News: Dead Space's art director makes an appearence on reddit, talks about the NO future for the series.

BG_painter

26 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Wasn't DS3 one of the first games with quite intrusive microtransactions? I seem to remember there being a lot of backlash at the time.

Amazing how that can tank a series. Doesn't seem like EA has learned much in the years since.

Yes, exactly. The way they did it removed the way you needed to scavenge for resources like the 1st and 2nd one. The other nail in the coffin was that they made the game coop oriented, removing some of the horror aspects and making it more action oriented because of this. Sadly, I only discovered about a month ago that the second player would experience hallucinations in real time where the first player would not see, but I didn't bothered to find a coop partner.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Yes, exactly. The way they did it removed the way you needed to scavenge for resources like the 1st and 2nd one. The other nail in the coffin was that they made the game coop oriented, removing some of the horror aspects and making it more action oriented because of this. Sadly, I only discovered about a month ago that the second player would experience hallucinations in real time where the first player would not see, but I didn't bothered to find a coop partner.

Yesssss!! when i co-oped with my hubby, he was my boyfriend at the time :giggle:, he comented on the hallucinations and i would mock him and troll him to death calling him crazy lol ? Then i co-oped again last year with @wackt1, I saw everything, all the gifts and the cake and i was like...."OOOOOOHHH!!! ?!!!!!"

I am crazy about Dead Space, the first game was my real true challenge as a trophy hunter, then DS2 harcore mode was one of the most intense experience i had while gaming. (and i hope i can get the german version of the game someday to challenge myself again). With the death of visceral games and EA being EA it's really sad, and if you are a fan like me, like all of us, there is always a little hope left, you know. :) So i am glad to share this with you guys. ? The original source for this news was Eurogamer Portugal, btw.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Never really understood those comments, if you're playing in coop as the 2nd player, it has some of the creepiest aspects of the entire franchise. Dead space 3 also has about the same amount of action set pieces as dead space 2. 

14 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Yesssss!! when i co-oped with my hubby, he was my boyfriend at the time :giggle:, he comented on the hallucinations and i would mock him and troll him to death calling him crazy lol 1f602.png Then i co-oped again last year with @wackt1, I saw everything, all the gifts and the cake and i was like...."OOOOOOHHH!!! 1f635.png!!!!!"

I am crazy about Dead Space, the first game was my real true challenge as a trophy hunter, then DS2 harcore mode was one of the most intense experience i had while gaming. (and i hope i can get the german version of the game someday to challenge myself again). With the death of visceral games and EA being EA it's really sad, and if you are a fan like me, like all of us, there is always a little hope left, you know. :) So i am glad to share this with you guys. 1f44d.png The original source for this news was Eurogamer Portugal, btw.

Dead Space was amazing. I was a scaredy cat when It first came out, but I downloaded on PC anyway expecting to give up on the first stage. Somehow I overcame my fears with this game and now I can play and watch horror media all I want without getting so spooked that I would give up. I bought my PS3 after my PC died, just in time to get DS3 on the launch. I was disappointed, but as a stand alone game, it wasn't so bad. After that, I got the DS1 and 2 to PS3,  the first time I bought a game for a console that I already played on PC, 3 comic books (one my custom office confiscated, I don't know why), 2 books and a figure that I lost in a freaky shelf accident. 

I really miss the franchise. ?

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Never really understood those comments, if you're playing in coop as the 2nd player, it has some of the creepiest aspects of the entire franchise. Dead space 3 also has about the same amount of action set pieces as dead space 2. 

I think it was a common preconception because the game had coop as their first tough, the sense of loneliness was lost and I confess that I agree with this. I simply cannot see myself be so threatened with another one person (player or NPC) in my fight that being alone. Another problem is the creepiness is locked behind being player 2 in a coop mode that I had no interest in. 

Dead Space 2 for me has good action pieces, but I was something more like a mad man going wild in his enemies trying to stay alive, unlike DS3 that looked like more of a man in a mission, still crazy, but more on control. Dead Space 2 is my favorite to be honest.

Edited by ElBolovo
  • Like 1

There's always a chance they would do a Remaster for PS4, perhaps if that sells well enough it would make them change their minds on DS. A shame though, I really enjoyed it, even DS3, regardless of the whole microtransactions issue that EA apparently never bothered to learn from.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Dead Space was amazing. I was a scaredy cat when It first came out, but I downloaded on PC anyway expecting to give up on the first stage. Somehow I overcame my fears with this game and now I can play and watch horror media all I want without getting so spooked that I would give up. I bought my PS3 after my PC died, just in time to get DS3 on the launch. I was disappointed, but as a stand alone game, it wasn't so bad. After that, I got the DS1 and 2 to PS3,  the first time I bought a game for a console that I already played on PC, 3 comic books (one my custom office confiscated, I don't know why), 2 books and a figure that I lost in a freaky shelf accident. 

I really miss the franchise. 1f62d.png

I think it was a common preconception because the game had coop as their first tough, the sense of loneliness was lost and I confess that I agree with this. I simply cannot see myself be so threatened with another one person (player or NPC) in my fight that being alone. Another problem is the creepiness is locked behind being player 2 in a coop mode that I had no interest in. 

Dead Space 2 for me has good action pieces, but I was something more like a mad man going wild in his enemies trying to stay alive, unlike DS3 that looked like more of a man in a mission, still crazy, but more on control. Dead Space 2 is my favorite to be honest.

