The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

I know the pain on this, unfortunately you have to do a minimum of 8 playthroughs to get this bloody trophy. So will be a looooooong time coming for me also. That and completing it on Extreme with less than 5 saves, no kills, no alerts and not using more than 3 rations in the whole playthrough.

I know, already finished it on Extreme. No more than 3 rations? Wish I had known that sooner.

Call of Duty Ghost - Extinction is a real thorn

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - bug had occured

Max Payne 3 - Hard mode was hard enough cant imagine the New York Minute Hardcore

Prototype - last monster is tough

Need for Speed Hot pursuit - too much perfection

Godzilla- put off on the trophy requirements

Dead Space 2 - Hardcore mode has really broken my spirit after a frustrating 138 tries ( yes, I kept count of how many times I died). Ultimately, it became too much and with the unskippable cut scenes, I decided it wasn't worth continuing.

LittleBigPlanet - 'Create' is the last trophy I need and it is a multiplayer trophy. Getting people to like you and your levels is tough.

Assassin's creed Brotherhood - F**king multiplayer trophies. This game was the reason I hate them so much in the first place. Abstergo employee of the month is the last trophy I need and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get it.

Edited by GoodbyeBread

I usually look up the trophy list before starting a game and if it seems I wont be able to do it then I just enjoy the game and dont hunt for trophies, dont go looking for collectibles or play in a certain style like I liked and enjoyed Max Payne 3 but I knew I dont have the time nor the skill to do it so I just played through the story enjoyed the multiplayer and sitting on 22% but then there are instances I misjudged or was unfortunate :
Payday 2 : 5 trophies to plat, cant handle the grind to lvl100

Marvel vs Capcom 3 : 1 trophy to plat, cant handle those combo challenges 

Assassin creed III : 1 trophy to plat, last mission to obtain 100% completion glitched

Assassin Creed II : something glitched dont remember what sitting on 90%

COD Blops : 5 trophies all related to zombies

I usually look up the trophy list before starting a game and if it seems I wont be able to do it then I just enjoy the game and dont hunt for trophies, dont go looking for collectibles or play in a certain style like I liked and enjoyed Max Payne 3 but I knew I dont have the time nor the skill to do it so I just played through the story enjoyed the multiplayer and sitting on 22% but then there are instances I misjudged or was unfortunate :

Payday 2 : 5 trophies to plat, cant handle the grind to lvl100

Marvel vs Capcom 3 : 1 trophy to plat, cant handle those combo challenges

Assassin creed III : 1 trophy to plat, last mission to obtain 100% completion glitched

Assassin Creed II : something glitched dont remember what sitting on 90%

COD Blops : 5 trophies all related to zombies

ModNation Racers. I hope I eventually get it but it's getting harder and harder to find people who want to boost the XP series winner trophy. The only people who play that mode are experts so it's almost impossible to get legitimately.

Well when I get back to Modnation Racers,we could try boosting it.

Edited by DanteHellMode98

• 1 month later...

i have a few close to 100% but i cant do them as i don't own the games anymore or simply cant be asked to do them such as assassins creed 2, injustice gods among us, mortal kombat 9, most of the call of duty games i own, fifa 16 thanks to the glitched trophy i have that cant be unlocked, batman arkham asylum and a few others. i might go back and do some but at this moment in time i really cant be asked to go and download or buy the game again 

Killzone 2 - recently finished Elite difficulty and thought: why not go for the online trophies and the platinum? Well, I learned that with my current skills, the ribbons and 1% weekly leaderboard are just out of my reach. I can barely get 10 points per match, much less 1000+ per day with glitchy servers that don't always save your stats progress.

The Evil Within - Got stuck in chapter 4 in akumu mode, and I heard horror stories about chapter 6. Not gonna happen for me...

If Saints Row 4 "Where's My cape" glitch again on me, I'm not going to try for a third time. Can't afford wasting time with broken games.

Edited by JuniorF30

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 84%

I didn't get:

Freeflow Perfection - Silver

Freeflow Silver - Bronze

Freeflow Gold - Silver

Perfect Knight - Gold

The only thing to blame is the Combat Challenges

I'll give 'em a shot anyway. I won't get out of 2016 without the "Platinum Trophy" of this game.

Dragon's Crown and Dark Souls 2. I was aiming for the platinum in DC for quite some time, but I kind of just gave up, I got bored of all the grinding.

As for Dark Souls 2, I was planning on re-playing it for the platinum at some point, as with a lot of games, I got distracted by other titles, and ending up never returning to it. Maybe I will go back to it eventually, assuming Playstation Network on the PS3 hasn't been taken down by then; I did originally buy the first Dark Souls back in 2011, and I didn't get the platinum for it until 2014 I believe.

Hmmmm, hard to say. I rarely give up on platinums completely, so even the ones I mention might someday be done, if I suddenly get the energy and the oportunity to get them. For most of them it's highly unlikely though.

So if I'm to choose from my list it would be:

Killzone 3. Forgot about it after playing it a while, and never felt like returning, not with all the MP trophies left to do.

GTA IV: Only missing online. Might do this one, but online never really appealed to me, so not sure.

BF3: Never had a good oportnity to finish online and the coop missions, so it got left behind.

Killzone Shadow Fall: The online mode seriously put me off from this. Never doing it for sure.

Should also mention Call of Duty Ghosts. I really wish to finish this one, but never managed to get enough people, or finish the Extinction mode. ><

As you can probably see from my list, I do not much enjoy online trophies. They are my nemesis. Along with the river of death that is dlc, those are the bane of my completion rate existence. :P

On my other account Black Ops was the one that got away. I missed two zombie trophies, the pack-a-punch crossbow trophy and another one I cannot seem to remember. I tried with my brother and a friend of his, but we were not able to get far enough--one of us always fucked up--and they eventually lost interest and left.

• 2 weeks later...