The Best (and Worst) of PlayStation 3 [Voting Finished!]

German_Atheist

On 01/09/2018 at 4:37 AM, Trophy Huntress said:

Playing with friends is a blast, playing solo is indeed BORINGLANDZ

Also deep respek for the people including Deadly Premonition and Spec Ops: The Line in their top 10 ^_^

Spec ops the line was one hell of a twisted good game. I also visited Dubai a couple of times and seeing it in ruins was kind of cool

Hey to op. As a suggestion instead of having points going separately for top and flop points, why not let them cancel out. So for ex if RDR received 10 points from someone and it received 3 points for being a flop. Then the net change would be 7 on the top list. Once that number hits negative, then make it go on the flops list. The one with the most flops ( most negative points is on the list). How does that sound?

It looks weird to have let's say Borderlands as like near to the top flop but meanwhile it is also doing well in the tops list lol. @Piano Reeves

Edited by PooPooBlast

11 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Spec ops the line was one hell of a twisted good game. I also visited Dubai a couple of times and seeing it in ruins was kind of cool

Hey to op. As a suggestion instead of having points going separately for top and flop points, why not let them cancel out. So for ex if RDR received 10 points from someone and it received 3 points for being a flop. Then the net change would be 7 on the top list. Once that number hits negative, then make it go on the flops list. The one with the most flops ( most negative points is on the list). How does that sound?

It looks weird to have let's say Borderlands as like near to the top flop but meanwhile it is also doing well in the tops list lol. @Piano Reeves

I like that idea! That sounds better ?

9 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

The Best

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  3. Batman: Arkham City
  4. The Last of Us
  5. Red Dead Redemption
  6. Dead Space
  7. Bioshock
  8. Vanquish
  9. Grand Theft Auto IV
  10. Saints Row: The Third

The Worst

1. Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge
  2. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  3. Lollipop Chainsaw
  4. Remember Me
  5. Battlefield 3

Remember Me and Battlefield 3 ? ?

• Like 1

My Best 10:

1 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2 Mass Effect 2

3 Dead Space 3

4 Spec Ops: The Line

5 Vanquish

6 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

7 Helldivers

8 Okami HD

9 Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

10 Double Dragon Neon

My Worst 5:

1 Air Conflicts: Vietnam

2 Alien Rage

3 ゴジラ-GODZILLA-

4 Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

5 Inversion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

9- Ninja Gaiden Sigma <-- hope this should not count as an HD remaster on ps3, if it does then put on its place Red Dead Redemption please.

it's not fair to put only 10 as best since the ps4 got a huge library of good games but this'll do for now.

It's not about not listing HD remasters. It's about not listing HD collections because they are not games. They are bundles, packaged for marketing reasons. If someone feels like it, they can have their entire top 10 made out of HD remasters. I don't give a fuck. ;)

It's not fair? It's irrelevant! Do you honestly believe, the top of the chart would look even the tiniest bit different, if players would've given the option to list 50 games? Nope. Not at all. Look at the flops list! Barely a game that was mentioned more than twice. That would be the same if you could list more than ten top games. And for what purpose? Yeah.

It's not fair to those who are unable to make up their minds. Who are indecisive and need their parents' assistance to make choices. I've already addressed those kinda people in the first post.

6 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I could do this after the poll was closed. It can be done in no time.

What does the community think?

Updated so far. This time I included the entire list.

Edited by Piano Reeves
Typos. It's all about typos. Call me Typo Reeves™.
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 2:13 AM, Piano Reeves said:

I could do this after the poll was closed. It can be done in no time.

What does the community think?

Updated so far. This time I included the entire list.

I actually like it the way you have it. The fact that a game like Dark Souls can be seen by so many (including myself) as the best game on the system, and yet by so many others as a bad game, is worthwhile info, if only to show that a lot of people played this game and cared about it. If you just cancel things out, you won't see this phenomenon.

It reminds me of the Beckett Hot and Cold player lists back in the day, where a player could top both lists simultaneously. That was probably a good sign that this player was THE big ticket topic (for better or worse) at that time. Jose Canseco, e.g., had this happen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It reminds me of the Beckett Hot and Cold player lists back in the day, where a player could top both lists simultaneously. That was probably a good sign that this player was THE big ticket topic (for better or worse) at that time. Jose Canseco, e.g., had this happen.

I have no clue who you're talking about but I appreciate your input. ?

Best:

01. Mass Effect

02. Dragon Age: Origins

03. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

04. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

05. The Last Of Us

06. Valkyria Chronicles

07. Disgaea D2

08. Heavy Rain

09. Sleeping Dogs

10. L.A. Noire

Worst:

01. Mugen Souls: Terrible, terrible game. One of the worst games I ever played.

02. Final Fantasy XIII: The worst FF game I ever played. From the battle system to the story, I hated everything about it. I never even bothered to play the game a seond time.

03. Resident Evil 6: This game had nothing to do with Horror, it was just an action game. I played a lot of RE games, this one was a low point.

04. Little Big Planet: I only got this due to the long PSN-Outage that made Sony give out free games. Off the uninteresting games offered for my region, I chose this one and WipEout HD, but I found it boring.

05. GTA IV: I played GTA, GTA II, GTA III, Vice City (My favorite) and San Andreas, but with IV, somehow I had enough of the franchise.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 10:12 AM, Piano Reeves said:

Here's the newest version of the complete list in alphabetical order. It gives a great overview of how much love and hate is spread amongst the games of a franchise. Call of Duty seems to be by far the most controversial franchise here.

Hide contents

01-10-201816-06-5801gar39.png

01-10-201816-06-5802jtrj8.png

01-10-201816-06-5803j2qw0.png

01-10-201816-06-5904ehp4l.png

This poll will be open for further 88 days. Place your votes if you already haven't. :)

You took 10 pts from my favorite game Saints Row The Third. Can you please fix that?

• Like 1

Top 10

1) The Last Of Us

2) Yakuza 3

3) Red Dead Redemption

4) Tomb Raider

5) Silent Hill: Homecoming

6) Sleeping Dogs

7) Hitman: Absolution

8) The Saboteur

9) Assassin's Creed: Revelations

10) Dead Space