The ONE PS3 Game You Hated

Dragn_Whytefyre

6 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Really? Why? I utterly loved that game. So looking forward to TLoU2.  ?

Just hated it, did absolutely nothing for me apart from putting me off gaming at all for a short while. Have no problem at all with people that like the game, it just wasn't right for me, pretty much everything in the game had been done before in one form or another, ie: Homefront, Resistance, etc.

22 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

2. Those people that mentioned The Last of Us or  Red Dead Redemption (these are some examples)... I’m not even checking your profile for what games you have played (cause they must be astonashing) but it’s almost the same saying those games are terrible compared to other AAA games. It’s like rating The Dark Knight with 1/10 in IMDB when it’s impossible to tell that NOTHING in the movie is average (at least)...

These are all just completely personal opinions.  I work in a gaming store and people are shocked when I say I can't stand anything Rockstar does, or COD, or The Last of Us or MGS series.  Yes they are supremely popular games, and I can understand why people do like them, but to me, they are some of the dullest games I have ever played.  And you can check my profile.  I've played a few games in my day

• Like 1

Don't put The Last Of Us and MGS in the same bag as Rockstar games and CoD please :P 

I don't mind people not liking these series but you have to admit that TLOU and MGS are not the "shitty" ultra popular copy/paste games that CoD and GTA/Red Dead developers are providing every now and then.

You're never going to be sad or shocked playing a CoD or a Rockstar game and you are certainly not going to have deep gameplay mechanics in these games either.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Now that we're well into the era of the mighty PS4

It's been 4 and a half years mate ?

Topic: Heavy Rain.

I hate the guts of this game. It's such a tremendous piece of shit of storytelling, everyone who has like the slightest appreciation for good writing should not like this game. But if you still do... well. More Heavy Rain for you then.

25 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Don't put The Last Of Us and MGS in the same bag as Rockstar games and CoD please :P 

I don't mind people not liking these series but you have to admit that TLOU and MGS are not the "shitty" ultra popular copy/paste games that CoD and GTA/Red Dead developers are providing every now and then.

You're never going to be sad or shocked playing a CoD or a Rockstar game and you are certainly not going to have deep gameplay mechanics in these games either.

TLOU was kind of a Copy/Paste of Uncharted, but with Zombies Clickers. I never said any of them were shitty, from a technical standpoint.  They just do not appeal to me in the slightest.  I find the characters lackluster and the world just didn't grab me, and after an hour or so on MGSV and TLOU, I did not feel compelled to to put any more time into them

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

TLOU was kind of a Copy/Paste of Uncharted, but with Zombies Clickers. I never said any of them were shitty, from a technical standpoint.  They just do not appeal to me in the slightest.  I find the characters lackluster and the world just didn't grab me, and after an hour or so on MGSV and TLOU, I did not feel compelled to to put any more time into them

I'd argue that this is worthwhile critique for those games, but saying the characters are lackluster just undermines that you haven't played nearly enough to know what you're talking about. No offense.

The writing in The Last of Us is superb and the characters are pretty much the only thing Naughty Dog has ever done flawlessly. And of course the graphics... but eh, graphics.

15 minutes ago, Joker said:

I'd argue that this is worthwhile critique for those games, but saying the characters are lackluster just undermines that you haven't played nearly enough to know what you're talking about. No offense.

The writing in The Last of Us is superb and the characters are pretty much the only thing Naughty Dog has ever done flawlessly. And of course the graphics... but eh, graphics.

None taken.  It is one that I always see in my PS4 library and think, maybe I'll try it again, but then I get pulled into something and forget about it.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 8:44 AM, Lorajet said:

The other game I have a love/hate relationship with is Puppeteer.  Beautiful game and I love the graphics; hate it because I seem to suck at it.

I finally beat that game and I hated every moment towards the end. Fortunately it's over for me. There's no way (if I was a platinum chaser) that I would put even more time into the game though. Was so aggravating!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

These are all just completely personal opinions.  I work in a gaming store and people are shocked when I say I can't stand anything Rockstar does, or COD, or The Last of Us or MGS series.  Yes they are supremely popular games, and I can understand why people do like them, but to me, they are some of the dullest games I have ever played.  And you can check my profile.  I've played a few games in my day

Like I said before, I understand that people may have their personal opinion about any game. However, we are talking about THE WORST game people played on PS3, and I truly believe that people played games much worst then The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption or even (I hate this série too) Call of Duty :) 

Nice to see varying opinions here but I do love RDR and I'm hyped for RDR 2. 

And I'm going to have to give it to Monster Jam Battlegrounds. That turd was given free on plus and the guide said it takes 5-8 hrs to plat. I never buy games for easy plats ( my policy) but since it was free I gave it a go. WORST MISTAKE. After about 1 hr of puking my eyes out, I decided it wasn't worth it. This is the only game that caused me to hide it so I'd never have to look at it again. Deleted my save while I was at it. Good riddance!

Bayonetta came close to being my worst but not close to enough to dethrone that abomination

3 hours ago, SirPigFace said:

Both of the Saw games are terrible 1f604.png anybody who has them and still not played it, do not waste your time playing them. The rest of my PS3 games I enjoyed playing.

