The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

Dead or Alive 5 and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. I don't like performing all the combos for both games because they are difficult for me to perform on the DS3 controller.  <_<  For DOA5 (original) I don't want to play 1,000 matches online. 

Edited by WinterHitman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (70% incl. DLCs,, could not for the life of me no matter how much i watched, understand how the hell GWENT works...... plus missable cards = ugh. i can do death march on NG+ no problem, its just figuring out Gwent first. no way am i doing 3 playthroughs without a platinum at the end of it)

Fallout 3 (missed a few bobbleheads, but have since rebought the game and plan to get the 20 bobbleheads and a nice plat, by end of Q2 2016)

Mass Effect 2 (Romance, not wanting to playthrough again)

Sound Shapes (have 4 levels left i think on death mode, just taking a long break. will plat by end of 2016. too many unlucky plays)

Far Cry 4 (throwing the rocks and playing online + doing the few trophies i need for plat is just tedious.)

Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm missing just one 1 trophy, "Sounds of the Battlefield". The trophy requires you collect all the ipod tracks, thing is I'm missing only one track and it's the one you unlock when you acquire all the end-game emblems. I'm missing 4 emblems which translate to 4 additional playtroughs on top of my initial 6. No... just no... I played that game enough already.

Street Fighter IV - the trials are just far too hard.  Didn't feel like playing 500 online matches.  No longer own the game anyway.

Super Street Fighter IV - trials are far too hard.  Can't be bothered ranking another 33 characters up to C rank online.  Can't beat Seth with certain characters.

Dead Or Alive 5 - 1,000 online matches is too much.  Legend-difficulty Arcade, Survival and Time Attack courses are horrendously difficult.

Worms Revolution - just can't seem to catch a lucky break on some of the missions.

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins - always have trouble maintaining the combos during the combat challenges.

Bulletstorm - online servers are closed.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - online servers are closed.

DoA5 Survival on the last 4 difficulties. I've tried so much, for days and days. Sad face :(

Street Fighter IV - the trials are just far too hard.  Didn't feel like playing 500 online matches.  No longer own the game anyway.

Super Street Fighter IV - trials are far too hard.  Can't be bothered ranking another 33 characters up to C rank online.  Can't beat Seth with certain characters.

Dead Or Alive 5 - 1,000 online matches is too much.  Legend-difficulty Arcade, Survival and Time Attack courses are horrendously difficult.

Worms Revolution - just can't seem to catch a lucky break on some of the missions.

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins - always have trouble maintaining the combos during the combat challenges.

Bulletstorm - online servers are closed.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - online servers are closed.

The 1000 matches can be boosted while sleeping ;) You can set it to auto restart match in 3 seconds.

Blitz the League 2 (88%) only missing the 6 online trophies, was trying to do this before servers closed but for some reason my main account would not connect to online even tho my subaccounts would. Tried for weeks to fix the problem, but no luck and now servers r closed. Sucks would have been my rariest plat.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (82%) only missing 2 trophies. Arcade and Survival have to be done in one sitting and for the life of me I can't seem to finish them.

I've got quite a few games just shy of the plat/100%... mostly I just haven't gone back to them yet.

But the one that kills me is MGS 4. I just don't have the patience for getting through the Big Boss playthrough.

One day though... one day.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - 78 percent completion. I can get the 4 remaining single player trophies easy enough but from what I've heard from people, multiplayer is a pain mostly due to time consumption, and some of the objectives seem too far out of the way for me to really bother. Shame, because I enjoyed this game and would of gotten the platinum months and months ago otherwise.

Red Dead Redemption - 51 percent completion. Easily one of my favorite games from last gen and I can get all of the single player trophies. Problem though is the hacked servers and a couple of the multiplayer trophies. No idea how I can get Posse Up, and one trophy requires an assist in a Gang Hideout. As for the DLC trophies, definitely won't be going for them. I guess there's a good reason why the platinum for this game is ultra rare.

Rayman Legends for the Vita

Could never get a Diamond cup in the challenges. Tried for days before I gave up. Its far from the last trophy I need but my failure just soured the game for me. I might go back one day and try again, but I have a massive backlog and I have to buy the game again, but its on my list to retry

Not the coolest game ever but Lego The Hobbit, i am 98% percent complete, missing the "someone to share in an adventure" trophy for playing a level in co-op. 

At the time i had the game i didn't have 2 controllers so it was impossible for me to get it. So unfair they would put this trophy in.

Rayman Legends for the Vita

Could never get a Diamond cup in the challenges. Tried for days before I gave up. Its far from the last trophy I need but my failure just soured the game for me. I might go back one day and try again, but I have a massive backlog and I have to buy the game again, but its on my list to retry

I'm not sure about the Vita version, but PS3 version for example required you to do online challenges for months. I personally got several diamond cups on PS3, but they were rare and far between, and I consider myself rather good at the game. I'd recommend just doing the best you can every day. You will get better at it, learn various techniques to boost you character's speed even further. Maybe you find some trick to beat some level. Many obstacles repeat, so once you get good at them, you can essentially always do well etc etc. It's a lot of practice, and you need to do the online challenges a lot anyways. I wouldn't give up after some few days. Took me several weeks before I got my first diamond cup! You can go check my trophy time stamps for how long I did the online challenges, but I only got like 3 diamond cups or something in that time.

Dark Souls 1: Knight's Honor. Trying to kill Sif 3 times, each one being more difficult than the last one sounds insane. 

I remember I did everything required for platinum in Dark Souls (without online help) in NG++ in 45 minutes, that means beating both Sif and getting to the black smith in Anor Londo. The one and only time I died was against Sif, and that was a stupid death with so much back tracking. :P Hardest thing about the plat IMO is the 4 Kings in NG+!

Edited by MMDE

GTA5 - Just can't bring myself to do the stunt jumps or the knife flights

FFX - That damned Chocobo Race is a thorn in my side. Took me forever to do it back on the ps2, made me want to rip my hair out. Just can't put myself through that again.

It's a shame too. Those are probably 2 of my favourite games. I'd love to have the platinums on my list.

Right now it's only

Gran Turismo 5. 4 trophies left, but two include the Red Bull X Challenge. I couldn't beat the bronze time so there's no point hoping for gold medaille in every race :(

But maybe i One Piece Pirate Warrior too, cuz i've need 5 coins for 100%. Altough i like this game it's really boring playing for more than 20 hours mission 11 in hope of a new coin :facepalm::D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm missing just one 1 trophy, "Sounds of the Battlefield". The trophy requires you collect all the ipod tracks, thing is I'm missing only one track and it's the one you unlock when you acquire all the end-game emblems. I'm missing 4 emblems which translate to 4 additional playtroughs on top of my initial 6. No... just no... I played that game enough already.

I know the pain on this, unfortunately you have to do a minimum of 8 playthroughs to get this bloody trophy. So will be a looooooong time coming for me also. That and completing it on Extreme with less than 5 saves, no kills, no alerts and not using more than 3 rations in the whole playthrough.

Mine will be "Rush Hour" in Dirt2, I will never find 7 people to play with the game and not DC. I don't even know i the servers are still open anyway.