Questions about imported games

Zenpai

I purchased this game yesterday. Since I'm a bit of a newbie to imported games (the only other one I have is Digimon Adventure for the PSP) and this game has DLC, I wanted to ask the community some questions:

• I purchased the Asian version of the game. Which store will I have to purchase the DLC from? Will any Asian store (including the Japanese one) do? If so, which one do you recommend in terms of value-for-money, especially to a European customer (who lives in a country that has the Euro)?
  • Can I just use my regular credit card in a foreign PS Store? Or will I have to purchase foreign credit? If so, which would be the best place to get it from?
  • By buying the DLC from another account other than my main one will I be able to access it in my main account?

Thanks in advance!

1. You will have to use the same store (region) for the DLC, from which you bought the game. Lets say for the game Sleeping Dogs bought from the US store, it won't work with DLC bought from the EU store. I personally like the Japanese store over the Hong Kong store but it's all preference
2. I don't use creditcards so I have no experience with them. However, buying PSN cards for that store is always a nearly failsafe option

3. on PS4 the account has to be a master account to play all the games from that account for all others. I've never bought DLC with a different account than I bought the main game from, but it is always more safe to buy game/DLC with the same one. I did that with the humble bundle with a US account, I could play borderlands 2 + DLC on my EU account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

I think you can't, but with buy some PSN Card on playasia it can work

Once you buy them, you'll be able to use them immediately, right? I'm assuming they won't send a physical card to you (which wouldn't make much sense).

3 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Once you buy them, you'll be able to use them immediately, right? I'm assuming they won't send a physical card to you (which wouldn't make much sense).

Pretty sure they email you with the code shortly after buying it. Like Amazon does.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr_Skirra said:

3. on PS4 the account has to be a master account to play all the games from that account for all others. I've never bought DLC with a different account than I bought the main game from, but it is always more safe to buy game/DLC with the same one. I did that with the humble bundle with a US account, I could play borderlands 2 + DLC on my EU account.

Meaning that the foreign account has to have my PS4 console set up as the main console for that account, correct?

16 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Yeah immediate. And about the foreign account, I think you must download the game in the foreign account and after you can download in your main account, but I no really sure ? and for example if you buy a digital game in europe (your main account) and for whatever reason you get a physical copy of the same game with stack trophy (steins gate JP for example)  you can play it in your main account without a problem. 

I think Japan is different region from "Asia". Japanese store would probably have the DLC in Japanese and I have a hunch it would be incompatible with other than Japan region games. I have no idea which countries' stores are considered to be Asian region.

Does your game cover list any urls which would give any hint which store to download the DLC from? Or does the retailer's product info give any insight to this? Would be annoying to pay for DLC which wasn't compatible with the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I think Japan is different region from "Asia". Japanese store would probably have the DLC in Japanese and I have a hunch it would be incompatible with other than Japan region games. I have no idea which countries' stores are considered to be Asian region.

Does your game cover list any urls which would give any hint which store to download the DLC from? Or does the retailer's product info give any insight to this? Would be annoying to pay for DLC which wasn't compatible with the game.

Anyone here with experience on buying Asia region games? Which store should I use?

22 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Anyone here with experience on buying Asia region games? Which store should I use?

Asia versions usually work with Honk Kong account.

But afaik Asia is really global so as long as you don't have actual Japanese version, any other Asia store should work. Don't take this for granted, though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Asia versions usually work with Honk Kong account.

But afaik Asia is really global so as long as you don't have actual Japanese version, any other Asia store should work. Don't take this for granted, though.

I was thinking about doing that, thanks.

I considered getting a Japanese account just for all the exclusive games, but maybe a Hong Kong account will be better since I will try to get Asia region games as much as possible for their increased inclusion of English language option (and, well, because the store itself is in English XD).

Are there even any games that come out in Japan but don't have an Asian region version? As far as know, they all do.

5 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

No, it's HKD. You can get HK PSN cards here.

Thank you so very much.

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

While off-topic.. @jrdemr if adding money to the PT store, check if Play-asia.com has PT PSN cards, they are cheaper then the money they are worth (no conversion fee, at least I never had to pay).. that makes saving a bit when buying on psn for us!

Nope, no PT PSN cards. Spanish, German, and Italian, but not Portugal.

They have, but lately are always sold out..

https://www.play-asia.com/psn-card-20-eur-playstation-network-portugal/13/70a06n

https://www.play-asia.com/psn-card-50-eur-playstation-network-portugal/13/709z25

I don't really know how play-asia.com gets the cards that they sell, because I would expect that stuff to be unlimited and when I bought them they usually give us the code in the site (an email redirecting you to the code), and the place where they showed us the code sometimes has it in normal text, other times is a scan image of the code. Usually just takes 1-2 minutes for me to receive the codes.

• Like 1