Killzone 2 & 3 DLC sales?

MennoWoods2

I really want to get 100% on these games before the servers go off, but i don't wanna pay $25 for DLC's that are 8 & 6 years old and i can only play for 2 months.

So i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a sale somewhere for the DLC's or if there are any upcoming sales?

Your best bet might be to try to track down the Killzone collection. That comes with a redeemable code for all the DLC, as well as a copy of the original Killzone.

A couple of notes - you will need a new copy of the collection as the DLC is a code, not on the disc. The original Killzone is $15, so that covers a big chunk of the cost of the collection. I bought it about 6 mo ago for $25. The code will likely be expired, but you should still be able to redeem it. Obviously no guarantees, but there are lots of reports of the codes still working well past the printed expiry. It is likely the DLC will be delisted soon, probably before the server shutdown so I wouldn't wait too long.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, Abysm_Nucleus said:

They were on sale on EU Store 1 months ago. Don't know about the US.

Yep.. Roughly when the shutdowns were announced. :) - Individual DLC's and the combo packs.

You may be lucky enough for them to come back on sale prior to the shutdowns, but I probably wouldn't risk it given the circumstances.

The next price change of KZ2 & KZ3 DLCs will be their delisting, so if I were you, I would have already purchased them.

(Well, I actually purchased KZ3 DLC many years ago on a sale and KZ2 DLC back in 2015 when I boosted it. Just saying you should buy it just in case).

The same will happen to KZ3 Standalone multiplayer.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:42 AM, diskdocx said:

The code will likely be expired, but you should still be able to redeem it.

Exactly my case - bought Killzone collection (sealed) about 3 years ago, the expiration date for the code was sometime in the end of 2016 - could not redeem it. The error was something "your code is invalid or has expired". Don't know, maybe my bad luck.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 1:23 AM, redcar200 said:

I had the collection n code didn't work for me. Code expired. That's what I get for having the game for about 2 years before opening it.

Yes, I learned the hard way about this - but I what I do now is redeem the code even if you are not going to play it right away, so lets say 2-3 years later you want to play the game, you already have it on your downloads waiting.

5 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

Yes, I learned the hard way about this - but I what I do now is redeem the code even if you are not going to play it right away, so lets say 2-3 years later you want to play the game, you already have it on your downloads waiting.

So we both learned the hard way. Sometimes its the best way to understand.

• Like 1