The Fight Against The PS Plus Backlog

18 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

13 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Edited~

17 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m gonna have to gracefully bow out of this. My new working hours mean I just don’t have time to do stuff like this any time soon!

That's a bummer, but at least you are making some money! Good luck~

Edited by ShakeNBake663

I'm all for joining this. I've gotta get my backlog under control and attacking at the one source that added to it regularly is a good start.

Here's my list, which I'll probably add to as time goes on:

Spoiler
  • Xblaze Lost:Memories
  • Syberia
  • Syberia 2
  • Forma 8
  • Wanted Corp
  • Dungeon Punks
  • Hue
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • Downwell
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Level 22
  • Element4l
  • Don't Die Mr Robot
  • Spy Chameleon
  • Broken Sword 5 Pt 1
  • Broken Sword 5 Pt 2

On 2/2/2018 at 6:35 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks for the thread. I'm not a participant (and don't want to be, only because I'm bad about remembering what events I'm currently part of),but after reading this some time ago, I started a war against my backlog, and have platted Forma.8, Amnesia, Until Dawn and Truck Racer (in addition to adding new plats in January for Psycho-Pass and Batman, and 100%'ing Broken Sword Episode 1 and 2).

Good luck to everyone here.

you can hang out and be a bum like me

ugh... i think i just downloaded truck racer, but i didnt boot it up yet. i heard it was easy...

3 hours ago, mako-heart said:

you can hang out and be a bum like me

ugh... i think i just downloaded truck racer, but i didnt boot it up yet. i heard it was easy...

Truck Racer is actually pretty fun. Or, at least I thought so.

But you'll need help for online. I can self-boost on PS3, so that made things easy. But other than that, it plays remarkably well for a budget title about big ass trucks racing around ridiculously tight turns.

• Like 1

Finished Psycho-Pass, took longer than I thought it would. I believe this was my first VN. To be honest it's not something I'd pay for but I don't mind it being a PS+ title. I don't even buy TT games anymore soooo....

I mean I enjoyed the "game" and liked the characters, some endings were cool and the puzzle game was great too (I like puzzle/strat games). I just prefer something with a little more action. If I was (still) into anime I'd prolly watch it tho.

Anyways, next one is Deus Ex, haven't played much of it yet but now I can solely focus on it... well actually I have to revisit Warframe too sometime.

I'm not adding anything new to my list from Feb's lineup because I don't know if I want to play them. I'll still chuck some in my library just in case I change my mind.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

Got Hue completed today - it was a fun little puzzle/platformer (usually not a genre I'm a huge fan of, but I actually quite enjoyed it)

1.  Uncanny Valley  Changed my mind about playing

2.  Hue  Completed 5th February 2018

3.  XBlaze Lost: Memories    Completed 12th January 2018

4.  This War of Mine: The Little Ones

5.  Stories: The Path of Destinies

6.  Journey

7.  Infamous Second Son  Completed 29th January 2018

8.  Darksiders 2

9.  Contrast

10.  Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

11.  Rime

12.  Mugen Soul Z

• Like 1

I like this, it will force me to play some games I just got waiting there, Will put 6 of them to plat. 

- Unravel
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Infamous First Light (to finish the plat)
- Gravity Rush Remastered
- Doom
- Heavy Rain 

On top of that I'm still working on Crash Bandicoot and Dragon Ball FighterZ 
but would love to start some more games so I don't get to bored with the grind. 

Sorry for the wait, everyone. I was away from my computer for the weekend. But everyone up to this point has been updated!

And with that last entry, I have decided that signups are officially closed! There are quite a few of us already, so I think it's an appropriate time to close them :)

Completed Hue last night, like a lot of people seem to be doing. I enjoyed the game though the puzzles could have been a little more challenging at times. I also ran into that bug at the final stage, had to leave the room and come back to force the blocks to fall.

Dunno if I'll add any of the February games yet, I claimed them all like always but I'll see later if I want to actually play through any of them.

I finished Uncanny Valley which is sorta like Home which I enjoyed. It was a little frustrating at first trying to complete the Anarchy Man minigame. But the game was pretty straight forward and pretty easy. 

I also finished Syberia. This game reminds me so much of Myst. My parents had a copy which I tried to play once and I couldn’t understand it (I was pretty young at the time as I was playing PuttPutt also). Later I got the PS1 version and I wasn’t to fond of it then. So I’m not too excited to go through Syberia 2. But I will say I love the pre-rendered movies (it’s that 2000s look) and the over all automatron vibe. 

