A nice idea for an easier Weekly Top 1%

EdinhoN

Well, I have been discussing with some partners who are boosting this game and also in some WhatsApp gaming groups: we all should unite ourselves to expand the player pool in Killzone 2.

The competition is insane at the moment, also with the increase in players numbers, the servers are even more buggy, registering even less matches.

So, newcomers, expect to boost over 50 or 60 hours to be in the leaderboards (In a week!)

My idea which will only work with a commitment of all boosters is the following one: let's play quick rounds with all secondary accounts we have every week.

For example, I have 15 secondary accounts (using all 16 slots of my ps3).

In a week, I'll play a random match with all of my 16 accounts, this way I'll be increasing the ranking pool with 16 accounts instead of 1.

Each week the ranked players are averaging around 2000, so 20 1% trophies per week. Now imagine that suddenly, everybody plays with 16 accounts: 320 people will achieve the trophy per week (ok, that's not practical, not all players in the leaderboards are boosters and not everybody has lots of secondary accounts, but any gain is already welcome).

If this idea succeeds we won't be losing time playing with secondaries, because the XP does not need to register. Just playing one match is enough to add your account to the rank, whether it saves or not. Moreover, playing a few short matches won't take too much of your weekly boosting time. In fact, if everybody helps with this idea, it will save TONS of hours. Imagine if we can go back to 5~6k per week to be at top 1%?

So, let me be sort of Karl Marx (damn, collective efforts usually doesn't work, but we must try hahaha) and ask for the union of all KZ2 gamers. We can help each other easily. Even if you don't have secondary accounts, it is so quick to create a disposable one with a temp mail, so just do it.

Spread this word. There are lots of people boosting Killzone 2 due to the shutdown. We can easily make a noticeable impact in the leaderboards, but IF, (and ONLY IF!), every commited and helpful booster helps with at least 2 or 3 secondaries (the more the merrier, come on, 10 or 15 won't be that hard haha. 1 or 2 quick hours and they are all added, easying the boost a LOT for everybody).

This is the only way guys, for every booster achieve this trophy. Otherwise, many of us who can't commit a whole week of insane boosting and playtime won't be able to do it.

Cheers!

• Like 3

There’s already a thread where people are trying to control who gets the Valor Grand Cross each week and as I said in there, you can’t control who gets the trophy or how much XP is required. I doubt there are very many peole who would bother making 15 more profiles just to increase the number of people who can be in the top 1%. If you want the trophy then put in the time and effort to get enough XP. That’s all there is to it.

• Like 4

Yeah, just the expected reactions. Thanks for the feedback.

It is an excellent idea, however starting it is impractical due to give/receive mechanisms.

As soon as Sony announced this shutdown, I've immediately looked through the trophy list and noticed a ranking trophy. Instant thought: "Well, add 2 or 3 accounts including your main and it makes a huge impact, however I'll doubt anyone will care".

Guess I was right.

Honestly, pretty harsh reactions. Adding more alt/dummy accounts will enable more people to get the trophy, which is nice.

Good idea in theory but I have to admit it´ll be very difficult to execute with a large number of people.

I boosted this in the summer and getting 8000 took some dedication, since only about 45% of my stats saved. I can't imagine what getting 18000 in one week is like. What a nightmare. I'm rooting for anyone who is going for this at the moment.

Edited by Intresseklubben

I have a couple alts for content & testing purposes, if I get the game, which more likely be the case (this week probably), I will play a match so there would be to 2 more players in the weekly leaderboards at the very bottom of it. Nontheless I plan to commit with the game until the trophy pops.

It would be a nice idea if everybody who is going for the "Valor Grand Cross" trophy plays only one match with an alt account, that will benefit everybody so everyone can get the trophy without too much trouble.

Edited by Deceptrox

Well honestly you're just better off putting in the hard work to get a high score.  You have a few months to get it done.  Find people with alts you can farm and do it.  It takes far longer to log in 10 different accounts, time taken that is much easier to be getting headshots with just to inflate the playerbase numbers, which fluctuates naturally every week. 

Don't mean to be harsh but that's the reality, you have no other options.  Just play.

There's not even that many boosters for this game, I see 40 in a session right now, so that means the top 10-20'ish will get the trophy and move on, then next week those people can attempt it. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

Nice idea edinho. Like the other thread about this though, met with crap reactions from people who probably aren’t even involved in the boost so ignore them. The gaming community really lets me down on togetherness sometimes. Like hello can we just support each other instead of providing sarcastic and snide comments all the while? That whole saying ‘if you haven’t got anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all’ REALLY should be a law 

Anyways in the psn chat I’m part of this idea has been banded around but I think most people are in it for themselves and won’t take the time to do this. Therefore the people who are genuinely interested in helping others are few and far between and are just concentrating on not falling too far behind. It’s a great idea but would only work if everybody did it and alas, most the people going for this trophy just don’t want to work together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilalElOtmani said:

When they start ? Next Week ?

