Is the game dead again?

Now that it's been over a month since the game was added to PS+, I would like to think this game has returned to being dead again. I would like to know if anyone on this website is working on the game and still encounters random players frequently. I did a few test matches with alt accounts a month ago and managed to get into a lobby as a host a few times, but a lot of the time I was dumped into random people's lobbies and also had randoms join a lobby that I was hosting and they waited for a few minutes at a time before leaving. 

This thread is in no way looking for boosting partners, I do have two PS4s and two of this game so I'd be able to self boost it, I just want to know if there will still be a lot of trouble with random people on the game.

It might be a game tailored towards kids, but a 0.36% Platinum is hard to resist hahaha. 

Edited by Sergen

4 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

You got me thinking about giving this a go now

can all the online be boosted with 2 ps4s?

hell i got 3 in my house! :)

Yes, the boosting method on the trophy guide recommends having at least 2 PS4s and you search the game until you are assigned as a host, then your alt account joins you and as soon as the match begins, your alt account quits and you get XP for winning although the alt account quits. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Yes, the boosting method on the trophy guide recommends having at least 2 PS4s and you search the game until you are assigned as a host, then your alt account joins you and as soon as the match begins, your alt account quits and you get XP for winning although the alt account quits. 

Sounds like a long, long process haha

i just might do it, though ill have to fix my setup as my PS4s are spread all throughout the house

sorry i wasnt able to answer your question but if you can self boost and thats the recommended option, id say just do it that way

Just now, Property_Damage said:

Sounds like a long, long process haha

i just might do it, though ill have to fix my setup as my PS4s are spread all throughout the house

sorry i wasnt able to answer your question but if you can self boost and thats the recommended option, id say just do it that way

My question is regarding whether there would still be random people who disrupt boosting on this game. Because the game randomises when you will be a host, the more dead the game is, the more likely you'll be able to boost. So I want to know if I were to host lobbies at a time like 6pm GMT today, would I still be running into randoms who were playing the game due to PS+?

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

My question is regarding whether there would still be random people who disrupt boosting on this game. Because the game randomises when you will be a host, the more dead the game is, the more likely you'll be able to boost. So I want to know if I were to host lobbies at a time like 6pm GMT today, would I still be running into randoms who were playing the game due to PS+?

I dont think theres really a sure way of knowing unless you log in and see for yourself

according to this site and at the time of my writing this response, the game has had 477 recent players. And thats purely based on registered members of this site and that also doesnt tell you how many of those people were playing online and who was playing single player

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

How grindy is this game? Thought I'd try it.

The trophy guide says "10-15 hours" with 2 PS4s, or 75+ hours with a cheap move that most random people don't know how to combat: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6180-kung-fu-panda-showdown-of-legendary-legends-trophy-guide#28-master-panda 

The 10-15 hour time was written when the game was dead, but the game gained a lot of players due to PS+. I will wait and alt test the game with 2 PS4s again, but I was interested to know if someone who was currently working on the online trophies is still having trouble with random people who join their lobby. 

13 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

This topic really sums up how I feel about grinding online trophies. Let's hope the online is dead, so nobody disrupts my mind numbing self-boosting :P

A lot of the time I am satisfied to see a game that still has an online community. Games like Star Wars Battlefront need 20 players at times to get a match going in specific modes, so I’m glad people kept playing it. But when it’s a game like this, which actually has the possibility of your save file being corrupted if you join a lobby and the host leaves, I’d prefer it if it is a dead game that can be self boosted easily. 

I have been boosting using the two PS4 method. The game is still active enough during the day hours that its really not possible to boost. I'm in the states EST and boosting is easier around any hour past midnight. Anytime past this you rarely run into people and most are fellow trophy hunters :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...