Really cool story, fun game, awful platinum

MAUSZX

2 hours ago, NoosaHeadz said:

Kiwami 2 , 4 and 6 are pretty easy platinums 30-60 hours . No 100% completions , cheat items for all the minigames and 6 you only have to do the last battle on legend. 0 , Kiwami 1 , 3 and 5 all have heavy requirements

Umm... 0 and 5 are at the similar length & difficulty while K1 is shorter & a tad easier IMO (0 took about 200 hours, 5 around 180-190 hours and K1 around 80 but I lost tons of hours while redoing some side stuff that I was already cleared too lol (e.g. karaoke)). I've found Yakuza 3 as the hardest among them because of the minigame trophy. A key point is that, if a person has enough willing & patience and was able to platinum a single Yakuza game (maybe exception of 6 but the person might have a slight understanding of the games/side contents so might count 6 as well...) then they can unlock platinum for the rest of them as well.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Little more info.

52 minutes ago, VaDiMkA said:

IMHO Yakuza 0 has the hardest Plat.

i got the Platinum every Yakuza game, except this one. Main reason is the dancing minigame, i just cant beat the hard scores.. tried it a lot of times, bot nope, it simply impossible for me :/

Are you trying to maximize the possible number of steps before a beat every time? Try for going after Friday Night and Koi no Disco Queen tracks first before the rest because those two were the easiest to score 3 stars on the Hard setting. For the rest, maybe you can try for shorter chains/steps but prioritize going for more fever moves. An example could be found below:

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

1 hour ago, VaDiMkA said:

IMHO Yakuza 0 has the hardest Plat.

i got the Platinum every Yakuza game, except this one. Main reason is the dancing minigame, i just cant beat the hard scores.. tried it a lot of times, bot nope, it simply impossible for me :/

imo every Yakuza game had 1 or 2 annoying stuff for the plat. I can remembet that those dances were hard too. 1 or 2 at least and not because I'm bad at rhytm games because there was a litte bit of an input lag if I'm not wrong. Never stress yourself out if you really want the platinum (and like you said you did every other Yakuza too) than this will be yours too. Sometimes you need a brake from a game.

5 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Are you trying to maximize the possible number of steps before a beat every time? Try for going after Friday Night and Koi no Disco Queen tracks first before the rest because those two were the easiest to score 3 stars on the Hard setting. For the rest, maybe you can try for shorter chains/steps but prioritize going for more fever moves. An example could be found below:

4 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

imo every Yakuza game had 1 or 2 annoying stuff for the plat. I can remembet that those dances were hard too. 1 or 2 at least and not because I'm bad at rhytm games because there was a litte bit of an input lag if I'm not wrong. Never stress yourself out if you really want the platinum (and like you said you did every other Yakuza too) than this will be yours too. Sometimes you need a brake from a game.

Thx, for the tips mates^^

i tried it many many times, and still could not beat several songs on Hard. Dont remember which exactly, since i´m actively suppressing the memory.. 

but seriously, even this one Karaoke Song for Haruka (in Kiwami, Otometal on Hard, 950 Points) wasnt as hard as this one Minigame ><

maybe i will try again in the future. Probably. Definitely. 

• 3 weeks later...

Challenging mini games, almost unfair climax battels, no problem but 10 tournament wins on JCC is BS, easily one of the most frustrating, stupid and unnessesary trophies i've ever seen!

Why 10 wins? wouldnt 3 have been enough? I'm so pissed, loosing on the last fight of a tournament by one attack knowing i've just wasted another like 10 minutes. And why can't the trophy related conter be in the systemdata file so that i can accumulate those wins over several save files no it must be all on one, so stupid! I did 4 or 5 wins on my initial playthrough on normal thinking oh. maybe i'll do the rest on my legend Playthrough that way i can make some money that i don't need on my normal playtrough anymore. what a mistake,  i'm already at 7 wins on legendary difficulty still no trophy -.-

• 3 months later...

100% agree with OP.  Story was pretty awesome, 5 stars all the way.  Platinum trophy is one of the worst ones I've ever gone for.  Not super difficult, just really annoying.

