The Fight Against The PS Plus Backlog

Haven't updated for a while because I was busy with Dad of Boi and Yakuza 6.

Anyone played Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? How is the motion control in this game? 

I can only play it on my PS3 because it's my friend's account but I heard Sixaxis is required. 

I still have my Dualshock 3 but all the buttons on the right side (:square: :triangle: :circle: :cross:, R1, R2) stopped responding, motion control still works (tested with Flowers) so if the control in this game is simple enough (doesn't require pressing any other button) I think I can just swap the controller at those parts.

18 hours ago, PliskinCobra said:

Haven't updated for a while because I was busy with Dad of Boi and Yakuza 6.

Anyone played Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? How is the motion control in this game? 

I can only play it on my PS3 because it's my friend's account but I heard Sixaxis is required. 

I still have my Dualshock 3 but all the buttons on the right side (:square: :triangle: :circle: :cross:, R1, R2) stopped responding, motion control still works (tested with Flowers) so if the control in this game is simple enough (doesn't require pressing any other button) I think I can just swap the controller at those parts.

The motion control in the game is only required for a few parts. Like the hacking missions and some mini games. I'm pretty sure there's a mini game though that requires use of the buttons and motion control. I think you can pause during it and would be able to swap controllers. 

On 3/28/2018 at 4:48 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Syberia Collection is done. Syberia 2 suffers from the same problems as the first one but not to the same extent. I don't know if I had a brain fart or the puzzles were harder but I just couldn't figure out some of them without help eventhough the answers were right in front of me. Well the story is over (there's Syberia 3 but I read it's a different "chapter"). I think they're worth a rent or PS+ but not much more.

They're old PC games from 2002/04 lmao

Well, I know 1 was on Xbox as well, but I dunno if it had any version changes...

No one really seems to talk about them since they were re-released, and 3 came out. I guess nostalgia was strong.

2 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

I just want to say to the people who haven’t played Hue yet:

Its short, easy even if you don’t use a guide, and I had a ton of fun with it. It would be a great game to clear off your backlog.

I second this, I really enjoyed it when I played (before this event), and I got 100% with no guide, the game tells you how many collectibles you're missing from each area, and they're all obvious where they'll be when you go through the levels again.

Definitely worth playing, whether for this event or just for fun

• Like 3

Finished some more games:

Eat Them!

Papo & Yo

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Hitman: Absolution

Among these I really enjoyed Deadly Premonition and Hitman: Absolution .

The control in Deadly Premonition is awful, the graphic is PS2 level, frame rate is choppy but the story and the characters totally made up for it.

Hitman: Absolution doesn't play like traditional Hitman games but more linear and story-focused, that's probably why I enjoyed it more.

My next game will probably be Sly Cooper Thieves in Times, but I need to finish Sly 3 first.

Finished up XBlaze Lost: Memories.

Got a bit confused at times about what's what in the story. It was my second VN but I'm still not a huge fan of them. I'll still try them if PS+ keeps offering them.

Next up is The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Would anybody like to vote on the game I should play after that from the following? (If not I'll use a random name picker :P)

Dragon's Crown

PES 14

Port Royale 3

Yakuza 5

------------------------------------------------

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 0:39 PM, mako-heart said:

They're old PC games from 2002/04 lmao

Well, I know 1 was on Xbox as well, but I dunno if it had any version changes...

No one really seems to talk about them since they were re-released, and 3 came out. I guess nostalgia was strong.

I didn't know they were ports till I actually played them. Also there's a PS Community for Syberia (3). So I guess there are some fans out there. :D

-------------------------------------------------

@PliskinCobra: Damn, you just shot right past me with the most number of games completed. BTW I agree with everything you said about Deadly Premonition. It became one of my favorite games after playing it.

15 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Would anybody like to vote on the game I should play after that from the following? (If not I'll use a random name picker :P)

Dragon's Crown

PES 14

Port Royale 3

Yakuza 5

Play Dragon's Crown.

Reason: it needs a fuckton of playthroughs for Plat. BUT since the PS4 version just came out, the community will be active and give you a headstart. I would aim to beat it with at least 2 characters.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Finished up XBlaze Lost: Memories.

Got a bit confused at times about what's what in the story. It was my second VN but I'm still not a huge fan of them. I'll still try them if PS+ keeps offering them.

Next up is The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Dragon's Crown

PES 14

Port Royale 3

Yakuza 5

It's not that impressive because a lot of games I completed are easy and quick games :D

XBlade is not a good VN (or so I heard because I haven't played it myself) but it's a sequel of another game and linked to BlazBlue story which is a huge mess.

For the 4 games, I can only comment about Dragon's Crown and Yakuza 5 and I would recommend Dragon's Crown for the online community

You played Yakuza 4 so I think you already know what to expect, and it's even more time consuming this time because you will need to 100% everything. Do you like 4 enough to start 5.

Dragon's Crown is another huge and repetitive grind but at least you can co-op with others.

5 hours ago, PliskinCobra said:

You played Yakuza 4 so I think you already know what to expect, and it's even more time consuming this time because you will need to 100% everything. Do you like 4 enough to start 5.