Assumption is the reset would happen properly this coming Sunday if the servers don't die again, but it's currently up in the air whether it will count both weeks or only the prior 7 days. As far as I know this hasn't happened before so nobody knows what will happen with it currently. 

5 hours ago, BilalElOtmani said:

When they start ? Next Week ?

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-2-a/8798-weekly-honor-rank-reset-times-corrected-3-15-09-a.html

3 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Nice idea edinho. Like the other thread about this though, met with crap reactions from people who probably aren’t even involved in the boost so ignore them. The gaming community really lets me down on togetherness sometimes. Like hello can we just support each other instead of providing sarcastic and snide comments all the while? That whole saying ‘if you haven’t got anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all’ REALLY should be a law 

Anyways in the psn chat I’m part of this idea has been banded around but I think most people are in it for themselves and won’t take the time to do this. Therefore the people who are genuinely interested in helping others are few and far between and are just concentrating on not falling too far behind. It’s a great idea but would only work if everybody did it and alas, most the people going for this trophy just don’t want to work together. 

I think the replies you are getting are only logical/rational.  While I do admit that most trophy hunters are in it for themselves... I've also seen people lend out their alts and other ps3's to farm the whole week (FYI, I'm one of them, I think i've assisted 5+ now).  I suggest you start creating a community of people that will turbo their controllers and idle in another person's lobby the next week after they get their trophy unlocked to help the others the next week.  That's a far better idea than taking time to create dummy accounts to mess with leaderboard stats.  I've even created FREE XP lobbies so people with low rank can just farm to General to even get started with other classes.  Because I know how shitty the trophies and servers are in this game I dedicated some time to helping others get through it as well.  Good luck to the rest of ya'll. 

BRxtgFajTXGwuc4zk2SvMw.png

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-2-a/8798-weekly-honor-rank-reset-times-corrected-3-15-09-a.html

I think the replies you are getting are only logical/rational.  While I do admit that most trophy hunters are in it for themselves... I've also seen people lend out their alts and other ps3's to farm the whole week (FYI, I'm one of them, I think i've assisted 5+ now).  I suggest you start creating a community of people that will turbo their controllers and idle in another person's lobby the next week after they get their trophy unlocked to help the others the next week.  That's a far better idea than taking time to create dummy accounts to mess with leaderboard stats.  I've even created FREE XP lobbies so people with low rank can just farm to General to even get started with other classes.  Because I know how shitty the trophies and servers are in this game I dedicated some time to helping others get through it as well.  Good luck to the rest of ya'll. 

BRxtgFajTXGwuc4zk2SvMw.png

Well, being inefficient is not logical at all. 

"That's a far better idea than taking time to create dummy accounts".

Actually, it isn't. If there was more sense of collectiveness for the average booster (which is the whole point of boosting), that would be a nice move.

It is not a waste of time, when the most logical/effective way to tackle is to do that. Nobody needs to create a massive ammount of accounts, everybody has different regions alts which can quickly be launched and added to the leaderboard in less than 1 hour.

I'll do that when I start the game because I know there will be a small minority which will do the same. Eventually, this little effort will open up 1 or 2 spaces in a week, who knows.

It is a pity. If I need to play 60~80 hours, so be it. However, it clearly could be much more efficient.

Well, (first sorry for my english)

I will test all the possibles methods to achieve this 1% trophy simply cuz i can't play the time needed to grind enough XP.

Work, kids, ... let me 3 hours per day max and business travels kick me out 1 or 2 nights per weeks... with 18 hours of boosting (very) max in a week, i'm so far......

I gave up the MP trophies of this game to focus on KZ3, more doable & less time consuming for a player with my profile but i continue to check any ideas about it ("hope makes life" we say in France^^).

So, this one is not bad as it seems but there is 2 big problems :

- U need to be well organized  and be sure about the players who tells they will follow u, cuz many wants only have benefits of ur idea and will not doin' the first part of the method.

- Multi are not made for boosters, it's for competitive players in a large majority. Some of this guys spend entire days to gain XP just for fun, they love to be High Ranking and mostly they love beating boosters^^. I think a MP like the KZ2 one is full of this type of players and u can't control them so it will be very hard to predict which score can allow you to go ahead them. Just Hope the instability of the servers put them out.

