Anyone else in a rush to clear out all their PS3 online trophies?

ThatMuttGuy

1 minute ago, gamesfourever said:

''Backlog'' is basically a term for a list of all the games that you have yet to come back too and finish. (in this case for trophies), therefore the name BACKlog.

Guess someone didn't catch the sarcasm in my sentence... since everyone on here, by now, should know that I don't even care for my backlog in clearing it out, it continues to grow each day :P

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Guess someone didn't catch the sarcasm in my sentence... since everyone on here, by now, should know that I don't even care for my backlog in clearing it out, it continues to grow each day :P

When your sarcasm is so advanced people start to take you seriously

• Like 2

Was there a list on which PS3 games were going down so I know which ones to finish right away.
I know there is a few games on my list I'd actually want to finish like Tom Clancy's Hawx, Brutal Legend, Uncharted, Watch Dogs and some others, but never have gotten around to them.
At least I finished Aliens vs Predator online trophies.

I’m looking to clear out my backlog of games that I haven’t started at all because I want to move on from the PS3 so I can concentrate on my PS4 and also because the PS3 has been discontinued in New Zealand so you can’t buy consoles or accessories new anymore meaning if something happens to my hardware it’s going to be that much harder to replace them.

• Like 1

Since I don't have access to my PS4/VR (since early december :( ) I'm currently trying to clear my PS3 backlog and especially the online trophies first.

My next online game is Bioshock 2 and then I still have to do CoD Ghosts (and his DLCs) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge so this isn't going to be an easy journey ... I just hope the servers are not going down until the end of 2018 at least.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

I get to it when I get to it. I will still play Wipeout HD even after the shut downs. I have plenty of impossible trophies, why stop now? :P (BTW, I give zero ships about a high completion rate, I just do complete games for funz. In fact, I expect mine to drop to 60% by the end of the year)

• Like 1

Not really worried about that . Although i have few games with online trophies on my backlog and far more on my trophy list yet to gain those online trophies , i'm not seeing  myself rushing and playing those just to clean the online portion .  

• Like 1

I'd like to tackle the Burnout Paradise trophies (including DLC); it's almost a decade old and I'm amazed the servers are still up. Great fun too, but I'm hesitant to start it since there's a few that require 8 people :S

Edit: And I know from experience what a pain in the ass it is to get 8 people together at the same time for a new game, yet alone one that's so old.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

Yes, but single players and I do it with the purpose to move on and not because all online services for several games are ending. For games with MP trophies I play them for fun, I play them until I can't enjoy them anymore, not caring for the plat. Make a session just to boost games with dead multiplayers, ahhh... I'm too lazy for that now. RDR was the last one. MAYBE in the future I'll do something, but now? naaaah.

Don't really care about games with online trophies/boosting.

Skipping any game that requires heavy online boosting methods. Off the top off my head, I am not doing any Assassin's Creed multiplayer, waste of time. Luckily the Ezio Collection on PS4 removed multiplayer.

For PS3 there are a few exceptions though, Borderlands related games and MGS: Peacewalker.

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

I'd like to tackle the Burnout Paradise trophies (including DLC); it's almost a decade old and I'm amazed the servers are still up. Great fun too, but I'm hesitant to start it since there's a few that require 8 people :S

Edit: And I know from experience what a pain in the ass it is to get 8 people together at the same time for a new game, yet alone one that's so old.

@Zolkovo I have that game so you can add me and once we get a few others we can get that trophy. 

2 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Was there a list on which PS3 games were going down so I know which ones to finish right away.
I know there is a few games on my list I'd actually want to finish like Tom Clancy's Hawx, Brutal Legend, Uncharted, Watch Dogs and some others, but never have gotten around to them.

Uncharted always has boosting sessions up. 2 is really easy, unless you want 100%. I haven't even looked at 3 yet, so I don't remember.

Anyway, I hate MP... I tried doing Tomb Raider, but it's just so fucking tedious and not fun. So if there is an MP trophy, I usually don't bother... Maybe if it was a physical game I wanted to Plat and sell.

Part of me wants to do 2048, but I'm not really good at that game. I feel like anyone else in the session would be annoyed lol.

I try to play one game on each PS console. Right now I've been playing a lot of shitty PS+ games.

Ive been pondering about returning to my ps3 back log. Some 100+ games heh.. ( doesnt even seem like ive that many but dam!)

Figure, not much in the way of 2018 ps4 titles catching my eye aside from FF NT.  Monster hunter and 2 up-coming sim games ( names elude me)

And seeing that 2018 seems ta be the killswitch for ps3 mp. ( killzone demo souls, gran tourismo ( ik no mp trophys still, shutting down)

I'm lucky thou.. Most my ps3 games are single player rpgs / performers

God of war(s) to xillia.

I am growing worryed that ps3 is on its hind legs. As i bought it summer of 09. ( bundled w sly cooper and gt5) 

I think its thermal paste is nigh at its end.  ? 

Hearing the plastic pop and crack makes me worried.

After getting kz3 done. Might mozy over to r.e 5 ( dam mp..) And mayybe pick up nfs hot pursuit dlc.. And atempt to get ragnaroc oddsy ace mp done - i dont even dare touch gta5 x.x" beast of a game ( size wise) and w unobtainable trophys ( bounty) saves me a headache

Blarg xD. Once its settled thou... I can hopefully rest easy

*just counted what games still have avalavle mp ... 20 games to do, 2 of witch i no longer have lol r.e 5 (ps3) and dbz battle of z 

Lol still. Guna be a long haul to get some like injustice, and street fighter x tekken 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Added info

I actually started to worry about it with all those news of server closures and started to get done with that, but then, although that my PS3 backlog is somewhat big (30+ games easily), quite few have online trophies that I'm missing (just Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Z, that I'm working now, Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown, other then that GTA5, but since I'm missing that stupid trophy, I'm not worrying about that game..).

Because of this, I'm also kind of avoiding buying more PS3 games with online trophies..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juzota said:

No. Only online trophy I would like to have is the one for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, but don't think I ever get that.

This is literally the easiest MP trophy ever and takes about five minutes. Send me a message on psn and I’ll help you get it 

Edited by turpinator1986
  • Like 1