Now I’m currently working through Book of Unwritten Tales 2. 

Edited by scarishbal

On 2/7/2018 at 7:11 AM, Arctic Cress said:

On 2/7/2018 at 7:20 AM, StingX2 said:

On 2/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, scarishbal said:

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You have all been edited~ And a small announcement: I am thinking about making rewards for this event. And I am also thinking about ending this event on December 31st. Feel free to give opinions :D

• Like 1

Little progress update: Deus Ex is coming along nicely. Did a blind run first then a no kill/no alarm run on NG+. Next up is the clean up run, “I didn’t ask for this” run and finally Breach mode (that everyone seems to hate). Also got the season pass when it was on sale last month so I’ll be going for 100% in this game. Although I’m not sure when because I need 3 plats before March 31st (expiration date of my Sony Rewards points). One is Deus Ex, another is Project Cars 2 (thankfully online done but it’s not from my PS+ list) unless they offer a quick racing game next month. I’ll just have to pick one more quick plat from my list.

On 2/11/2018 at 1:29 AM, ShakeNBake663 said:

And a small announcement: I am thinking about making rewards for this event. And I am also thinking about ending this event on December 31st. Feel free to give opinions :D

I’m ok with both but I’m not really looking for rewards. Doing this event is rewarding enough for me. ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, piualan90 said:

You have been updated~

10 hours ago, StingX2 said:

I think ending it at Dec 31st is a good idea, dont let it go on for decades, could be a yearly event thing?

7 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I’m ok with both but I’m not really looking for rewards. Doing this event is rewarding enough for me. 1f61b.png

Thanks for your opinions, guys. It seems like this event is fairly liked, so making it yearly sounds good to me! As for rewards, I'm still thinking about it. Need to decide what they would even look like...

I finally platinumed Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and since I'm on my PS3 - I thought I would knock some games out.  I just downloaded Truck Racer, Handball, and Invizimals. I was looking at whats was already downloaded and I wanted to add 5 more games to my list -

PES 2014

Thief

Dishonored

Puppeter

GOW Ascension 

Some of these games have been on my Ps3 for two years but I'm going to need to make a lot of room for GOW.

I completed Titan Souls a few days ago but haven't been on PSNP forums since.

But yeah - one down, many to go!

If anyone else has this on their backlog....I'd probably advise removing it.  It's basically 15 hours of being mildly annoyed that you were a millisecond off on your timing, or one degree out on the angle you shot your arrow.  It's not as hard as it's made out to be (actually, not hard at all really), but it's very, very annoying.  Especially the no-death runs, which are either hours upon hours of being annoyed because you died close to the end, or hours of backing up/restoring your saves after every fight (I went for the latter).

I did really like the idea, and adored the art style. But the game itself was just annoying.  So yeah, would recommend against playing this one if you haven't started yet.

Also need to update my list to add this month's games, and remove Killing Floor 2 since I bought a copy so it doesn't need to be on the PSPlus list anymore.

Total is now 34 games, 1 completed.

Spoiler

Platinums

• Bound
  • Color Guardians
  • Darksiders II
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Downwell
  • Dungeon Punks
  • Forma.8
  • Grand Kingdoms
  • Invisible Inc.
  • Just Cause 3
  • Lumo
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • RiME
  • Spy Chameleon
  • Starwhal
  • Stories: The Path of Destinies
  • Tearaway: Unfolded
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones
  • Titan Souls
  • Tricky Towers

100%s

• Azkend 2
  • Don't Die Mr. Robot
  • Hyper Void
  • Neon Chrome
  • Ninja Senki DX
  • Not A Hero
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • TorqueL
  • Uncanny Valley
  • We Are Doomed

Monster Hunter is going to take up the rest of the month I think though, so doubt I'll get many more done until March, but then it's full steam ahead with clearing the backlog (I hope).

• Like 1

Rime completed today :D  

1.  Uncanny Valley  Changed my mind about playing

2.  Hue  Completed 5th February 2018

3.  XBlaze Lost: Memories    Completed 12th January 2018

4.  This War of Mine: The Little Ones

5.  Stories: The Path of Destinies

6.  Journey

7.  Infamous Second Son  Completed 29th January 2018

8.  Darksiders 2

9.  Contrast

10.  Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons