The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

• 1 year later...

Grid 2 - Gone in 60 Seconds - Finish a lap in under 60 seconds in Chicago. At least 150 laps tried 1:00: 032 is my best

a couple of 100% as well

Texas Cheat Em'- Come Out and Play - Tried numerous times, different ways, no dice

Feeding Frenzy 2- Fast Food - Glitched on me twice

Rock Band Blitz - Precious Medal - I just don't have the skills

Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (didn't try too hard, but I've failed a few times at Eggman's game thus resulting in no Platinum for me), Dead Space 2 (didn't really give myself a sufficient chance honestly, I just tried once), Bulletstorm (game is a little too boring, especially after beating it, the online is mostly dead, and the online trophies require tedious boosting, which again barely has any people playing it, including boosters), and Final Fantasy XIII (thought I was ready to fully tackle a RPG at the time I bought this, but I was obviously wrong and heavily relied on the collections edition book, which I bought the same day, to get 80-85% as far as I currently am). Any other obtainable Platinum on my list has other reasons behind them that aren't necessarily related to having given up or just couldn't get it, such as Eat Lead (for example), which I simply sold the game (years ago) because my save data fucked up and I obviously didn't want to go through that boring ass story mode again.. on the hardest difficultly. 

Too lazy to go look & list percentages.

This forum is for the Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get, but came close too! Put the name of the game and how close you were to achieving Platinum. See if anyone can beat my painfully close list   -_-

Mine were are as follows: 

Jack 2 91% - 1 trophy

Jack 3 91% - 1 trophy

It's *Jak (and his second game is referred to as Jak *II but 2 isn't that big a deal for real), which I don't know how you spelled wrong if you looked at your trophy list before listing your games :|

Edited by BlueDiamond93

Grid 2 - Gone in 60 Seconds - Finish a lap in under 60 seconds in Chicago. At least 150 laps tried 1:00: 032 is my best

a couple of 100% as well

Texas Cheat Em'- Come Out and Play - Tried numerous times, different ways, no dice

Feeding Frenzy 2- Fast Food - Glitched on me twice

Rock Band Blitz - Precious Medal - I just don't have the skills

I think you're breaking too much, only a few corners need braking. The last two corners are really the deciders if you can or can't do it, keep replaying those until perfection :)

LittleBigPlanet - 1 trophy (beat every level without dying)

i actually enjoyed getting this trophy but I couldn't muster up the effort for the community trophies....

For me, it has to be Vanquish challenge 6 . Hours wasted on this and I came really close to beating this but never really did it Now my PS3 has nearly died, so I can't even try anymore.

Beating Zico in Wipeout HD. Could had gotten this but didn't try enough times.

Completing online campagin in Wipeout 2048. Its just so tedious....

Edited by Cha0s00789

Dirt 2 not Platinumable anymore

Bioshock 2 too many online trophies (people in online play are too scary)

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 same (and it's too hard to do the moves)

All of these are originally our little brother's games, but did our best the earn most trophies though :)

Close:

• Metal Gear Solid 4 - 1 trophy away from platinum (all emblems; took a break when I lost the list of what runs I had done, I've since re-found it so I plan to get back to this at some point - maybe when razza goes for plat #100 in it :P)
  • Buzz! The Ultimate Music Quiz - 3 trophies away from platinum (these are the trophies for getting x questions right without making too many errors or zero errors depending on which mode you pick for the trophies - they're rather difficult, especially the distorted song recognition; in any case, it's a game I borrowed from my sister so I'll have to wait and borrow it back later on)
  • Naughty Bear - 3 trophies away from platinum (took a break since it constantly freezing made plat cup runs annoying, then lost all my progress with my old PS3; do plan to re-do it all at some point)
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - 4 trophies away from platinum (gave up when me and my brother lost our saves and progress due to the co-op glitches that they couldn't even fix properly; I do plan to return to it some day though)
  • Dragon's Dogma - 4 trophies away from platinum (no real reason just didn't want to do a second playthrough so soon, will get back to it eventually)

And here are the actually impossible plats (servers closed):

• 2010 Fifa World Cup
  • NHL 10
  • NHL 2K10 (I think this one only had one online trophy left, too)
  • Overlord II

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has issues with Batman: Arkham Island. I am (and have been) 4 trophies away- the last 2 combat challenge trophies which would unlock the 100% which would unlock the platinum. I just suck at combos and one of the maps is with an electric floor that constantly instantly kills me.

I also just couldn't get even close on The Last Of Us (Currently at 1 percent). I completed Easy and did the glitch so I could go straight into Survival Plus... I was totally not ready for it and I got stuck in an impossible situation with Joel at the camp with the snow where he goes save Ellie. I tried restarting it, but then I lost all my supplies and couldn't even make it to the school gym. Finally, I thought I'll just clean up the trophies I could so I listened to all of Ellie's jokes, but I didn't give it enough time to register them.

The one platinum that I don't have but really want is Prototype. I'm only 2 trophies away which are Au and Pt. I've got gold medals for the Kill, War and Glide events but had a lot of trouble getting anywhere near gold medal times on the Movement events, let alone platinum times. Maybe one day I'll come back and give it ago but at least I got all the rest of the trophies in the game which took my completion rate slightly above what it was before I started playing it.

I had about 10 of games that I had for almost for 4 years and couldn't plat. (LittleBigPlanet, Mirror's Edge etc.) They seemed too impossible for me at the time. But, with patience (that means grinding), I mastered all of them. (Special thanks to PSNProfiles' Gaming Sessions for LBP  :D )

Now I just have ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD's 2 infamous trophies left. It is one of my favorite games of all time, but I just can't plat it.

48Sb430a4.png ROLE MODEL    Get all the Co-op bonuses in 1 session (Multiplayer Only).   9.07%   VERY RARE 40-bronze.png

50S73afcd.pngABSTERGO EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH    Get every single bonus at least once (Multiplayer Only).   5.69%     VERY RARE 40-bronze.png

^ F*CK THAT ONE!!

Edited by TR_RAPTOR