The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

Since I'd gotten rid of my PS3 in 2010, a good portion of save data has been lost. Hence, you can understand why some are not in my radar at the moment.

Mass Effect 2 - 91% - Need to play on Insane difficulty; did everything else in a single play through.

God of War - 82% - Missing two trophies: Challenge of the Gods and the under five hours trophies. Obtainable in the past, but since, I no longer own the game nor do I have the save file.
Heavy Rain - 78% - Missing five.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - 74% - I want this platinum more than I want world peace; alas, I suck at fighters, and cannot beat Unlimited Ragna, nor do I have friends to boost the MP with.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - 70% - Lost save means that I have to recollect and re-play on max difficulty; I also would require a boosting crew to finish off what's left of the MP.

CounterStrike: GO - 69% - No friends; 'nuff said. xD

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 62% - Just need to grind out the rest; not really a problem.

Bioshock 2 - 58% - Almost completely MP rank based; I'd just prefer to try this again with friends, but no one wishes to play. xD

GTA IV, 90% - 2 trophies. Couldn't be arsed achieving the highest possible rank in multiplayer and winning all variations of multiplayer modes is glitched. That really pissed me off. I even joined up with a friend and we let each other win each mode; it glitched for both of us -_-

Resistance 2, 90% - 1 trophy. Achieve 10,000 kills in ranked matches? You've gotta be kidding me. I average about 10 kills per match if I'm lucky :P

Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm sitting at 71% right now. I could get another 2 or 3 (9 left) trophies but that's it. I really wanted this platinum but I suck at combo's, Beating the game on hard wasn't too difficult but there is no way I'll get through all the challenges. 

Duke Nukem Forever. I played it on easy to get the bulk of the trophies and get all the Ego Boosts. Problem is this game is too lousy and frustrating to warrant spending the time to beat it on Insane difficulty. Unless the DLC is free one month for PS+ subscribers I won't be doing that either. So in all likelyhood I'll be stuck at 67% with 9 trophies remaining. 

which are those 9 trophies in Arkham Asylum?

I remember i was stuck for 3 weeks on Arkham Asylum for 3 weeks because of a certain combat challenge -_-

Lets see, there's actually 10 I need:

Dark Knight (100%) Complete

Predator Silver (Achieve 16 medals on predator challenges)

Predator Gold (Achieve 24 medals on predator challenges)

Freeflow Bronze (Achieve 8 medals on combat challenges)

Freeflow Silver (Achieve 16 medals on combat challenges)

Freeflow Gold (Achieve 24 medals on combat challenges)

Freeflow Perfection (Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman's combat moves (any play mode))

Freeflow Combo 40 (Complete a combo of 40 moves (any play mode))

Mano-a-Mano (Defeat Titan henchman without using Batarangs (any play mode))

Party Pooper (KO all the henchmen celebrating your arrival at the party)

The last 2 aren't a problem, once I beat it on hard I started an easy playthrough to farm the rest of the trophies and I'll get these eventually. Freeflow  Combo 40 & Perfection I could probably get but for whatever reason I have a hell of a time getting my combo's above 15 before something screws it up. So i just don't see how I can get all the combat medals. 

Resistance 2, 90% - 1 trophy. Achieve 10,000 kills in ranked matches? You've gotta be kidding me. I average about 10 kills per match if I'm lucky :P

THIS! Oh. Em. Gee. I gave up on it 2 years ago since I suck royally at online MP, though I've improved over time and only suck a little bit now...decided to poke around recently but the servers are dead/matchmaking is fubar'ed, and when you can miraculously find a match, the players are maxed out and/or so good that I die constantly...your 10 kills surpass mine. :P As of now, I've got 68...only 9,932 to go. :blink: I realize you can boost with the DLC maps, but the thought of repeatedly headshotting a motionless opponent for several weeks in a row seems terribly dull.

Edit: forgot, actual trophy progress is 86% (3 trophies)

Also just recently gave Wipeout HD another spin after a 1 year absence, was at 75% and squeezed out all of them including the fury dlc EXCEPT elite campaign legend...so now at 92% (1 trophy). Again, improved quite a bit since then...originally had the first event cleared on elite and gave up, now I'm almost through the 5th but getting stuck on some races, I'm gonna keep trying but it's not looking good. Heh.

Edited by SuperUnDonny

I've none.

I'll try to get the plat/100% if I feel this game is OK.

I'll buy DLCs to complete 100%,

Only NG3 that I don't buy its DLCs becuase it's the worst NG series ever.

I'm fine with spending one hundred hours just for one damn bronze trophy.

I'm different tho. ^^

Edited by JKDdragonwithin

VANQUISH - 91%Tactical Challenger Challenge 6 is just too hard. Wave 4 was the problem here it would take me too long to complete, I had the first 3 down pat with ease but getting threw 4 required too much time and concentration so I threw the towel in. No way I could go back and do it now, I have lost all feel for the game.

