The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

This forum is for the Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get, but came close too! Put the name of the game and how close you were to achieving Platinum. See if anyone can beat my painfully close list   -_-

Mine were are as follows: Medal of Honour 97% - 1 trophy

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 92% - 4 trophies

Medal of Honour frontline 91% - 1 trophy

Jack 2 91% - 1 trophy

Jack 3 91% - 1 trophy

Call of duty Black ops 2 83% (With DLC) - 1 trophy

Check ma list.

I had about 10 of games that I had for almost for 4 years and couldn't plat. (LittleBigPlanet, Mirror's Edge etc.) They seemed too impossible for me at the time. But, with patience (that means grinding), I mastered all of them. (Special thanks to PSNProfiles' Gaming Sessions for LBP  :D )

Now I just have ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD's 2 infamous trophies left. It is one of my favorite games of all time, but I just can't plat it.

48Sb430a4.png ROLE MODEL    Get all the Co-op bonuses in 1 session (Multiplayer Only).   9.07%   [/size]VERY RARE 40-bronze.png

50S73afcd.pngABSTERGO EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH    Get every single bonus at least once (Multiplayer Only).   5.69%     [/size]VERY RARE 40-bronze.png

^ F*CK THAT ONE!!

Brotherhood was on my list for more than two years as well but that nagging empty shelf in my AC Trophy Cabinet finally pulled me back in. Took me all last week, and lots of late bedtimes, but finally got it! Fifth AC platinum!

You can do it! Getting to Level 50 is way worse than these two trophies. One boosting session and you got your platinum in an hour!

I only have 2 games that slipped away from me for awhile because i tend to drift off back into online shooters lol but im determined to get them done.

Dead Space %91, beating the game on the hardest difficulty

F1 2011 (Vita) %91, Achieving gold on all time trials. i just can't get used to the vita controls, let it be a racer on a ps3/ps4 and i would be fine.

Killzone 2.  Got all the weekly honor rank things which took forever, had every trophy for hard mode but beating the final boss on highest difficulty.  (Hard enough to do that).  Then my PS3 broke and I had to get it repaired, losing all my saves.  Making a hard trophy even more impossible, haha.

mine is midway arcade origins, just need 2 more then am done, but it's so hard for me I need to beat both championship sprint and super sprint beat 3 races in first place 

DON'T GIVE UP!!!

I too hated those trophies. I suck at racing games. But this was the game that was the impetus for my clean-up this year, and after a nontrivial amount of work, I got both of them on the same day.

Games that I would like to try to platinum one day that I'm close to...only giving "base game" percentages.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - 3 trophies. (Online trophies that I likely won't bother with.) - 94%

Dead Space - 1 trophy. I screwed up by not playing the game on Impossible my second time and locked it. Didn't find the game enjoyable enough to play 4 times in a row. - 91%

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - 2 trophies. I lagged so bad playing online, which I hate doing in general, that I gave up on that. 89%

Jak II and III - 2 trophies each. Didn't care for precursor orb collecting. 88% for each.

Dead Space 2 - 1 trophy. Didn't like the idea of limited saves on a game so I didn't go for it lol. 91%

Modern Warfare 3 - 2 trophies. Only game I really play with a friend and we haven't had a chance to get back to it. One day though. 96% 

Drakengard 3 (also known as Drag-on Dragoon 3 here on the site)

I think Drakengard 3 is the only game I set out to plat that I've actually put down because I quite literally can not beat the last boss. (it's actually the only game that I can recall not being able to even finish the story mode although I want to...) Maybe...maybe one day I will come back to it, but I doubt it. The last boss trophy is all I need to get so that the other 2 trophies become available for the plat.

While I originally set out to platinum FFX, I didn't enjoy the game at all. I wanted to see if I could push through it because I knew I could...but when one thing went wrong I said screw it lol. Rage sold the game and tbh I don't plan on going back to it. No particular trophy caused me to not be able to get the platinum (because grinding is not a problem for me) but the trophy for dodging 200 lightning strikes made me sell it.  :P

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

GT5

I have the no-longer-obtainable ones, so I have a chance to get this someday, but I need a better racing wheel to be able to gold the licenses (or even finish the other events :P)

Someday I will get it, but it hasn't been a priority for me, and I am okay with that. :)

Modern Warfare 2 (1 trophy away) Star 69, I got 64 stars in and my data crashed and I've never done it again

Modern Warefare 3 (2 trophies away) Tactician and Overachiever, I was honestly just about to get Tactician but at the same time as the MW2, I lost all my data.

God of War (3 trophies away) Honestly I could do this, easier than the other 2, first of all I could get to the 90 second section and do that easy, I missed out by like 1/2 second the first play through and the other thing is Jason McDonald thing, so that's hard but I can do it. Then the physical challenge but that'll be a do-able grind.

This is embarassing....Men In Black Alien Crisis. Final boss fight (Nethera I think). Just cannot get it down and end up with a ridiculously cheap death after about 20 mins of shooting. Tried it about 20 times until it was either turn off the ps3 or smash the controller and snap the disc. We all have our demons and this is mine! :blush: . (Any player that says there isn't any unobtainable plats is either a world class player or just talking bollocks since we all play different things and have different skill levels). 

*stares the window

It was a rainy day...

a friend gave me his God of War Ascenscion...i had all the other God of War's games completed...

*grabs cookie

i completed the game on hard and 1 more time i showed the gods how hard my atheist balls can be...

BUT THEN ! *smashes cookies

I had realised there was an online trophy and that i needed the online pass for it 

*tear falls on cookie's crisp...

DAMN IT YOU!

• Like 3

Mine is rather embarrassingly Puss in Boots lol xD I only need one more trophy which is to achieve a gold medal on every level which for some reason I just can not do!

Other close ones would be LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (3), Infamous (5), Cars 2 (6), LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (7) and Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (8)

It's not that it's a Platinum that's bothering me, it's that I can't get to that 100% for Uncharted 3 just because of the damn Co-op treasures purely by luck. Otherwise I'm just too lazy to platinum the Arkham games, but at least I platinumed my most favorite one being Arkham Asylum.