I'm actually playing saw right now xD. I like it but it's not bad. I'm a fan of the movies maybe that's why

Edited by PooPooBlast

On ‎12‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:02 PM, TurtlePM said:

Like I said before, I understand that people may have their personal opinion about any game. However, we are talking about THE WORST game people played on PS3

But we really don‘t.

The Topic question is „The one you hated“ which doesn‘t have to be the worst.

I can only speek for myself, but I only hate games if they have promise or potential that is missed.

The worst game I played on PS3 was Hysteria Project I think. Or like Amy or some shit.

But I only truly hate Heavy Rain for all the genuine bullshit it has done. And for David Cage beeing so far up his own ass.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

Get fit with mel b. Just a shit exercise game with move support.  

Star wars the clone wars just a real crappy game in general.  

To all the people saying rdr , last of us , etc ,I think you're either a) fucked in the head or b ) fucked in the head.  

Edited by closertim

1 hour ago, Joker said:

But we really don‘t.

The Topic question is „The one you hated“

which doesn‘t have to be the worst.

I can only speek for myself, but I only hate games if they have promise or potential that is missed.

The worst game I played on PS3 was Hysteria Project I think. Or like Amy or some shit.

But I only truly hate Heavy Rain for all the genuine bullshit it has done. And for David Cage beeing so far up his own ass.

You might look at Heavy Rain and thought “this game looked so great but it’s just a piece of junk” but you know that Amy still worst than Heavy Rain. I still believe that is disappointing more then a bad game.

I often give the example of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY movie to explain my point of view in these cases. I hated this movie, I didn’t get scared at all, its marketing about true facts didn’t work on me, you have a lot of bettter movies out there about ghosts and “one camera” only much better.

But considering all the technical creation with a small/personal team and their equipment, it is a great creation indeed.

“Hate” is a strong word and some games don’t deserve that. I don’t like football, a lot of people buy FIFA every year (sometimes a console just to play these), but I don’t enjoy playing it, I don’t Hate it. I can’t talk too much about Heavy Rain cause it’s one of my favorites :D

23 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

You might look at Heavy Rain and thought “this game looked so great but it’s just a piece of junk” but you know that Amy still worst than Heavy Rain. I still believe that is disappointing more then a bad game.

“Hate” is a strong word and some games don’t deserve that. I can’t talk too much about Heavy Rain cause it’s one of my favorites :D

Nah.

I think Heavy Rain is a huge pile of dogshit. And I am not disappointed, I think it's fucking horrible. And that's already the short and nice version for it.

And as a matter of fact I do hate it. Because some people got tricked into thinking that the story is not shit, when the sad truth is, that it actually is.

It's not that the Story you think you experienced is bad. The actual game and the ridiculous plot holes and red herrings are just infuriating, and it is not okay to overlook something so atrocious, while the creator of that pile of trash thinks and acts like he is the next Shakespear.

I could go on for hours why it is such a horrible piece of software, but I don't think anybody wants to hear that ?. In my experience people only want their opinions to be validated, not think about new ones.

The graphics are neat, I'll give it that. But ehh, graphics.

Edited by Joker

3 hours ago, Joker said:

Nah.

I think Heavy Rain is a huge pile of dogshit. And I am not disappointed, I think it's fucking horrible. And that's already the short and nice version for it.

And as a matter of fact I do hate it. Because some people got tricked into thinking that the story is not shit, when the sad truth is, that it actually is.

It's not that the Story you think you experienced is bad. The actual game and the ridiculous plot holes and red herrings are just infuriating, and it is not okay to overlook something so atrocious, while the creator of that pile of trash thinks and acts like he is the next Shakespear.

I could go on for hours why it is such a horrible piece of software, but I don't think anybody wants to hear that 1f602.png. In my experience people only want their opinions to be validated, not think about new ones.

The graphics are neat, I'll give it that. But ehh, graphics.

I like to read/hear someone’s experience of any game. I prefer that he tells me if he liked/disliked and why, rather “it’s dogshit” and nothing else :)

First, I played the game years after it was released so I don’t know if there were any problems before that (like No Man Sky or Mighty no 9). More then any anything else, I really enjoyed the story and my jaw felt when I saw the Origami Killer.

One thing I noticed is that you might be spoiled at the beginning of the game if the guy in the store gets shot. My bf played with me on PS4 and he didn’t save that guy in that scene. The cutscene spoiled everything and he knew who was the Killer, ruining his playthrough.

It has some garbage scenes (tutorial, aff), The controls may not be the best, but I still believe it has a great plot twist (the story is the same;, nowadays is the same thing - clones, aliens, playing with a dead person).

Either way, it was far from the worst game on the system. Any telltale game after Wolf Among Us is just terrible, since your choises doesn’t make any difference and a lot of glitches (that Batman, goooosh).

Mass Effect 1, all the praises about this series (except Andromeda and maybe the third one of course) I thought it would be an enjoyable ride for me to play and plat the trilogy. Bought ME1 & ME2 while it was on sale. 

Played ME1 on my friend's PS3 for a few hours, bored me to death, I found the control to be clunky for my taste.

Unlocked 3 trophies and decided that this isn't going to work for me, didn't sync the trophies but a year later in 2017, borrow my friend's PS3 to self-boost some of the games, totally forgot that ME1 trophy list is still there, sync that bitch up and now the forsaken game is in my trophy collection. 

I hope a year of not playing that game 'reset' my prior unpleasant experience and make me fall in love with the series.