Vergil

Trophy discussion

79 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Was about to send this wicked list for you, but apparently I was too late :P

Now that is a grindy list :D I actually was surprised with it, let's hope we can find each other at some point if needed. 

I got you bro! This'll be a breeze!:D

1 hour ago, Happy said:

PSNP community collapses in outrage yet again as mulitplayer game is revealed to have multiplayer trophies.

I don't think the outrage is because of the multiplayer trophies, but because they're shitty and grindy multiplayer trophies. unless you play the game exclusively for months, I don't see how anyone can get the platinum without boosting 

these are the worst imo:

thirty ranked matches without taking HP damage

Interrupted five enemy attacks in a single ranked match thirty times

Defeated an enemy at max HP with a single attack fifty times in ranked matches

Edited by TalalHmd

I liked playing this game way back on the PSP, and I might think about getting this, but it all depends if the rank trophies can be easily boostable.

2 hours ago, Happy said:

PSNP community collapses in outrage yet again as mulitplayer game is revealed to have multiplayer trophies.

I've heard this game is different from the others, but I wouldn't consider the other games to be multiplayer games at all. Let's just hope there are offline ranked matches. If you pay attention to the wording they never mentioned online, but simply the word ranked. Of course, offline ranked matches seem pretty unlikely.

80% of the trophies are focused on ranked multiplayer. I was interested before, but now I'll pass, thanks.

A hard plat is not enough reason for me not to buy a game, but I'll not pre-order. 

If the reviews are good, I'll probs get the game anyway, not going for the plat. 

6 hours ago, rinimt said:

I don't see why so many are upset about the fact there's multiplayer trophies. It's a fighting game that has a lot of playable characters and is 3v3..

If anything I was expecting this list to be way worse than it is.

just curious, what other fighting games ask you to win 30 perfect ranked matches? it's usually win consecutive matches, or win 300 matches, or reach this rank, etc.. 

it's a ridiculous list

33 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

just curious, what other fighting games ask you to win 30 perfect ranked matches? it's usually win consecutive matches, or win 300 matches, or reach this rank, etc.. 

it's a ridiculous list

In SF4 you hade to win 501 matches. And it was simply a title. It was a requirment towards the collect all titles trophy 

If someone is still wondering if the trophies (Ranked related) can be obtained offline, just change the language of the trophy list in Italian or German. It clearly says "online" :jaymon: 

Edited by ShimizuGear09

I'm gonna get my copy of the Collector's Edition despite of the trophy list, but let's just hope there'll be some method to boost those few insane online achievements. lol 

Edited by shiny12

11 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've heard this game is different from the others, but I wouldn't consider the other games to be multiplayer games at all. Let's just hope there are offline ranked matches. If you pay attention to the wording they never mentioned online, but simply the word ranked. Of course, offline ranked matches seem pretty unlikely.

It was originally a multiplayer only arcade game so i think it's fair to say that multiplayer is the focus.

I'm going to get that Knock You All Down trophy for my cabinet.

As other have already mentioned, it's not the fact that the game is full of multiplayer trophies that's the issue It's that they are long, grindy and boring trophies - and some will most definitely never be obtained without boosting.

So for those looking to boost its then 3v3 people playing instead of just 2 persons playing against each other? X)

6 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

If someone is still wondering if the trophies (Ranked related) can be obtained offline, just change the language of the trophy list in Italian or German. It clearly says "online" :jaymon: 

Well there went my theory. I am still optimistic that this list looks worse than it is.

It's a 3 on 3 matches, guys, It's very possible for you win a match without getting HP damage....

I won some matches without even doing an HP Damage, just chilling arround with the Emperor setting traps.

Kudos to anyone who manages to finish this. Me? I tend to avoid online multiplayer like the plague.

I don't mind HARD and GRINDY trophies at all.

I just hate ONLINE trophies because after some period of time they're unachievable.

Was soo much hyped for this... I'll pass.

Will keep looking if you can make these trophies offline or with bots or something, otherwise NOPE.

5 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

They are doing a open beta right now, this is the last chance to try the game before you think about buying it.

Does it add the trophy list to your profile?

On 1/9/2018 at 7:51 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Winning 30 ranked matches without taking damage is definitely pretty much only possible through boosting. 

I was kinda interested in this game, but I suck at fighting games and usually skip them because I'll never get the plat. 

Not necessarily. I am playing MKX right now and I run into a lot of shit players online that just keep jumping at me and I just uppercut them away. 

It will be hard but there are a lot of shit players out there :P