When you're playing solo, carver isn't always with you, just like Ellie in dead space 2, you sometimes see them fighting, but they mostly talk to you over earpiece. It's a shame the nightmares can only be seen in coop, but the epilogue dlc was by far the creepiest in the entire franchise

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

When you're playing solo, carver isn't always with you, just like Ellie in dead space 2, you sometimes see them fighting, but they mostly talk to you over earpiece. It's a shame the nightmares can only be seen in coop, but the epilogue dlc was by far the creepiest in the entire franchise

To me, it didn't feel scary too, i was actualy relieved to have a pal armed to the teeth just like me, lol. ?

Well, Overall gaming experiences are very personal, so nvm it :giggle:

Edited by BG_painter

Considering Visceral being shutdown it's not much of a surprise there's no real future for the series. While I didn't play them, I definitely feel for the fans that really liked it considering the series ends on a cliffhanger, which always sucks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Wasn't DS3 one of the first games with quite intrusive microtransactions? I seem to remember there being a lot of backlash at the time.

Amazing how that can tank a series. Doesn't seem like EA has learned much in the years since.

Hello Games with No Mans Sky, Ubisoft with AC Unity "we fucked up, we know, we're gonna give out free content to make up for it" EA with Mass Effect Andromeda "we fucked up, goodbye"

for awhile all i saw in the news was EA this, EA that, they really have become an embarrassment with what they do, and say, in recent months.

• Like 3

Great series. A bit sad to see a no good future for it. Deadspace is one of the Remasters I really want. It would look amazing on PS4.

7 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Yesssss!! when i co-oped with my hubby, he was my boyfriend at the time :giggle:, he comented on the hallucinations and i would mock him and troll him to death calling him crazy lol 1f602.png Then i co-oped again last year with @wackt1, I saw everything, all the gifts and the cake and i was like...."OOOOOOHHH!!! 1f635.png!!!!!"

I am crazy about Dead Space, the first game was my real true challenge as a trophy hunter, then DS2 harcore mode was one of the most intense experience i had while gaming. (and i hope i can get the german version of the game someday to challenge myself again). With the death of visceral games and EA being EA it's really sad, and if you are a fan like me, like all of us, there is always a little hope left, you know. :) So i am glad to share this with you guys. 1f44d.png The original source for this news was Eurogamer Portugal, btw.

I have been summoned.  jk, I just want closure to Issac Clarke's story, if he can survive the ending of the base game, then he can survive the DLC ending. DS2 had one of the most satisfying platinums too. (I just need to platinum dead space extraction now to complete the 4)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wackt1 said:

I have been summoned.  jk, I just want closure to Issac Clarke's story, if he can survive the ending of the base game, then he can survive the DLC ending. DS2 had one of the most satisfying platinums too. (I just need to platinum dead space extraction now to complete the 4)

*Host of embers BG_painter*

*summoned SunBro*

--------*Praise the Sun!!*------

Yep here you are :D  I need to do extraction too. I only plated Sorcery with the ps move, and my goodness waving that thing made my arm tired ? ? ?

8 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Great series. A bit sad to see a no good future for it. Deadspace is one of the Remasters I really want. It would look amazing on PS4.

OOOOOOOOH yes i wouldn't mind a ps4 remaster ?

3 hours ago, wackt1 said:

4 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

*Host of embers BG_painter*

*summoned SunBro*

--------*Praise the Sun!!*------

\[T]/

If you look really hard, Isaac Clarke in his armor kind of looks like a Sci-Fi Solaire

Edited by Trophy Huntress
  • Like 1

I reallywish someone would send the games to the Silver Screen. Dead Space would be an amazing set of live action movies. 

Unfortunately, with Hollywood being Hollywwod, they'd most likely fuck it up by ignoring the already established story lines and canon, set it up with a screen writer and a director neither of whom will have even once played any of the games (think Bryan Singer and the X-Men. He flat out admitted he'd never read a single comic nor had any idea who any of the characters were) and then make it more about effects and gore than story and character development.

Hmm.

Ok.

Never mind. It's a bad idea. Forget everything I said and just give me DS4 on April, 4th for the PS4.

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin
  • Like 1

Dead Space was one of the first games I got on PS3 (also 1 of 2 games with missing timestamp) I remember taking it very slow at first because of not knowing what to expect. I remember it being a early chapter. 4 or 5 I don't remember, It was the first encounter with the the necro that wouldn't die and you were locked into the room. I didn't touch the game for several months because of that room. I remember doing the hardest play through with just the plasma cutter. Intense and fun times. I loved the 2nd game also but never did a hard core run. Don't know if I would have the time to even attempt it now (being I am back in college with online courses) maybe over summer break. Won't promise it. I liked the third game but I didn't enjoy it as much. Extraction was fun and was a good game with the move controller. I platinum it using the move as I thought it made it a little easier than using the PS3 controller. I would settle for a remaster of the series at this point and would take a sequel (most likely won't happen) if it returned to what made the first game so good. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Dead Space was one of the first games I got on PS3 (also 1 of 2 games with missing timestamp) I remember taking it very slow at first because of not knowing what to expect. I remember it being a early chapter. 4 or 5 I don't remember, It was the first encounter with the the necro that wouldn't die and you were locked into the room. I didn't touch the game for several months because of that room. I remember doing the hardest play through with just the plasma cutter. Intense and fun times. I loved the 2nd game also but never did a hard core run. Don't know if I would have the time to even attempt it now (being I am back in college with online courses) maybe over summer break. Won't promise it. I liked the third game but I didn't enjoy it as much. Extraction was fun and was a good game with the move controller. I platinum it using the move as I thought it made it a little easier than using the PS3 controller. I would settle for a remaster of the series at this point and would take a sequel (most likely won't happen) if it returned to what made the first game so good. 

Yes! i remember that part and the part with the propellers near the end of the game... sweet jesus, it was tough ?

Edited by BG_painter