Minigames make those from Final Fantasy X-2 seem fun and non-frustrating by comparison.  So many are very poorly-designed, with bad, unresponsive UI, often requiring nothing but luck and a LOT of patience.  My patience is done with this.  Wish they'd have made the CP trophy more like 70% instead of 100%, then we could have been able to choose, to some extent, which ones we didn't hate.  

And that Cat Scratch Fever trophy? FFS how did a 'minigame' that terrible even go into production?  Whoever designed that should've left his pinky along with his resignation. 

Edited by KegMack
PS Addition

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, fistofnorthstar7 said:

I have a question. I have done the following. Have I done the most time consuming thing or does it still take a lot?

-Gone through on Legend difficulty
-Cabaret finished
-Real Estate completed

The long part is the get all the minigames really and also maybe get both characters completely upgraded.

I can easily agree to what everyone is saying in this thread. I'm already 150 hours into this game and won't be aiming for the 100%

I don't know why they need to have some of their games 100% completion, and others not.

The western release of Fist Of The North Star Lose Paradise had the 100% trophy changed to 50% instead. There's no reason this game couldn't have been the same.

I could be (and will be) playing Kiwami 1 and 2 instead of spending another 30 or so hours of playing mini games that I don't really want to be forced into playing. Even then, the game still boasts over 100 hours of awesome gaming content, why make your player base stick around for THAT long.

Yakuza 4, 6 and Dead Souls are much better in this regard.

No way I need to be sitting for hours playing koi koi, or watching the CPU clean up the table in pool before I start thinking "what am I doing with my life", yet again.

Yakuza 3 is one my favourites in the series, and I more than happy to have my 3 stacks of it, all at 89%

• 1 month later...

The two disco king and queen sub-stories are impossible to beat. Both score 8000+ every time, and I can't beat 6600 (two stars). The button presses on hard for these songs just doesn't seem to have any rhythm to it.

Also, the decision to not make Legendary difficulty available from the start or being a NG+ difficulty; just why?

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've played far enough into the game to have an opinion that holds some water, because opinions on games you haven't even played are dead in the water, so to speak.

Yakuza 0 in my eyes isn't a ball buster in terms of difficulty for the platinum, there's just a number of annoying elements.

First, the Cat Fights. Insanely RNG dependent. Button mashing only works half the time if that. Some of the female fighters have abilities that are utterly crap. Definitely the worst minigame in this entry. Did not like it one bit.

Eastern gambling minigames. Cee-lo, Mahjong, etc. Not too terribly difficult to understand but you definitely have to spend at least a couple hours to really know how the games work. We all know Texas Hold em Poker, Roulette, Blackjack and so forth because most of us grew up in the West and have likely played these games at least once or twice. When I did Red Dead Redemption's minigames I knew exactly what they were. But at least the requirements aren't that high.

Climax Battles require some skill and perseverance. I had trouble beating all the zombies in one of them since the big zombie likes to get in your face all the time. Haven't done them all, saving the last few or so when I get everything done in premium adventure.

The best way I can describe Yakuza 0 when you're aiming for the platinum is it's essentially a jack of all trades. Grand Theft Auto V is somewhat comparable I guess, you have to fly under bridges and between buildings for one trophy which I haven't bothered doing. But a majority of open world games including Assassin's Creed just ask you to be fairly good at a couple gameplay elements, so Golem25 nailed it in terms of what to expect out of Yakuza.

It's time consuming, drawn out, and has a lot of objectives including doing those Disco substories which will definitely trouble a lot of players. But Yakuza 0 is definitely one of those games where getting the platinum means you truly earned it.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I'm about halfway through the story, I'm enjoying the story, combat, substories, even some minigames.

The problem is not the quantity of minigames, it's just the requirements for 100%: do they really think it's fun to grind money and wins in those RNG based minigames?

I don't mind difficulty, but in most cases you just need luck, what's the point??

Anyway I know I'll get the platinum, sooner or later ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got this plat and...it honestly wasn't that bad. I definitely agree with people that said you need to be a jack of all trades though. If you are not gifted in certain skill based minigames you're gonna have a bad time. Granted, this is my second playthrough on the PS4 after a casual one on the PC a few years back and I was surprised to see that my skills from certain minigames carried over. The game is huge, but it personally took me a total of about 110 hours, give or take.

