keep  searching for a quick match and you'll earn the trophy eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this thread, Sony stop supporting first party cross buy support in 2016 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

i dont know why people are always talking about having to boost these trophies unless the online is just completely dead, which by now i think it would be but the trophies are fairly easy and i obtained them with natural progression

there are several characters that can triple kill people with a level 3 special move..

as far as level 999s goes. You dont get skill points to add to attributes. or any extra advantages over other players, it just says “hey, look at me, im a complete loser with no life or have any other games for that matter, i spend 24/7 only playing this generic super smash bros knock off!

 

Online is not dead, but very few players. There's a huge difference between getting these trophies a few years ago and lately. When the game come out you could probably find lots of bad or casual players. Not now.

 

The "losers" that only have that game and keep on playing it have the "small" issue for trophy hunters that anyone would expect from someone that has been playing the same game for several years: they're extremely good at it. While I was helping other boost several players tried to beat them or even get a triple kill. No one was able to, most a lot better gamers than me. The vast majority of these 999 players don't even have platted the game and if you check their trophies, they only use one or 2 characters, so they know every nuance of how to kick your butt in a few secs with their main character. Usually now you get 3 999 extremely good players, and either you lose all your lives or keep getting your ass kicked continuously and can't build a level 3 attack.

 

Boosting this is possible, works and makes these trophies a lot easier. I wrote a small guide for that. Or you can spend a few hours or even days getting them legit.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cris3f   is correct about the lvl 900 players, they are the vast majority of the players online and will make your boostin really hard. Most usually use Kratos because he's fucking broken (meta knight levels broken for any smash players) other top picks in base game I've seen are good cole and Raiden. I only got the triple kill trophy because my brother got super lucky while playing on my profile when I've been trying for days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

It just takes time to earn the "Triple Kill" trophy, but you can get it if you choose a character with a level 3 finisher that kills everyone on screen, I used Paraapa as he has a move that spawns orbs on both, PS3 & Vita. I was lucky as most of the times you'll lose all your lives and be permanently out of the match, just keep  searching for a quick match and you'll earn the trophy eventually.

 

It's not how to get a level 3 finisher, it's surviving long enough in the match against extremely skilled players to pull off the move and get the trophy.

 

11 minutes ago, cris3f said:

 

Online is not dead, but very few players. There's a huge difference between getting these trophies a few years ago and lately. When the game come out you could probably find lots of bad or casual players. Not now.

 

The "losers" that only have that game and keep on playing it have the "small" issue for trophy hunters that anyone would expect from someone that has been playing the same game for several years: they're extremely good at it. While I was helping other boost several players tried to beat them or even get a triple kill. No one was able to, most a lot better gamers than me. The vast majority of these 999 players don't even have platted the game and if you check their trophies, they only use one or 2 characters, so they know every nuance of how to kick your butt in a few secs with their main character. Usually now you get 3 999 extremely good players, and either you lose all your lives or keep getting your ass kicked continuously and can't build a level 3 attack.

 

Boosting this is possible, works and makes these trophies a lot easier. I wrote a small guide for that. Or you can spend a few hours or even days getting them legit.

 

 

Unfortunately that's how it is with a lot of online games that have aged.

 

I played two MMOs over a decade ago and when they were popular, I played with a lot of casuals and the occasional bad player. Today I can guarantee you if I were to log in those games I will mostly find very skilled, experienced players. Things simply aren't the same.

 

Or you can play a game like Red Dead Redemption and run into hacked free roam sessions. The game was a lot more stable back in 2010 when the servers were new. Now you need to boost to get most if not all the online trophies.

 

Personally I hate boosting and I would much rather earn online trophies legit, even if they take 50 - 100 hours to do. But with Playstation All Stars it looks like I HAVE to boost if I want the online trophies in a reasonable time frame. One of the good reasons why I also hate matchmaking because you can get all types of people.

 

Maybe I'll just skip the game or play through it on an alt before it gets added to my main account.

 

3 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

@cris3f   is correct about the lvl 900 players, they are the vast majority of the players online and will make your boostin really hard. Most usually use Kratos because he's fucking broken (meta knight levels broken for any smash players) other top picks in base game I've seen are good cole and Raiden. I only got the triple kill trophy because my brother got super lucky while playing on my profile when I've been trying for days.

 

Yeah that really sucks.

