AlphaOmegaSid

PS3 Games You Will Never Platinum & Why

272 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

You, sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie!

Lol.. I’ll end up chipping at it slowly but I’m in no rush to boot that one up again

Bioshock 2 - beacuse nobody play multi anymore.

Red Dead Redemption - beacuse its pain to gather all folks to do multi and for some reason i cant find few location - it dont count for me.

Dead Sapce 2 - beacuse of reasons, who played then they knwe.

Many otheres beacuse of lack of time, i prefer platinum something what i love - played 7 times witcher 3 and have 2 platinums - than something i dont like that much. Those above game i like and love it, but still its too much pain to platinum them 😅

WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2007 - some careers gone wrong and I did it without any guide (only one golden trophy to plat, shieeet)

Gran Turismo 6 - many attempts, erased saves and broken HDD of console. (more percent than now I have on my previous account)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - rage quits, getting nervous with some broken stuff. It's safe to say that is not the game for me.

Skate 2 - Because the online servers are no longer available. 

Skate 3 - Because the online is on and off and is a more riskier game to put on my list and platinum. 

UFC Undisputed 3 - Online servers aren't available. 

Sacred 3 - I got through a fair amount of the game, but it seems a lot of co-op and grind is required. The platinum just seems like a big pain to get for an okay game.

There are many other games I don't like (see my list).

Black Ops 2 - Big Leagues

Army Of Two - 40th Day - Mask Creator 

Grand Theft Auto IV: I lack the willpower to max MP level

Burnout Paradise: I don't have a webcam which is needed for one of the trophies

The Last of Us: I lack the willpower to do the MP

1)God of War Ascension: Borrowed it from a friend and can't get Blood Boath trophy to achieve platinum (I need a code for multiplayer and I am not gonna buy it on ps store for 10$)

2)Resistance 2: Need multiplayer trophies but servers were shut down.

3)Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Same issue from #2

4)Killzone 2: Same issue from #2

I do love a thread focusing on the futility of all of this

Port Royale 3: The game's economy doesn't make any sense

Battlefield 3: I don't want to spend 100+ hours trying

Bulletstorm: Dead servers

Rock Band 2: I don't have any friends or talent

F1 2010: Don't have the game or the will to grind it

Catherine: Don't have the talent or the patience

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift: Dead servers

XCOM: Don't have the talent or the patience

Battlefield: Bad Company: Don't have the game or the patience

Binary Domain: Far too much hassle

FIFA 09, 10, 11: Dead servers

Rocksmith: My guitar is too cheap for it to properly register when I'm playing barre chords

Warhawk: Soon to be dead servers

Metal Gear Rising.

Assassins Creed 3

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Splatter house

Ghostbusters The Video Game - Online was pretty much dead when I started playing

Red Dead Redemption - Too much effort to get online trophies

God of War Ascension - Trials of Archimedes

Portal 2 - No one to play with online and servers are offline now

Split Second - Some of the time trial levels are too hard for me

ModNation Racers would've been my biggest one as I only needed the Series Winner trophy to get it but somehow I got lucky just days before the servers closed. I'd been working on that for 8 years.

1 hour ago, HMS_Victor said:

Ghostbusters The Video Game - Online was pretty much dead when I started playing

Red Dead Redemption - Too much effort to get online trophies

God of War Ascension - Trials of Archimedes

Portal 2 - No one to play with online and servers are offline now

Split Second - Some of the time trial levels are too hard for me

ModNation Racers would've been my biggest one as I only needed the Series Winner trophy to get it but somehow I got lucky just days before the servers closed. I'd been working on that for 8 years.

Archimedes trials are fair easy on Hard (if you know the tricks). Altough i used both fire and electrical elements (the special electric attacks works wonders against medusas).

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Add content

On 07/01/2018 at 6:51 PM, alanhoutman2 said:

Max Payne 3 -------> 60 hours of boring grinding. NO thanks.

Fifa 13 ------> Servers Closed

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -----> Glitched Trophy

Grand Theft Auto V ------> Glitched Trophy

Need for Speed: The Run -----> Glitched Trophy

Probably Killzone 2 & 3 ------> Servers closure on 31 march 2018.

So unfortunate all those PS3 games with server closures and glitched trophies. 1f613.png

How long atop, I got the Plat 2yrs ago for GTA V on Ps3. 

Edited by TW1STED__PSYCH0
Forgot to Specify which game I got the Plat for...

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift & Portal 2 for me, both due to server closures. Portal 2's dual steam connectivity issues didn't really help with that one.

Possibly a few others but those are the only two I know for sure I couldn't get even if I wanted to try at this stage.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2.  I think the difficulty spike is too much to handle.  I feel defeated before I even begin.

Gran Turismo 5 - server closure :(

Until I saw this thread I never even thought about this.. but I checked and that's kind of nice to see all those games that I will never platinum..

Games that I will never try to platinum:

1. Battlefield Bad Company - Online boost is beyond my capabilities. It would take me at least yeat to complete it, not thanks.

2. Beyond Two Souls - unless I will receive this game for free, there is no way that I will waste my money on that piece of shit game. I was barely able to get through it the first time... Not to mention all those endings. Might as well hide it.

Games like Super Meat Boy or Injustice, I Am Bread, I'm not afraid of their difficulty, I will do my best do finish them, I will only fail if it will be beyond my physical or mental abilities to finish them. That's why I enjoy harder games over the easier but with online boost needed. I can complete those hard games any time I want, no pressure.

Games with closed servers:

1. Bulletstorm - I did all offline trophies but I don't think that I will try to get Anarchy trophies even tho they are obtainable now (with some funky methods but still).

2. Crysis 2 -  I did offline trophies but the servers are going to shut down so no way to complete it, also not a big fan to boost it for so many hours.

3. Killzone 2 - I didn't have time to boost online trophies until servers were shut down.. I will complete offline trophies tho. Kind of sad because I have Kz 1, 3 and 3 MP, and I will platinum SF if they don't disable servers.

4. Wipeout HD - I'm not sure about this one, because I managed to boost online trophies a few days or maybe weeks before my PS3 broke. So I would have to fix it in order to sync online trophies... If I will ever become a rich man, I will try to do it.

There are also hidden games on my account, mostly games from PS Plus that I played for 10/15 minutes, never bothered to play them again but unluckily for me, some trophies popped.

Atelier Rorona, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix. All for the same reason (as of December 4th): getting the ps4 versions when I can.

Dark Souls - I actually got very close on my old PS3.  But, now I'd have to start over and I just don't think I have the fortitude to start Knight's Honor from scratch. 

Dead or Alive: Last Round - I suck at fighting games, I can't do the combos are clear the tutorial.  Maybe I could if I tried for 20 hours, but that's crazy making just to think about.