The Fight Against The PS Plus Backlog

Haven't been able to make any progress because there are few things that I want to achieve at the beginning of the year

- Finished all RDR online trophies: Done
- 100% Yakuza Dead Souls, the last Yakuza game on PS3 before Yakuza 6 comes out in March: Just finished one playthrough, will take a break playing other games (could be PS+ games) before jumping back in.

My friend's PS+ expires in June and he subbed much earlier than me but he hardly play console nowadays so I'm thinking of going through his list pick up some games that I don't have to play first.

• Like 1

Well, I finished up Uncanny Valley and it wasn't really my cup of tea. I like games with dark stories but the game play just wasn't fun. I agree that the text was really hard to read too. I mean I think the game is supposed to be left up to interpretation, but even so I think it's got too loose of a story to be enjoyable. I'm just glad it was quick to get through. Don't know what I'll be working on next.

1 hour ago, marshmeowlo said:

Well, I finished up Uncanny Valley and it wasn't really my cup of tea. I like games with dark stories but the game play just wasn't fun. I agree that the text was really hard to read too. I mean I think the game is supposed to be left up to interpretation, but even so I think it's got too loose of a story to be enjoyable. I'm just glad it was quick to get through. Don't know what I'll be working on next.

You've been edited~ It seems like an easy 100% but I'm sad to hear it's not that great :( I hope the next one you complete is more fun!

Ohhhh sign me up!! My PSPlus backlog is something I'm constantly thinking about clearing, this might help my motivation with it!

I signed up for PSPlus on another account originally, but I want it moved to my current account when the other subscription runs out (no point paying for two subs), which I think is the end of July. So I need to clear the games by then.

Here's my list (22 plats and 11 100%s):

Spoiler

Platinums

• Bound
  • Color Guardians
  • Darksiders II
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Downwell
  • Dungeon Punks
  • Forma.8
  • Invisible Inc.
  • Just Cause 3
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Lumo
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Spy Chameleon
  • Starwhal
  • Stories: The Path of Destinies
  • Tearaway: Unfolded
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones
  • Titan Souls
  • Tricky Towers

100%s

• Azkend 2
  • Don't Die Mr. Robot
  • Hyper Void
  • Neon Chrome
  • Ninja Senki DX
  • Not A Hero
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • TorqueL
  • Uncanny Valley
  • We Are Doomed

I doubt I'll get even close to finishing them all by July but I'll see how many I can manage! Ones in italics are ones I'm prioritising - which is 9 plats.

And there's some (like Worms and Kung-Fu Panda, no thanks) that are in my library but I will not even be opening up never mind completing :P

• Like 1

Been making some good progress on Infamous Second Son :)  Got the good playthrough done and also used it as a good opportunity to clear out everything on the map so I can focus more on the story during my evil playthrough.

70% of the trophies done, with just 14 I believe yet to gain.  Hopefully will be able to wrap it up by the end of the weekend.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Been making some good progress on Infamous Second Son :)  Got the good playthrough done and also used it as a good opportunity to clear out everything on the map so I can focus more on the story during my evil playthrough.

70% of the trophies done, with just 14 I believe yet to gain.  Hopefully will be able to wrap it up by the end of the weekend.

Glad to hear you're making progress~ How do you enjoy Second Son? I've never played an Infamous game, so I'm rather curious.

Just finished the first game off my PS+ backlog which was Dungeon Punks. It wasn’t a long or very hard plat. The first playthrough was pretty fun though you needed to get uograding weapons to be able to take on each new dungeon. The NG+ playthrough wasn’t fun at all as it was just one big grindfest. Weapons and shields can only be dropped from enemies and although they are dropped relatively frequently I went long periods with my main character being up to 10 levels above what my weapon level was which made things harder than necessary. Tomorrow I’ll be starting Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands which has a much easier trophy list than the HD Trilogy does.

7 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Glad to hear you're making progress~ How do you enjoy Second Son? I've never played an Infamous game, so I'm rather curious.

It's alright, I think I preferred the original PS3 games though.  Feels like this is lacking on the story side and has a lot of filler content.  I'm not really a fan of the main protagonist either.

I finished up Hue and it was an alright game. I'm pretty neutral about it. I've never been a big fan of puzzle platformers though so that probably influences my opinion too. The puzzles weren't too bad until the last world. The final puzzle had me so frustrated because of a bug in the game. There's these blocks that slam down when you run under them like Thwomps in Mario and for some reason the one I needed to slam down just wouldn't when I'd run under it and this happened over and over again. I don't know what triggered it and there was no way to reset it except for dying. And even after dying it would still not slam down. 

• Like 1

Finished my second game (Infamous Second Son) just now, so another one off the list :)

1.  Uncanny Valley

2.  Hue

3.  XBlaze Lost: Memories    Completed 12th January 2018

4.  This War of Mine: The Little Ones

5.  Stories: The Path of Destinies

6.  Journey

7.  Infamous Second Son  Completed 29th January 2018

8.  Darksiders 2

9.  Contrast

10.  Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

6 minutes ago, Chewy333-OShea said:

2nd Game done for me so that's my two TT games done Batman and Tales from the Borderlands. I really enjoyed the borderlands one and for anyone who has played the standard Borderlands games and likes Telltale this wont disappoint. 

