More EA shady business tactics!

ragnarok2887

OMG!! I knew they did these things!!

I told some friends and other players that EA did all these complicated stuff in matchmaking to grab money from players. They generally told me that it was impossible to do or very difficult to carry out.

Now there you have it.. this is All-EA Style and this is just the begining.

• Like 2

Also, on FIFA games most of the time I get matched up with 85-89 ovr teams while my team is 70-75 ovr, encouraging me to spend real money on packs to get players.

In case I play a balanced rival, the handicap gets ridiculous with me being unable to score (hit the crossbar, and on the rebound I shot again and went to one post) this has happened to me TOO MANY TIMES to be just bad luck.

In draft mode (300 fifa points / 15k coins to enter) the handicap is ridiculous with my account. But if I start an alternate account some accounts get handicap and some others don't, so there is an algorythm that rules the handicap.

Greedy EA, total gross

Well, at any rate, enough good games out there that not supporting EA isn't a big deal.  What is nice is that I doubt that other games want to go down these road(s) and alienate their users/buyers.  Nice there are so many developers with good games.

2 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Also, on FIFA games most of the time I get matched up with 85-89 ovr teams while my team is 70-75 ovr, encouraging me to spend real money on packs to get players.

In case I play a balanced rival, the handicap gets ridiculous with me being unable to score (hit the crossbar, and on the rebound I shot again and went to one post) this has happened to me TOO MANY TIMES to be just bad luck.

In draft mode (300 fifa points / 15k coins to enter) the handicap is ridiculous with my account. But if I start an alternate account some accounts get handicap and some others don't, so there is an algorythm that rules the handicap.

Greedy EA, total gross

Look, I hate EA as much as the next guy, but if you're constantly being put up against people better than you, then the flipside is people better than you are constantly being put up against lower level players too. Seems pretty evened out to me.

I wouldn't expect any less. But as mentioned above, Activision also tried patenting this out first however it shouldn't be any surprise EA would also give a go at it. Their motto at this point may as well be "When in doubt, double down."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Look, I hate EA as much as the next guy, but if you're constantly being put up against people better than you, then the flipside is people better than you are constantly being put up against lower level players too. Seems pretty evened out to me.

Because that people have already spent big money in packs to get a big team.

3 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Seems like they're going hard for worst company in america this year too

At least they're dedicated...

Yeah, because rigging multiplayer games and having lootboxes is so much worse than the American banks who literally destroy people's lives so they can gain more and more money!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Love how everyone targets one or two companies but lets Rockstar get away with their tactics...

I've noticed this as well, it's probably because people still have a fondness for Rockstar as they used to make good games that carry a lot of nostalgia.

They're still becoming shady as fuck though and it's ruined any intention I have of playing RDR2.

• Like 1