I will follow this thread to see what is consider, btw thx for the idea,

Brainstorming never hurts

On 1/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, EdinhoN said:

Well, being inefficient is not logical at all. 

"That's a far better idea than taking time to create dummy accounts".

Actually, it isn't. If there was more sense of collectiveness for the average booster (which is the whole point of boosting), that would be a nice move.

It is not a waste of time, when the most logical/effective way to tackle is to do that. Nobody needs to create a massive ammount of accounts, everybody has different regions alts which can quickly be launched and added to the leaderboard in less than 1 hour.

I'll do that when I start the game because I know there will be a small minority which will do the same. Eventually, this little effort will open up 1 or 2 spaces in a week, who knows.

It is a pity. If I need to play 60~80 hours, so be it. However, it clearly could be much more efficient.

How long does it take to create a new email and psn account? 10minutes if you're fast?

Another 5 to log in and actually load the game, and maybe get in a match?.

So 15 mins for 1 fake account.

You're gonna do that 10 times?  That's 150 minutes.  2.5hours of your time to make fake accounts.

In those 2.5 hours you could be getting over 15,000 points (edit because nobody can tell the exaggeration) towards your top 1% trophy. 

edit:  I like the idea of helping others.  I'm only against this idea because it's a waste of time and energy. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

20 hours ago, TheLakota said:

With the state of the servers, this is a bullshit statement and you know it. 

Obvious exaggeration is obvious.  Point still remains, your time is better spent getting points than to create fake accounts.  Fact.

Oh look, the 2 people I helped get scores this week got the #1 trophy.  I love being right, I love proving it even more. 

thought-dwight-schrute.jpg?w=685

Edited by DARKB1KE

10 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Obvious exaggeration is obvious.  Point still remains, your time is better spent getting points than to create fake accounts.  Fact.

Oh look, the 2 people I helped get scores this week got the #1 trophy.  I love being right, I love proving it even more. 

thought-dwight-schrute.jpg?w=685

Can confirm. Thanks for the help. I want to give back too so I posted "Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross." While I'd love a world where everyone would get on board and universally help one another it's just not practical. Too many people just in it for themselves. Since time is on the line you gotta take the bull by the horns and get it yourself. Can't rely on others entirely at this stage of the game. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/01/2018 at 8:31 AM, EdinhoN said:

Well, I have been discussing with some partners who are boosting this game and also in some WhatsApp gaming groups: we all should unite ourselves to expand the player pool in Killzone 2.

The competition is insane at the moment, also with the increase in players numbers, the servers are even more buggy, registering even less matches.

So, newcomers, expect to boost over 50 or 60 hours to be in the leaderboards (In a week!)

My idea which will only work with a commitment of all boosters is the following one: let's play quick rounds with all secondary accounts we have every week.

For example, I have 15 secondary accounts (using all 16 slots of my ps3).

In a week, I'll play a random match with all of my 16 accounts, this way I'll be increasing the ranking pool with 16 accounts instead of 1.

Each week the ranked players are averaging around 2000, so 20 1% trophies per week. Now imagine that suddenly, everybody plays with 16 accounts: 320 people will achieve the trophy per week (ok, that's not practical, not all players in the leaderboards are boosters and not everybody has lots of secondary accounts, but any gain is already welcome).

If this idea succeeds we won't be losing time playing with secondaries, because the XP does not need to register. Just playing one match is enough to add your account to the rank, whether it saves or not. Moreover, playing a few short matches won't take too much of your weekly boosting time. In fact, if everybody helps with this idea, it will save TONS of hours. Imagine if we can go back to 5~6k per week to be at top 1%?

So, let me be sort of Karl Marx (damn, collective efforts usually doesn't work, but we must try hahaha) and ask for the union of all KZ2 gamers. We can help each other easily. Even if you don't have secondary accounts, it is so quick to create a disposable one with a temp mail, so just do it.

Spread this word. There are lots of people boosting Killzone 2 due to the shutdown. We can easily make a noticeable impact in the leaderboards, but IF, (and ONLY IF!), every commited and helpful booster helps with at least 2 or 3 secondaries (the more the merrier, come on, 10 or 15 won't be that hard haha. 1 or 2 quick hours and they are all added, easying the boost a LOT for everybody).

This is the only way guys, for every booster achieve this trophy. Otherwise, many of us who can't commit a whole week of insane boosting and playtime won't be able to do it.

Cheers!

It's just a waste of time. Keep playing and don't care to the others. This game has become the  TITANIC, and you can't save everybody.