Vita not reading/recognizing memory card

dmsleight

My vita recently fell off my bed, from less than 2 feet, and since then it doesn't recognize the memory card.  I have tried a few things, but it still doesn't read it.  I don't have another card to see if a different would work.

Has anyone come across a situation like this and found a solution?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1. Reformat the memory card

2. restart the PS Vita 

3. sign in to PSN go to accounts and "activation" and "activate account / device 

this should resolve the issue if the problem still persists in addition to reformatting your card you may have to reformat the Vita console itself but make sure you have PS+ to back you your saves to The Cloud.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmsleight said:

My vita recently fell off my bed, from less than 2 feet, and since then it doesn't recognize the memory card.  I have tried a few things, but it still doesn't read it.  I don't have another card to see if a different would work.

Has anyone come across a situation like this and found a solution?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I had this happen to me once with the memory card I use now.  Long story short my Vita flew off the table.  In any case, I turned the power off my Vita and reinserted the memory card and it worked for me.  

As mentioned before, you may need to reformat your card.  Or, if you have a 64GB/32GB then it may have fried.  I used to have a 64GB but a month later it died.

As with everyone else, reformat that memory card immediately and restart your Vita. Don't continue to play games or make additional saves or else it may corrupt your whole Vita. I didn't realize this and I had to get rid of my OLED Vita as every other game wouldn't read the memory card and it would cause my games to shut down if I left them unattended (Hyperdimension Neptunia U). What sucks was that this happened with an 8GB memory card...I was very unlucky and naive. 

Thanks for the advice, but I can't reformat a memory card that the device can't read.  I have removed and reinserted it a few dozen times.  I have restarted it several times.  It is the 16 gb.  I noticed that sometimes I can't even swipe off the unlock screen until I remove the card.  Something real funky is happening.  I guess I can only send it to be repaired.  I wonder what itll cost me....  I wish I had a 2nd card to test it would work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Thanks for the advice, but I can't reformat a memory card that the device can't read.  I have removed and reinserted it a few dozen times.  I have restarted it several times.  It is the 16 gb.  I noticed that sometimes I can't even swipe off the unlock screen until I remove the card.  Something real funky is happening.  I guess I can only send it to be repaired.  I wonder what itll cost me....  I wish I had a 2nd card to test it would work.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the memory card is dead.  I had similar problems when mine died.  Best of luck.

20 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the memory card is dead.  I had similar problems when mine died.  Best of luck.

Yeah,  I hate to say it even more...  but you are probably right (I guess it is slightly better than the alternative, a disfunctional unit).  I wouldnt think that a small drop would do that... but I guess there are greater oddities in this here universe.

• Like 1