So boring...

Kallume

(Possible spoilers)

Even before the main "story" was over, I was so bored. The skill trees made no sense. As soon as I unlocked what I wanted, the points meant nothing. The Carnen story line, oh man, was it terrible. First two quests to defeat a really cool enemy, then you have to cleanse totems for the next 5 quests? Ugh. Even the open world collectibles seemed very tiny for a game I'd expect to be bigger. Hell, I really don't care about a random dirty cup on the ground if the only reward is more damn skill points. Lastly, the arenas where you watch the AI play the game for you is neat the first 3 times you do it. But when I used it to buff up for the Shadow Wars, is was absolutely brutal.

/endrant 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:11 PM, Spaz said:

How are the Online Conquests?

A shame so many people are calling this game bad and disappointing. Thought Monolith was going to pick up on where they left off with Shadow of Mordor.

I had to do a couple of Online Conquests for the platinum. They pair your assault rating with the defense rating of the fortress. So I had a full team of level 60 epic/legendary orcs (and myself) go against a fortress with a couple of level 30 orcs... it was... very one-sided. It was a good idea, but when you do an online conquest, you attack a copy of someone's fortress; they don't get to be involved in the defense. Moreover, the only impact that they have is that they get a summary of who attacked them and they can retaliate... which would ultimately not impact me. Nothing online changes anything in your SP game. You can also do online pit fights where others can fight copies of your troops. The winner gets a couple of levels and the loser doesn't receive any penalty. It would be hilarious (and frustrating) if someone could actually kill all of your dominated troops.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 11:40 AM, Terrmis said:

I played both SoM and SoW extensively and I think SoW is a major step up compared to the previous title. Especially the new skill tree system, allowed me to personalize combat skills to my taste. 

But each one's entitled to their own opinion.

Gameplay was a step up, but some of the story beats didn't really sit well with me at first.  But, I can accept them as part of the game/movie verse and I'm LOVING the Blade of Galadriel dlc.

8 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

would it be worth getting for 40$?

I bought the gold edition upon release for $100... I typically think that for every dollar I spend, I should get 1 hour of gameplay. This doesn't hold true for games I am purely going for trophies with (My Name Is Mayo, for example). But for a triple-A game, I would expect a lot of content. SoW gave me about 25 hours of content and about 10 hours of conquest stuff for platinum. SoW: BoG gave me 2.5 hours of content and about 1.5 hours of trophy grind. So... I am looking at a $40 value of the game based on the hours invested.

TL;DR - Worth $40 yes.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 10:24 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Damn, I did mine in 5.5 hours and felt I was rushing it! xD

I took 12 hours on mine lol.  I fully upgraded every piece of gear and one of them took me several hours of terrible luck trying to get a drake to spawn though.  It should've been longer IMOP.

Agreed, longer would have been nice because after the first two Regions, wasn't really any character/story progression. Only reason it took me that long was grinding for 'Lawless'. Decent story at the end and I like how they left it open for a third installment years down the road story wise. Be interesting. Maybe like at the end of the 4th age or something.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Kallume said:

I bought the gold edition upon release for $100... I typically think that for every dollar I spend, I should get 1 hour of gameplay. This doesn't hold true for games I am purely going for trophies with (My Name Is Mayo, for example). But for a triple-A game, I would expect a lot of content. SoW gave me about 25 hours of content and about 10 hours of conquest stuff for platinum. SoW: BoG gave me 2.5 hours of content and about 1.5 hours of trophy grind. So... I am looking at a $40 value of the game based on the hours invested.

TL;DR - Worth $40 yes.

I got almost 60 hours in and barely at 70% completion (according to the game) with an additional 5.5 hours in for the DLC and all 10 of those trophies. I am definitely don't rush, I see an Orc I want, I grind to get the level needed to Dominate them. Collecting all the items, doing side quests, running online vendettas and upgrading my gear is a part of that. Got stuck on a Legendary 33 Orc I wanted but just couldn't beat. Had to really try several strategies to get him. I will easier put in a 100 hours total in the game for the Platinum and 100%. I also got the gold edition but wished I could have gotten the Mithril for the damn Drake vs. Balrog statue.