The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

FFX because of the Chocobo game and the Lightning bolts. I suck at these kinds of mini games and got hit by almost every bolt. 200 was way out of the question for me. Blitzball was another.

KH 1.5- I barely managed normal mode let alone critical mode.

Tales of Zestiria- I could never get my head around the weapon skills system. Also, this game was so boring that I couldn't bring myself to go on. 

Tales of Symphonia- Needing 5 playthroughs without a scene skip feature is not worth 150+ hours needed for this plat. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Superbeat Xonic. I absolutely adore rhythm games that're done properly and I really like this one but holy fuck the difficulty curve flies up like crazy and I just cannot for the life of me get any further and get past points in the game where I have to get past to earn the platinum (in the end). So needless to say.. This is one platinum I wanted to go for but sadly enough will be missing out on.

Also - The Last of Us Remastered. I love this game as well but I just can't get through it on a higher difficulty. I'd love to get the platinum, but I'm so bad at this..

I never came across a Platinum I couldn't get if the game was boring or trash I stop playing it. I na go through getting the trophies if the game is utter trash, BUT...the only games force myself to platinum was Watchdog and Ultimate Tenkaichi never doing thoses again utter trash.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:45 AM, Deceptrox said:

As of now, Shadow of the Colossus. Colossi number 3 and 4 on hard time attack are trying my patience. I know the tactics and tricks, they just shake too much, I haven't given up on this plat yet, I will get it eventually.

this game for me, 3 and 15 were to much. this is a plat. i'd like to get after so much effort, i try excitedly sometimes, but when i try i lose motivation fast lol. 6 was an issue for me for a long time too, last time i got him, but kept trying 3 and was like meh.

9 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

this game for me, 3 and 15 were to much. this is a plat. i'd like to get after so much effort, i try excitedly sometimes, but when i try i lose motivation fast lol. 6 was an issue for me for a long time too, last time i got him, but kept trying 3 and was like meh.

It is not that I can't beat them in time, I know I can, I just used to lose patience quickly with those colossi back there. I played and was able to plat (recently) a couple of games that are more likely to make people rage quit, those two games helped me to have more patience when going for challenging games' plats/100%.

The shaking and attacking those colossi when they are shaking are your worst enemy. Now I know I can plat that game and I will as soon as I can.

Good luck on that game.

On 3/4/2017 at 9:09 AM, Squeaak said:

Life is Strange

I quit to the xmb when I took the last photo completely forgetting that there's a trophy for all optional photos taken in that episode....... and that has locked me out from getting the platinum. Whyyy does a trophy like that even exist.

I'm not understanding why that's preventing plat? Can't you just redo it?

I fail to see how anybody can get locked out of a trophy in Life is Strange. It's an extremely easy game, just follow a guide for those optional photos and you're golden.

Thankfully I don't have many games, if any, that I can't really get. I'm just too lazy to do any multiplayer boosting, I hate it with a passion and usually won't do it unless I absolutely have to.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - dead online, required to boost online trophies. Doubt I'll do them anytime soon.

Grand Theft Auto V - Since I missed out on my chance to transfer my character to the PS4 version and get the online trophies on there, I'm basically screwed. Unless I want to devote 300 - 400 hours of my life on online trophies, plus another 50 - 100 hours running around getting all the collectibles and optional objectives in the single player portion of the game. Yeah, do it TWICE if I want to stack. Hell no.

Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3) - mediocre Assassins Creed title in my opinion. Lackluster game with even more lackluster multiplayer because not too many people play the online anymore. I hear everybody say the multiplayer is a lot easier than it is on Brotherhood, but that doesn't mean you're not required to boost, which you most certainly will for those two DLC trophy packs that are multiplayer. Then there's The Lost Archives, Impress Warren Vidic was a serious pain in the neck to get. God awful walking simulator style game/minigame that has nothing to do with the genuine Assassins Creed gameplay we all know and love.

Edited by Spaz

On 26/08/2017 at 5:58 AM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I'm not understanding why that's preventing plat? Can't you just redo it?

I've replayed that episode about 5 different times, uninstalled the game, deleted my saves, taken all 50 photos from scratch, played the entire game again both in collectable mode and normally but still no ding. The trophy that's locking me out will only pop if you're missing a photo from that episode...which is not the case for me. I really wasn't thinking and just stupidly quit to the xmb right after Take optional photo #10 in Episode 2: Out of Time 

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It's the zombie trophies which seem like a drag. Not hard, just can't be bothered to rank up, unlock decent gear to endure, find all that stuff, etc etc. And I'm not particularly fond of zombie stuff in games.

I did enjoy the campaign. Only reason I bother buying a COD game.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, Merlarva said:

Gran Turismo 5 - 91%

Missing out on the GT5 plat cuz of the online, hurts. I would have loved to get this game's plat, despite the hard offline trophies.

Edited by Eraezr

On 8/26/2017 at 7:01 AM, Spaz said:

I fail to see how anybody can get locked out of a trophy in Life is Strange. It's an extremely easy game, just follow a guide for those optional photos and you're golden.

Thankfully I don't have many games, if any, that I can't really get. I'm just too lazy to do any multiplayer boosting, I hate it with a passion and usually won't do it unless I absolutely have to.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - dead online, required to boost online trophies. Doubt I'll do them anytime soon.

Grand Theft Auto V - Since I missed out on my chance to transfer my character to the PS4 version and get the online trophies on there, I'm basically screwed. Unless I want to devote 300 - 400 hours of my life on online trophies, plus another 50 - 100 hours running around getting all the collectibles and optional objectives in the single player portion of the game. Yeah, do it TWICE if I want to stack. Hell no.

Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3) - mediocre Assassins Creed title in my opinion. Lackluster game with even more lackluster multiplayer because not too many people play the online anymore. I hear everybody say the multiplayer is a lot easier than it is on Brotherhood, but that doesn't mean you're not required to boost, which you most certainly will for those two DLC trophy packs that are multiplayer. Then there's The Lost Archives, Impress Warren Vidic was a serious pain in the neck to get. God awful walking simulator style game/minigame that has nothing to do with the genuine Assassins Creed gameplay we all know and love.

I take it you stick with Single Player games only or games that have few multiplayer trophies, or am I missing something? Does the first Killzone have multiplayer? KZ2 is the painful one. I had no intention in starting it, I hated it. KZ3 is better. I would play it.

Edited by ee28max

Mad Max (91%): Missing one trophy for completing all Challanges. I got a glitch with the scrap camps, which means I'm one short of having them all for the Trohpy even though I had actually cleared them all. I actually loved the game, found it alot of fun but it took me 70 hours to get this far and doing the entire thing again for another shot at one trophy when I have such a huge backlog isn't looking very appealing.

The Elder Scroll Online (1%): The rarity of this plat is 0.11%. Huge huge grind, and some very difficult trophies mean I will never get this one ... I'm kinda annoyed I even earned a trophy in it to be honest I could have just deleted it from my list otherwise!

GTA V (10%): The online trophies put me off of ever finishing it, I think I got to level 48 or so in the MP but the grind was real 

Edited by tpepper1985

The first inFamous. That stupid stunt list kept getting me. I tried for hours to complete one of the very last stunts, but the controls of the game were much too sloppy for me to get the last stunt I needed without doing yet another playthrough of the game. Just a stupid trophy in my opinion.