-Disco Minigame: I love rhythm games so this was not an issue whatsoever. Crushed both Isobe and Ogita on my second attempt and hard versions of songs were really fun for me while doing all of them first try. This minigame tends to split the community. A case of 'you either love it or hate it' depending on how good you are at rhythm games. If you're having major trouble, my tip would be to keep your combo going instead of focusing on getting more steps. Fever moves give you roughly 1000-1200 points when you pull them off and you build up the meter faster with a combo.

-Cat Fights: I dreaded this, but the 10 tournament requirement was done fairly quickly, to my surprise. I didn't see the need for financial luck items. What I did is just bet 10,000 yen on Jennifer. I dunno if betting lower makes you win more frequently, but this worked for me so I kept at it. What I also did when it came to a tie is start off pressing the button slowly until the opponent pushes me back about 2 times. Then I started spamming the button as fast as possible. It increased my success rate with ties from I'd say about 30% to 70%. I was also maxing out my real estate after every 2 matches to break up the monotony. Still my least favorite minigame in the entire series despite me potentially getting lucky.

-Western Gambling Games: Poker, Baccarat and Roulette were easy and fast since you can bet a lot. Blackjack just took a while, about 1 hour 30 min for me. Nothing too difficult.

-Eastern Gambling Games: Nothing of note. Just takes some time, but luckily you only have to win 1 mill instead of 10. Just be sure to quit the game after every win so the game counts the money you won for the completion list.

-Pool: Play solo for the shot requirements. Shouldn't be too hard if you know what you're doing. To earn money, I just did beginner puzzle pool. I couldn't do the third round consistently so I just did the first two rounds and backed out. Shouldn't take too long.

-Darts: Very easy. Beat the first challenger then farm the second challenger. When playing against him, win the first two rounds and then just back out when he challenges you the third time. Repeat until you're done.

-Bowling: Fairly simple. There are video guides to show you how to do the splits consistently. Doing the first five courses will net you 1 mill, but you can keep going to earn more without penalty. 

-Batting Cages: I left this one for last because I dreaded it. I focused on Super Gold Rush mode. It did take me quite a few tries, but I was done within about 45 min. I tried almost all the tips I saw online, like watching Kiryu tense up, counting until hit etc. but nothing worked for me. What did ended up working is simply memorizing all the pitches and going on instinct and gut feeling. I know...not helpful whatsoever, but it worked for me. I kept my eye on the ball and just memorized the perfect time to hit each pitch when I see it pass a certain threshold. I played it safe and dropped out whenever I got to 1mill. Highly recommend getting filthy rich first before doing this as reloading saves constantly is not fun after a few loses.

-Arcade Games: This is where most of my skills from previous playthroughs carried over. I remember being absolute dogwater at Outrun and Space Harrier and trying desperately to beat the electronics king's score. This time I crushed him first try with a score of 6.5 mill. Space Harrier and Hang On were also done first try. I had slight trouble with Fantasy Zone, but you can power through it with some effort. For Outrun and Hang On, I recommend taking your finger off the gas button on tight turns. Don't brake or full stop, just let go of the gas. When it's straight road ahead then go full speed while avoiding traffic. Don't be afraid to slow down a bit if you think you might crash. Crashing is always more time consuming than just slowing down. My route is constantly going right as I found those paths the easiest, from my personal experience. Space Harrier you just have to get used to. You can invert your controls with Square which is very helpful. Constantly rapid fire and do your best to avoid projectiles and obstacles. It's really a reaction based game. For Fantasy Zone, constantly rapid fire with R2. Buy the extra life and the jet booster from the first shop. You should get the required score in the middle of zone 4. If you have extra money, use it to buy wide beams or 7-shot upgrades. Don't try to farm for another life as you will most likely get killed before you make enough dough. Look up some vids for best strategies to beat bosses without dying if you need to.

-Mahjong & Shogi: Ain't gonna lie, totally cheated. Boot up a very difficult AI for shogi and flip your monitor screen. Input your opponents moves and just repeat what the AI does. Easy cheesy! For mahjong, I still can't get consistent wins, so I let my friend do it through Remote Play. He did it in about 2 hours, the mad lad.