Dragon's Crown is another huge and repetitive grind but at least you can co-op with others.

Yup, I loved Y4. Also got Dead Souls and Kiwami (yet to be played) and want to get the rest on PS4 so I'm definitely a fan of the Yakuza series. Guess I'll chalk it up as DC: 2 / Y5 : 1 as votes for now.

Completed The Book of Unwritted Tales 2.

I think it was one of the best point-and-click games I played so far. It was quite long too, definitely longer than I expected. A lot of prep work and item collection goes into solving a puzzle and constantly have to revisit all places in the same area for new things to progress. Lots of easter eggs and references and good humor too. The little mage (Wilbur) who wants to help everyone but lost his way reminds me of a similar little mage (Vivi). :P

It doesn't exactly have a happy ending, plus it ends with a cliffhanger. Not sure if we'll ever get a part 3, but this one stands on its own and not necessary to play the first (PC).

I won't mind double dipping sometime later however as I have the game on PS4 form Humble Bundle.

Ok, now on to Dragon's Crown. This gonna take me a while so I won't have a progress update for some time. Unless I play a quick PS4 game from my list.

I've also signed up for the Summer Backlog Challenge with non-plus games. Mainly to tackle Just Cause 2 before I get to JC3 on here. Oh and I've been thinking and I definitely won't be able to finish all my games but I'll do what I can. -_-

Progress: 14/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.png

• Like 1

Just finished with Level 22. It was more of procrastination than anything else stopping that one. Gonna update my list today too:

Completed

• Hue
  • Level 22
  • Broken Sword 5 Pt 1
  • Broken Sword 5 Pt 2

Adding:

• Squares
  • We Are Doomed
  • Laser Disco Defenders
  • Type: Rider
  • 10 Second Ninja X
  • Curses’n’Chaos
  • Lumo
  • Ninja Senki DX
  • TorqueL
  • Titan Souls
  • Azkend 2
  • Like 1

Forgot to update here, but I've completed Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Just Cause 3 and This War of Mine: The Little Ones. Yay!

I really enjoyed all 3, and would highly recommend Just Cause 3 if you're in the mood for mindless destruction, it's just so fun to zip around the world with your tether and wingsuit and blow everything up. Story was meh, but it's irrelevant, the fun is in blowing things up.  Challenges were fun at first, but there was just too many and they became a chore after a while.  Also would highly recommend at least the Bavarium Sea Heist DLC if you can afford it, purely for the joy of the rocket boat and the lightning gun. They're so much fun to use!

Deus Ex was alright, probably better if you'd played previous games in the series, but it's a decent game.  Story wasn't anything spectacular, but enough to keep me interested. I actually enjoyed Breach for the first while, even though everyone hates it, but if you do it all in one go it does become a drag. Trophies for this game can go die in a hole though, they are not player-friendly at all.

And This War of Mine was a bit different from anything I've played. I thought I'd be dreadful at it 'cause I suck at time management style things, and also survival sims, but it was actually fine. Getting the trophies kinda sucks the fun out of the game since you have to do some things you'd normally try to avoid, but it was very enjoyable to do a blind playthrough on before working on the trophies.

• Like 1

Just so I can remember what I have completed overall so far this year.

(PS3) Monster Jam: Battlegrounds - Completed 04/01/18

(PS4) Xeodrifter - Completed 04/01/18

(PS3) Guacamelee! - Completed 07/01/18

(PS3) XBlaze: Lost Memories - Completed 15/01/18

(PS4) Ultratron - Completed 04/02/18

(PS4) Titan Attacks! - Completed 09/02/18

(PS3) Puppeteer™ - Completed 22/03/18

(PS3) Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Completed 09/04/18

On 5/31/2018 at 2:13 PM, beerwego said:

On 6/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, DizzyDavidson said:

On 6/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, cerafinn said:

On 6/7/2018 at 4:21 AM, Kristycism said:

On 6/7/2018 at 3:53 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Congrats everyone! Updated~

Managed to complete Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time with my half-dead Dualshock 3 ?

Now my main focus is on Persona 5, I also need to go back to finish Trail of Cold Steel on Vita. Both are very lengthy JRPG so I will probably put on hold the PS+ games for a while.

Will play other games in between but at the moment I don't have anything in mind yet.

That’s funny, my PS3 and PS4 controllers are also acting up. I had to switch to newer ones. When I played Dead Rising 2 Off The Record my character wouldn’t run (just walk) and now on PS3 my cursor is moving on it’s own while playing Dragon’s Crown. My PS3 controller is from 2009-10 (so it’s time for a change) but my PS4 is only a few years old.

Speaking of Dragon’s Crown, it’s coming along nicely but slowly. A couple of things were a little confusing but I think once I’m done with the quests and my first run it should pick up a bit since I don’t have to focus on so many things. Also playing a couple of other games so DC doesn’t wear me out too much.

With my completion of Abzu the other day for Summer Camp, I have now 5 completed titles.

Completed:

Gone Home

Batman Telltale

Grim Fandango

Claire

Abzu

King Oddball

In Progress:

Mad Max: 11%

Furmins: 03%

Backlog

Spoiler