The Fight Against The PS Plus Backlog

Just finished the mustache world of King Oddball. One level on the first section took forever, there is a reason online that one is called the tower of pain. Once I got through that one the rest took me maybe an hour and a half to complete. Now all that is left are the diamond levels. I am sitting at 83/ 130 complete. I have 13 hours left in my 24 hour shift to probably get the rest tonight.

Correction, King Oddball is now complete. Making my 6th game I believe. I am glad this grind is now over. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Done with Dragon's Crown. Yeah I cheesed the other chars (managed to get some lvl 150-160 bones) because I got a bit bored of doing the same 9 stages a gazillion times. Still with my first char it was a blast (can't believe I almost passed on this game twice) and got to experience the others while seeing their potential. Also I'm not a big fan of MP but this one rocked.

I'm not sure what's next for me. I just started Just Cause 2 so I want to focus a little bit on that. Maybe dabble into PES 14 in honor of the World Cup (although I'm not a huge soccer fan but it's been 15 years since I played a soccer game :P) and/or move onto my PS4 games. I think I can play through another 10 games at least this year now that we've reached the end of the first half having done 15.

Progress: 15/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.png

Edited by DizzyDavidson

Christ, I'm finally playing PS3 Syberia 1 and it controls so horribly. I wish I never paid for it before it was on PS+. I was hoping to replay 1 for a refresher before 2, and thought it might be nice to get trophies instead of Steam achievements... but yeah. Regret.

Completed Bound, Darksiders II,  Stories: The Path of Destinies and Uncanny Valley

Would highly recommend Darksiders II to anyone who liked the old Zelda games, I really enjoyed my time with that game, and as soon as I finished I bought the first game :P

The others, not so much. Bound was kinda dull and repetitive, same for Stories. Uncanny Valley was just plain boring (but very fast to 100% so at least the mental pain doesn't last long).

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently completed a PS Plus backlog game and I have done a little overhaul of my backlog list on Page 3.

Games completed (including DLC):

• Assassin's Creed III
  • Broken Age
  • RiME
  • Truck Racer
  • Zero Time Dilemma

Hopefully I can tick a few more off. Keep up the good work everyone.

Edited by The Bargain Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since did something for this challenge, so I knocked out Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

I thought the story was really good and the soundtrack too. Did a blind run first but haven't managed to get any trophies other than just pretty much reaching the end. :lol:

Then 100% story and cleanup. I guess my only gripe with the game is the walking speed (even with R2) but nobody likes that.

Got a bit of vacation coming up and F1 2018 comes out on the 24th. I would like to get 2 more plats before F1 (preferably something from my list here). Also bought a Vita so maybe for next year I can do my PS+ games for that too.

Progress: 16/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.pngS0f0efa.png

On 8/7/2018 at 3:36 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

Sorry I didn't join up. Is there going to be another event like this someday? I have a few games I would like to get rid of... :)

Nothing is stopping you from just making your own list and doing your best to complete it, ya know ;) Lol, I'm sure we'll do another one, the event seems to be fairly popular~

With that said, everyone up to this point has had their lists updated!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Amnesia Collection.

It was so-so. There were times I enjoyed playing it, other times not so much. The Dark Descent was prolly the best of the three. Some people say it was one of the scariest games back in its day. I dunno, didn't find it that scary... sometimes just rather annoying. I did play it alone in the dark (giggity) but no headset as I don't like to use them unless I'm chatting with someone.

Well, F1 2018 is out this Friday. Figured I'd start one more game before that and just finish up before popping the plat for F1.

Progress: 17/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.pngS0f0efa.pngS726fa7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Life Is Strange is done. Wow, what a rollercoaster. Really enjoyed the game, but the soundtrack was crap. It's really not my taste, lol, sorry.

Anyway, my main focus now is F1 2018. From my list I also started PES 14 and might boot up Sky Force Anniversary soon as I've been wanting to play it for a while.

Hopefully I can do majority of these before Valkyria Chronicles 4 hits, it's only 2 weeks away. :D

Progress: 18/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.pngS0f0efa.pngS726fa7.pngS1628ef.png

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I've updated the thread! Also I actually got a plat too: Heavy Rain! Was a mixed bag for sure, but it's at least worth a look.