 

Most games with online trophies that I've done were boosted by one or two people. A few, like Posse Up in Red Dead which requires 8 players to be in a group I got extremely lucky on and got the trophy legit. Others like some of the competitive match trophies I got while playing with several people.

 

Here in All Stars you have to use the matchmaking feature and I don't know if I want to go through that.

 

Good luck on getting your trophies.

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

It's not how to get a level 3 finisher, it's surviving long enough in the match against extremely skilled players to pull off the move and get the trophy.

 

 

Unfortunately that's how it is with a lot of online games that have aged.

 

I played two MMOs over a decade ago and when they were popular, I played with a lot of casuals and the occasional bad player. Today I can guarantee you if I were to log in those games I will mostly find very skilled, experienced players. Things simply aren't the same.

 

Or you can play a game like Red Dead Redemption and run into hacked free roam sessions. The game was a lot more stable back in 2010 when the servers were new. Now you need to boost to get most if not all the online trophies.

 

Personally I hate boosting and I would much rather earn online trophies legit, even if they take 50 - 100 hours to do. But with Playstation All Stars it looks like I HAVE to boost if I want the online trophies in a reasonable time frame. One of the good reasons why I also hate matchmaking because you can get all types of people.

 

Maybe I'll just skip the game or play through it on an alt before it gets added to my main account.

 

 

Yeah that really sucks.

 

Most games with online trophies that I've done were boosted by one or two people. A few, like Posse Up in Red Dead which requires 8 players to be in a group I got extremely lucky on and got the trophy legit. Others like some of the competitive match trophies I got while playing with several people.

 

Here in All Stars you have to use the matchmaking feature and I don't know if I want to go through that.

 

Good luck on getting your trophies.

Thanks and I have already gotten 100% and platinum for the game. Oh and if you haven't bought the game yet, I would say pass on it from a gameplay perspective. The controls felt a tad bit unresponsive (kind of like super smash brawl without the Project M mod but more bad). I would suggest super smash melee or SSB4 on the Wii U for your brawler needs.  

 

For fighters, IMO Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the PS3, Injustice  (begone thots) 2  on the PS4, and MKX on the PS4 are all good choices as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSB Gamecube, Wii or Wii U is a gazillion times better than Battle Royale.

 

And I too got lucky with one of the triple kill trophies, but the winning while not dying one is really hard. The 999s will always kill you at least once.

Edited by cris3f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

easiest thing to do is get the digital version you get the PS Vita added or vice-versa automatically, then set up a boosting session get four players go on Mic with Discord or turning on your PS4 and use Party Chat or Party Chat on Vita, when you do this all of you must press "search" at the same time 1/3 you will all end up in the same lobby keep doing this till you all end up in the same lobby then go into a match and do the trophies you need. Job done.

 

This is how i got the PS3 version done, (Vita version i did normally when the game launched) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Thanks and I have already gotten 100% and platinum for the game. Oh and if you haven't bought the game yet, I would say pass on it from a gameplay perspective. The controls felt a tad bit unresponsive (kind of like super smash brawl without the Project M mod but more bad). I would suggest super smash melee or SSB4 on the Wii U for your brawler needs.  

 

For fighters, IMO Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the PS3, Injustice  (begone thots) 2  on the PS4, and MKX on the PS4 are all good choices as well.

 

I abandoned the Wii several years ago. I have friends with a Wii U and there's nothing I really want from that console considering it's now last gen.

 

You would have to force me to play those games, because I suck at fighting. Especially Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV, they're pretty brutal when going for the platinum.

 

9 hours ago, cris3f said:

SSB Gamecube, Wii or Wii U is a gazillion times better than Battle Royale.

 

And I too got lucky with one of the triple kill trophies, but the winning while not dying one is really hard. The 999s will always kill you at least once.

 

I suppose it's possible to get into a match with boosting partners provided you're in a party. But the matchmaking feature will usually put randoms up against you, which is why I hate matchmaking in a game you're trying to boost.

 

9 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

easiest thing to do is get the digital version you get the PS Vita added or vice-versa automatically, then set up a boosting session get four players go on Mic with Discord or turning on your PS4 and use Party Chat or Party Chat on Vita, when you do this all of you must press "search" at the same time 1/3 you will all end up in the same lobby keep doing this till you all end up in the same lobby then go into a match and do the trophies you need. Job done.

 

This is how i got the PS3 version done, (Vita version i did normally when the game launched) 

 

That sounds like the best solution.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.