Question on the Stacking

DrakeHellsing

I do want to try and understand this a bit more.  I obtained that golem thing from the caverns (before fighting Shiva), and I know it's a medium sized monster.  My question is, for those things, I can only have medium ones in battle if I'm the giant version of my characters right? And if I'm giant, then I wont be able to use a large monster to help me fight?

Just want to be able to understand that a little bit more, since the game can gloss over things like that every so often.

Yes, in the stack you can have only one Small, one Medium, and one Large monster. Reynn and Lann can be Medium or Large, so to use the golem (M) you have to use one of the twins in their jiant mode (L). The twins don't have to be the same size - if you have a good L monster, you can use it with one M twin, and give the M monster to the other one. 

A tip that would have made my beginnings easier and might be interesting: to get the stacks right you have to remember that the abilities in the stack add. If you have two mirages with 'cure' in the stack, you get both 'cure' and 'cura' (second tier spell). The resistances and weaknesses also add, so on one hand it's a good idea to stack for example two fire-type mirages (Fritt (S) + Bihydra (M) + Lynn/Reyn (L)) but it might cause the stack to be extremely weak to water/ice attacks. 

Hope it helps!

Yeah, the game has now told me about the whole, stacking abilities ordeal, so I will keep that in mind too :)

And I'll ask now, that whole, transfigure thing with one creature to another... do you have to fill out the board for it, or at least, make a line to it to be able to actually change said monster into another?