Anyway, I'm considering dropping the people who signed up for this event and haven't talked since. There are at least five people who didn't finish a single game, and one hasn't even given me a list. What are your opinions on this? If I drop them I plan to reopen sign ups so that others who plan to participate can do just that :)

On 9/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Hey Dizzy, I'm missing one of your games but I can't tell which one it is with the icon layout. Can you list the games you've completed? :)

28 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Hey Dizzy, I'm missing one of your games but I can't tell which one it is with the icon layout. Can you list the games you've completed? :)

Seems to me like you got all of them. I'll put it in a spoiler tag next time but here are my completed games (I always update my original post with the completion date and stuff also):

PS3

1. Alien Rage
  2. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
  3. Blood Knights
  4. Dragon's Crown
  5. From Dust
  6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  7. Sacred 3
  8. Syberia 1
  9. Syberia 2
  10. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  11. XBlaze Lost: Memories

PS4

1. Amnesia Collection
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series
  3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  4. Everybody's Gone to The Rapture
  5. Life is Strange
  6. PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness
  7. Uncanny Valley

As for dropping people and reopening sign ups: Well this is your show but someone who's not completed a game/made progress since the start has pretty much dropped this event I believe. I also think someone who hasn't even given you a list is not considered signed up officially. Sorry don't mean to be a jerk.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

As for dropping people and reopening sign ups: Well this is your show but someone who's not completed a game/made progress since the start has pretty much dropped this event I believe. I also think someone who hasn't even given you a list is not considered signed up officially. Sorry don't mean to be a jerk.

I don't think that's being a jerk at all! You make some very good points and I'm thinking I agree with you, anyway.

If anyone else has an opinion, I'd love to know~

Finished PES 14. Let me just tell you I would have been lost without a guide. Don't know much about soccer/football leagues and what would have been required for the trophies so that was a big help. The game is quite easy, I definitely played more games than required (kind of enjoyed it in the beginning) but then it got boring especially with the "sim-ing".

Work is a bit slow right now so I got some extra free time. I think I'll be able to finish Sky Force Anniversary and play VC4 demo (to get an early start) before I pick up the full game (VC4).

Progress: 19/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.pngS0f0efa.pngS726fa7.pngS1628ef.pngSf9790a.png

PS3
  1. Alien Rage
  3. Blood Knights
  4. Dragon's Crown
  5. From Dust
  6. PES 2014
  7. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  8. Sacred 3
  9. Syberia 1
  10. Syberia 2
  11. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  12. XBlaze Lost: Memories

PS4

1. Amnesia Collection
  5. Life is Strange
  7. Uncanny Valley

Sorry about the double post but Sky Force is also done. It went really quick, lol. This was a lot of fun and RNG was on my side. I was only missing 2 cards by the time I was done with everything and within a few runs I got those two. Actually I wanted to play Sky Force for some time now. It reminded me of my childhood days. When I was a kid at my local ice cream shop they had this arcade cabinet with one of these bullet hell games. Oddly enough I never got to play it and haven't played much of this genre in my life. :lol:

Progress: 20/39

S64c88b.pngS987ee7.pngS238a7c.pngS78a4de.pngS57934d.pngS0fbcd3.pngS4404ce.pngSa79141.pngS10b646.pngS172c0f.pngS1e04d7.pngScc95b2.pngS8ea4b6.pngS051177.pngS5fe28a.pngS0f0efa.pngS726fa7.pngS1628ef.pngSf9790a.pngS0da07c.png

PS3

1. Alien Rage
  3. Blood Knights
  4. Dragon's Crown
  5. From Dust
  6. PES 2014
  7. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  8. Sacred 3
  9. Syberia 1
  10. Syberia 2
  11. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  12. XBlaze Lost: Memories

PS4

1. Amnesia Collection
  5. Life is Strange
  7. Sky Force Anniversary
  8. Uncanny Valley

Edited by DizzyDavidson

• 2 weeks later...

Update time..... 

Saints Row Gat Outta Hell is done

Good game but not as much fun as 3 and 3 glitchy trophies didn't help its case. Let's Bounce being particularly painful after I landed on 9 cars and still didn't get the trophy. 

Will grab IV next time it's on sale so still enjoying this series.