Anyone else in a rush to clear out all their PS3 online trophies?

ThatMuttGuy

Kind of, but not really. The only PS3 game with online trophies that I got is Sacred 3 (PS+). I am making it one of my priorities right now for multiple reasons.

I don’t really buy PS3 games with online anymore, just what comes to PS+.

That’s a lot of pressure off my back.

Not particularly. I figure I have enough games that, if I get to them its great. Otherwise if they shut down I'll just take those trophies off my backlog. The servers are usually pretty dead so I don't feel I'm missing out on any great experience.

• Like 1

I've been working on my ps3 backlog for about a year now, I haven't really touched the full ps3 games and am still on PSN games, but I'm not really rushing unless I see server closure announcements. 

Honestly server closure announcements are your friend, boosting sessions go up 500% and the online gets filled with people, now that can be good or bad but for boosting it's what you need. I'm gonna start wipeout 2048 next month on Vita and I might pick up the DLC for KZ2 and 3. The best time to have done KZ2/3 was around when they came out anyway, you didn't have the PS4 around where 90% of the userbase is at so everyone played the same games. 

I'm bad at rushing anyways cause of how lazy I am. I saw Batman Arkham Origins was getting shut down but they never actually took the servers off so I was able to do those trophies months later.

Edited by BHK3

Kind of, 2018 is my 'Year of PS3' and I'm going to clear as many of my PS3 games as possible, partly so I can forget about server closures, partly because the backlog is quite large and I'm scared of my console breaking down due to age before I ever get to them.

I don't know why this worries me as my PS1 and PS2 still work perfectly, the PS3 has no reason to die on me anytime soon.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

I've had this period last year. At that moment there wasn't much announced but i had a feeling that many games could be close to a server closure. 

I think i've done at least 15-20 ps3 games (mp portion) in half a year. ATM i only want to do the Killzone 3 DLC. Apart from that i don't want to do any PS3 mp anymore.

I am in rush now. because i am fear that my PS3 will be breaking before i even get the chance to backlog them all. i even backup my all save game after finished it one by one in case it break on me while i am not finished some game. I still have tons of PS3 to finished (literally more than 50+ backlog)

I really hope PS5 feature PS3/PS4 BC so i don't have to worry about it anymore.

If my PS3 happened to be trash, i will hold up buy a new PS3 until PS5 news coming to see if it got PS3 BC if miracle happened. (PS4 is likely, so no worry)

PS3 will likely have trouble with disc reader/CPU is getting aged and hard disk died due to age.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

I had this PS3 clear out last year. They were all online ones.

Black Ops 2 - I had around 4 DLC zombie packs to complete, plus 2 zombie trophies from that main game, so that was around 42 trophies that could of been unobtainable if they close the servers/zombies down.

Black Ops 1 - I had 1 Easter Egg trophy left to get which required 4 players.

Payday 2 - I had around 6 trophies left on this one, pretty tough ones as well. A few of them were annoying 4 player trophies that I didn't have the motivation to complete earlier and are pretty much impossible with randoms.

I always want to finish AC Brotherhood next but sessions are always full and I don’t know enough about the multiplayer to start my own session. I do plan on getting twisted metal done by myself soon as well. But yeah I got a lot of ps3 online trophies that I’m not sure will get done. I already have about 5-6 games with unobtainable online trophies so it’s easier for me to say screw it, I don’t care enough. Haha

I know I am.  Not necessarily just online trophies, but I'm worried about sony just cutting ps3 off.  It doesn't seem like it'll happen soon, what with ps+ still releasing free games.  That is my problem also is that I keep downloading the free stuff and then buying games I really wanted to play for super cheap, which only increases the backlog and makes me feel even more under pressure.  My work schedule also doesn't help being able to play with any consistency.

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Not particularly. I figure I have enough games that, if I get to them its great. Otherwise if they shut down I'll just take those trophies off my backlog. The servers are usually pretty dead so I don't feel I'm missing out on any great experience.

^ same. And I'm too lazy to rush games in any case :awesome:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

What is this... backlog you speak of? That word is foreign to me :P

''Backlog'' is basically a term for a list of all the games that you have yet to come back too and finish. (in this case for trophies), therefore the name BACKlog.