Gran Turismo 5 - 89%Gold Standard Missing 1 of others but this is the reason I haven't gone for them, the Vettel challenge is just beyond my skill level.

LittleBigPlanet 2 - 97%25 Online Versus Wins and 50 Unique Players Didn't play online, put effort into my level but it just never got out there and struggled to get 5 plays let alone 50.

Batman: Arkham City - 97%Perfect Freeflow 2.0 Gave it a shot but lost the will to go for it after getting an 11 combo.

Any other games I either have plat or are several trophies of of it.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 81%

I only need two trophies till I get the plat, but since all the coin drop is way to random for me, I won't even start to really grind.

I know what you mean by that coin drop I tried for five hours straight and didn't get any new coins despite at the time requiring 30 more, I only need 12 now so I'll keep attempting as I should be able to get that platinum.

I'd say closest for me would have to be:

Dead or Alive 5 - Survival and 1,000 online matches are slowing me down here.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - I keep screwing up Valkenhayn and Makoto's trials which is making me delay going for the other trophies...

Atelier Rorona - I make the smallest mistakes at the worst times going for certain endings so I have done far too many playthroughs...

I know what you mean by that coin drop I tried for five hours straight and didn't get any new coins despite at the time requiring 30 more, I only need 12 now so I'll keep attempting as I should be able to get that platinum.

Good to know, I'm not the only one to have trouble with the coins. The main factor I don't see myself getting this plat, is mostly because I dn't enjoy grinding.

But best of luck to you, I really hope you will get it soon.

I'm starting to think I'll just never put in the hours needed to finish up on Far Cry 2. 

There's hardly any people playing it online anyway! i tried getting online trophies but it took ages to get to rank 10 never mind 50!

Edited by jmh4manu

nancy at tekken6 was ez try jack6 w tht air jump hover move u can kill her ez

Ninja Gaiden 3 still have ppl that play 1 of my friends is the whole time @ it

bout catherine i heard its easyr in pairs mode

& dead space 2 hardcore was ez w dlc javlin

VANQUISH - 91%Tactical Challenger Challenge 6 is just too hard. Wave 4 was the problem here it would take me too long to complete, I had the first 3 down pat with ease but getting threw 4 required too much time and concentration so I threw the towel in. No way I could go back and do it now, I have lost all feel for the game.

Damn I know the feeling, but just wait until you see what the last wave has to offer you: 9 Rolling Robots and 2 Bogeys, but thankfully after more than 2 years I finally platinumed the game. Yesterday to be exact.

Anyways, here is my list that I came close to getting the platinum:

Final Fantasy XIII 91% - Just need to get all weapons/accessories but I am pretty sure I sold 1 item which I shouldn't have, so now I may have to restart all over again.

Record of Agarest War 82% -  Get all titles (only missing all weapons/accessories title)s, and defeat all ancient gods, but the problem is that I have fought all areas in the Boundary Plane on Hard and yet I cannot seem to make Evil Dyshana appear in the BP after killing off everyone? anyone have any ideas?

Castle Crashers 90% - Just missing the 40 ranked wins, but I do not know if the servers will let me connect to another player or not. Can anyone help me with this?

Gundemonium Recollection 55% -  Missing 3 trophies. I cannot beat the game on Unlimited and Demonic difficulty since they are just too hard for me.

Mortal Kombat 61% - I don't mind the online stuff as I can maybe do it if I practice, but I do not want to waste the life span of my PS3 for gaining mastery of all fighters just yet.

Catherine 77% - Babel stages are ***ing insane! I can maybe get the first stage done with an additional controller, but the others are somewhat imnpossible for me. If only there was the possibility of getting online co-op.

DJ Hero 1 68% - Cannot master Expert difficulty with all songs. Just too hard.

DJ Hero 2 32% - Same as above.

There are more that I have in my collection, but these seem to be the hardest ones on my list.

Damn I know the feeling, but just wait until you see what the last wave has to offer you: 9 Rolling Robots and 2 Bogeys, but thankfully after more than 2 years I finally platinumed the game. Yesterday to be exact.

I have been to wave 5, it was just wave 4 made me give up because of the time it took to get through it (50%of total time), if I could've gotten through it as quick as the first 3 I would have done it, but it took me too long to get to wave 5 so I didn't get as many attempts at it as I would like and then I just felt I had, had enough. Would've been nice to plat one of my favourite PS3 games but it is not to be. 

Hot shots golf world invitational at 70%

Starring a level is easy, but I need to face every extra challenge to do that.Also getting a challenge crown from each course is insane.

I also cannot purchase every item, since the extra challenge give you a costume + plus extra color to buy.