Did the Servers reset?

Afro_Gear

I was having second thoughts about giving this game a try but if servers are going to have this kind of issues I guess it's safer not to load this game on my profile since it's pointless to boost this week and I won't be able to play anything on the second half of this month.

It would've been better if they had announced the servers shutdown 12 or at least 6 months before the shutdown date.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

You can still build up your score this week If you so wish...or atleast for today.....no idea If The leaderboards would update next Time The daily leaderboard resets or not until next Sunday....worst case scenario IS that The shutdown broke leaderboard completely and wont reset again

28 minutes ago, Balnazzardi said:

You can still build up your score this week If you so wish...or atleast for today.....no idea If The leaderboards would update next Time The daily leaderboard resets or not until next Sunday....worst case scenario IS that The shutdown broke leaderboard completely and wont reset again

That sucks. I felt CERTAIN i would be in the past week. I have no time to do more this week...crap

So I see a couple of outcomes to this, most of which are bad for someone or another.

1. The script that updates the weekly stats gets run later than usual, and people who were going for the Valor trophies last week will get them later in the week.

As more time passes since weekly rollover, this seems less and less likely. Which is a shame, since this was the best outcome for everyone.

2. The script that updates the weekly stats runs next Sun/Mon, and it's programmed to take into account the past seven days only.

That sucks for anyone who was trying for the trophies last week, since it means all your effort gets wiped out. A little good for anyone trying for it this week, since they can take advantage of the confusion that might cause fewer people to boost this week than last week.

3. The script that updates the weekly stats runs next Sun/Mon, and it's programmed to take into account every day since the last time the script was run.

Well now this is good for anyone going for the trophy last week, and bad for anyone trying this week. The people trying last week have a week's head start on anyone trying this week, and a minor effort will secure the trophy next rollover. The people trying this week have effectively half the time they would normally have to get more points than anyone else.

As to whether any of these scenarios are the correct one, we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gage said:

3353 total, so top 34. I got the last possible spot. 1f605.png

I had 24960 points so if you had more than that you got it.

It did hold the points from the week it missed the reset, so if it doesn't die over reset again it won't be that high, as that was two weeks worth of points. 

That's awesome! I don't have Killzone 2 (just 3) but I'm hoping that everyone that needs this trophy can get it in time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

3353 total, so top 34. I got the last possible spot. 1f605.png

I had 24960 points so if you had more than that you got it.

It did hold the points from the week it missed the reset, so if it doesn't die over reset again it won't be that high, as that was two weeks worth of points. 

Wow that is way too close for comfort. You must be so relieved ? I started working on this last Sunday and luckily still managed to get the 26th spot with ~29350 points. I'm glad this torture is over.

• Like 2

@qwerty So sorry friend... At least next week you'll only have 1 weeks worth of points to deal with. No one new what would happen so it was a total gamble for anyone to try this week. Best of luck to you!

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

@qwerty407 Damn, that sucks. I only made it by 1340 points myself. My plan if I didn't make it was to wait until mid- to late February to try again, both to get a bead on what sort of score I should shoot for and to recover from the monotony of playing so much body count in such a short amount of time. 

On 1/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, qwerty407 said:

I was 36, missed by 400 points, Im done. lol

I was the first slot out and missed the last slot by 500 my first go at it which was only a 20 minute 3 game session for me, it really was a punch to the gut because I had tried to put in a session but was turned off because my points were not saving so I moved on for the day. Having been a KZ2 player from the beginning I knew I had to go on and persevere, the only way home was through the bodies of the Helghast.

So for week two I recorded over 26,000 points to be sure and then Sunday the Servers crashed and I felt this Pit in my stomach...The misery...Hell. We were all left in Limbo not knowing what would become of the next week. Knowing that I couldn't just leave my weeks work on the table I had to continue and protect my current Ranking but only after a 3 day hiatus to recover from the Blow...Week 3 was possibly more than I could stomach but I went on...Helghast after Helghast...blown skulls...bodies slaming off chain linked fences of Tharsis Depot...Pew..Pew...Pew...Grenade Blast...Bot Kill...RELOAD.

Then Judgement Day, it was here yet again. With the Killzone 2 theme blaring through my HEAD I sat down with a new found surge of energy knowing that I wasn't alone on the Battlefield, there would be others looking to obtain the Valor Grand Cross, I popped skulls like my life depended on it...Helmet Pop...Skull after Skull. Then the Clock struck 7, I heard the Bell begin to Toll. I finished my final game and went to the leaderboards and with my eyes closed I hoped and prayed that the life I had wasted for 3 weeks was not for nothing...........................And then I heard the GLORIOUS sound of the Trophy Pop!

"Executed, fuckin' Helghast style." -Sergeant Rico Velasquez

If you think you want to give it another go, I'd let it cool off for this week and try after a Normal week posts to see where it is and What needs to be attained. My Kills/Hour was 373 (Highest by Far) with 17:29:35 logged hours (Two Weeks) that ranked #92, so not bad considering I ranked #15 in points.There are a lot of people putting in a lot of time that missed out this week and I don't want to reveal my tactic if it is not something that really means anything to some (Just another Trophy?) as I would like to see all true Killzone fans to have a chance. I will watch the leaderboards over the coming weeks and see how it is all playing out and publicly reveal my tactic leading up to the End.

Edited by Azimus

33 minutes ago, Azimus said:

There are a lot of people putting in a lot of time that missed out this week and I don't want to reveal my tactic if it is not something that really means anything to some (Just another Trophy?) as I would like to see all true Killzone fans to have a chance. I will watch the leaderboards over the coming weeks and see how it is all playing out and publicly reveal my tactic leading up to the End.

Why wouldn't you just help the community? You already got it so no skin off your nose. Least you could do is help make the grind less for those trying. Anyone else feel free to read the post on here "Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross." Those are the tactics I used and it worked for me. Best of luck to you all!

• Like 2