-Legend Difficulty Run: Pretty easy. Don't bother farming money for upgrades. You get a freebie of 100+mill from Bob by selling his plates, which is plenty to beef you up for both Majima and Kiryu. You will get plenty of money just by completing chapters. In chapter 4 you unlock the Hunting Village location in Dragon & Tiger. Send an agent there and save scum until you get a zap gun. Once you get one you can buy them in bulk with both Majima and Kiryu, which trivializes future boss fights. The car chase section shouldn't be too hard if you use your heat eye and go for headshots. I made it out with more than 60% health left for both Kiryu and the car. What comes after, you need to watch out for. Makoto can get taken in a matter of 10 seconds if you don't go balls out. When the fight starts, immediately switch to brawler and equip the Marlin Cannon you get for free from Bob. Spam the everliving hell out of it and finish off the stragglers with zap guns. Don't try to save ammo because the enemies here are surprisingly tough and fast. If Makoto gets taken you instantly lose and will have to do the car chase again. This is the only risky part of the legend run. For the final long battles, equip your endurance and sacrifice stones for some extra safety, also provided to you by Bob for free.

-Ultimate Battles: Mostly easy, but there were a few zingers in there. Proving Grounds 5, just hard focus on tall zombies as they can tear you a new one if more than one gang up on you. Proving Ground 8 I surprisingly did first try with about 20% HP left. People are having trouble with this one due to bad RNG with style switching I think, but I guess I lucked out. Final two proving grounds took a hot minute, but its manageable if you play safe and don't get impatient. Melee battles are pure skill and I really can't give much advice other than to 'get gud' or look up videos on how other people did it. Some of these I've done with less than a second of time remaining, so they're no joke. Melee Battle 4 was the hardest I think, and I managed to beat it with 0.30 seconds left. Shakedown battles are easy after some practice, nothing complicated there. Now for the boss rushes...the only boss than might realistically give you trouble is Sera, especially on UB2. Try to enter the fight with full heat if possible then hit him with a slugger heat action. Any will do. Quickly switch to thug then stomp him. Use Rolling Snake with breaker whenever possible. If your HP is flashing red then run around while your heat regens then use Essence of Hack Hit with slugger to deal massive damage. Play it safe and you should prevail. For the 10 bosses rush with Majima, simply spam Square 3x + Triangle combo with breaker and most of them will go down easy. Use my strategy against Sera and apply it to Kashiwagi as well to reduce incoming damage as they can easily knock you out of a breaker combo. Also keep in mind that you can throw Shibusawa off the side of the ship with Majima for an easy kill. For 10 bosses rush with Kiryu, beast style is your friend. Whenever there's furniture, it's an easy win. Hitting enemies with objects while they're on the ground does insane damage. For other bosses, keep doing basic combos on them with beast as it's very hard for them to stop you. Get them on the ground with Essence of Torment or a bear hug then grab their leg and throw them around. I did all bosses like this, including Sera and I finished the gauntlet with almost full health. If you are somehow struggling with health then you can restore some by using brawler heat actions.

Overall not an overly hard plat, but certainly very time consuming. If the plat difficulty stays the same for the rest of the series then I'm fairly certain I can do it with only minimal effort.  Well...I am dreading Y3 a bit as the minigames are a bit scuffed in the remaster, but I'll get there when I get there.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I've finished the Climax Battles and 100%'ed the completion list.

The main problem with the Yakuza 0 platinum run is that the systems doesn't respect the gamer's time in the completion list run. Retries are bottlecked by x4-8 user interface menus before you can even begin the same activity again and in some of the them the margin of error is so small that you have little time to understand and learn some of these mini-games. It's the complete opposite of the fighting game luxury where you can just head into Training Mode and lab your combos or understand the mechanics of the game.

That's the biggest gripe. If you remove that problem, games like Yakuza 4 become higher effort plat. Climax battles are mostly OK, but some of those more extreme battles brings to highlight the engine's flaws in the combat system's animation recovery lags, lock on orientation and heat action window activation response. Manageable and not as bad as the completion list.

Edited by Eraezr

• 2 weeks later...