Edited! I'm glad you liked TftBL, I think that one is probably my fave game from TT at this point~

Edited by ShakeNBake663

25 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Edited! I'm glad you liked TftBL, I think that one is probably my fave game from TT at this point~

i think i would have to agree with you @ShakeNBake663 it is also my fav so far plenty of random comedy (typical borderland style) and a really good story line. Im going to take your advice on the until dawn next i think (im sure you advised this).

With the new games announced I thought I may as well add them to my list, going to be picking up Knack, Rime and Grand Kingdom. I also picked up Psycho Pass as it became a cross buy in my region which is great

Completed: -4, Total: 67

Hide contents

Apotheion

Bound

Counterspy

Darksiders II

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dont Starve

Downwell

Dungeon Punks

Entwined

Ether One

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Fez

Forma 8

Gauntlet Slayer Edition

Grand Kingdom

Grim Fandango Remasterd

Hardware Rivals

Helldivers

Hohokum

Hotline Miami

Hyper Void

Injustice God's Among Us

Invisible Inc

Knack

Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Letter Quest Remastered

Limbo

Mercenary Kings

Metal Gear Solid V: THe Phantom Pain

Mousecraft

Nom Nom Galaxy

Nova 111

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'n' Tasty

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Pumped BMX+

Race the Sun

Rebel Galaxy

Resogun

Rime

Rocket league

Rogue Legacy

Secret Ponchos

Sky Force Anniversary

Sound Shapes

Sportsfriends

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

Steamworld Dig

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Styx Master of Shadows

Switch Galaxy Ultra

Table Top Racing: World Tour

The Binding of Isaac

The Swapper

The Unfinished Swan

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Tricky Towers

Trine 2: Complete Story

Tropico 5

Ultatron

Uncanny Valley

Valiant Hearts

Velocity 2X

We are Doomed

Worms Battlegrounds

Edited by Dessane

Just finished up Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness. I really liked this game. I started it with the intention of getting into the universe and watching the anime series, but it kind of backfired. The only characters I really liked were the original ones. Still, a good story though, and the numbers minigame was pretty fun. And overall enjoyable plat. I may take a break from my PS+ backlog for a couple games though. I've got a lot of games on my backlog to get through. x_x

On 1/7/2018 at 2:15 AM, eigen-space said:

Sign me up! I'm gonna list them all and also add to the list throughout the year with whatever I pick up xD
I've done a pretty good job of finishing up my PS+ games pretty quickly so I don't have too many in the backlog.

1. Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Jan 2018)
2. Uncanny Valley (Jan 2018)

3. Forma.8 (Dec 2017)
4. Syberia (Dec 2017)

5. Syberia 2 (Dec 2017)
6. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse Ep. 1 (Nov 2017)
7. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse Ep. 2 (Nov 2017)

I forgot to download Book of Unwritten Tales 2!  Thanks so much for reminding me!  :) 

I just finished up Journey and wow it was a magical experience. I think I got pretty lucky and on my first play through I ended up pretty much going through it all with the same person and got the Companion trophy. I think there's something really special about playing a game like Journey with other people anonymously and communicating through the pinging system. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 6:17 PM, Dessane said:

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

1 hour ago, marshmeowlo said:

You have all been edited... For better or worse :P

But seriously, it seems like progress has been made! I still have to complete a game, took a break so I could use one of my PS Plus games for the Love Boat event as well, and now that we are in February... Maybe I'll catch up to some of ya :D

• Like 2

Just now, ShakeNBake663 said:

You have all been edited... For better or worse :P

But seriously, it seems like progress has been made! I still have to complete a game, took a break so I could use one of my PS Plus games for the Love Boat event as well, and now that we are in February... Maybe I'll catch up to some of ya :D

I'm just biding my time, I swear

• Like 1

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands can now be crossed off my list as I have just platted it. The trophy list for this was much more forgiving than the HD Trilogy games as there was no trophy for a no death run or complete on x difficulty trophies that don’t stack. I did manage to miss 3 collectibles but they were half way through the game and skipping cut scenes, it only took me a couple of hours to reach them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the thread. I'm not a participant (and don't want to be, only because I'm bad about remembering what events I'm currently part of),but after reading this some time ago, I started a war against my backlog, and have platted Forma.8, Amnesia, Until Dawn and Truck Racer (in addition to adding new plats in January for Psycho-Pass and Batman, and 100%'ing Broken Sword Episode 1 and 2).

Good luck to everyone here.

I've edited my list a little bit :)  I've taken Uncanny Valley off as I no longer have interest to play it; and I have added on two of the new PS+ games for next month that I'm most interested in - Rime and Mugen Souls Z

1.  Uncanny Valley  Changed my mind about playing

2.  Hue

3.  XBlaze Lost: Memories    Completed 12th January 2018

4.  This War of Mine: The Little Ones

5.  Stories: The Path of Destinies

6.  Journey

7.  Infamous Second Son  Completed 29th January 2018

8.  Darksiders 2

9.  Contrast

10.  Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

11.  Rime

12.  Mugen Soul Z