The ONE PS3 Game You Hated

Dragn_Whytefyre

I'd have to go with The Walking Dead.  Yeah.  I managed to platinum it, but, for me, it was torture.  Horribly depressing game.  Only reason I finished it is so I wouldn't have to look at a game on my profile that is incomplete when all you have to do for the platinum is simply finish the story.  But boy, I did not enjoy it.  At all.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:04 PM, Jamescush147 said:

Unlike CSI: Fatal Conspiracy that is the same thing but fun.

Gah. CSI was horrendous. :P Can't believe I forced myself to finish it. 

Deep Black as well, since someone else mentioned it earlier.  Absolutely atrocious.

That's about it, really.  There've been other games that I disliked, but "hate" is a strong term.

• Like 1

Need for speed most wanted is another one for me. 

I thought the gameplay was woeful and it doesn't explain much of anything at all. I can't even catch up with the first car that you have to take down as I've no idea to unlock the boost. 

I thought about going back for another go recently but just can't be motivated at all. It was a free plus game though so it's not like I lost any money over it. 

20 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I like to read/hear someone’s experience of any game. I prefer that he tells me if he liked/disliked and why, rather “it’s dogshit” and nothing else :)

First, I played the game years after it was released so I don’t know if there were any problems before that (like No Man Sky or Mighty no 9). More then any anything else, I really enjoyed the story and my jaw felt when I saw the Origami Killer.

One thing I noticed is that you might be spoiled at the beginning of the game if the guy in the store gets shot. My bf played with me on PS4 and he didn’t save that guy in that scene. The cutscene spoiled everything and he knew who was the Killer, ruining his playthrough.

It has some garbage scenes (tutorial, aff), The controls may not be the best, but I still believe it has a great plot twist (the story is the same;, nowadays is the same thing - clones, aliens, playing with a dead person).

Either way, it was far from the worst game on the system. Any telltale game after Wolf Among Us is just terrible, since your choises doesn’t make any difference and a lot of glitches (that Batman, goooosh).

See, I like the Telltale games a lot because I don't care that much about glitches^^

What I wrote in the spoiler is pretty much only off the top of my head and even then, I only wrote half of it.

I didn't really double check it, so if it's not comfortable to read I'm sorry, but I don't want to spend that much time for Heavy Rain anymore to be honest^^

Spoiler

The problem with Heavy Rain is that nothing in it's universe makes sense and/or is poorly executed. The game starts with the death of Jason, which is the kickoff for the entire story, and they couldn't even get that scene right. I don't know how well you have the game in your memory, but as the car is supposed to run over Jason it doesn't look like that in the slightest.

It does however look way more of a danger to Ethan than anyone else. You might think this is a nitpick. But it is the fucking start of the game. And it is supposed to be super sad. And it sets up everything afterwards. And IT IS THE START OF THE GAME.

How much more work would it have been to just fix this scene, so it does actually look like what it's supposed to show?

And don't even start with the twist...

There is a feature in the game where you can hear the protagonists thoughts. And you can hear Shelby think stuff like ''Hmm I wonder how the super mysterious Origami Killer has done this'' or like ''If I catch that bastard...''

Shelby- who is the Orgami Killer, thinks about how the Origami Killer has done stuff. Mhm. Well fucking done Quantic Dream.

This is a so-called red herring. It only exists in the story for the viewer - not the story itself. Just so you can go down a wrong track that leads to nothing. Which is pretty much the entirety of Heavy Rain.

And Shelby is not some delusional ''I forgot I killed children'' kinda guy. If this is the excuse for the twist, the rest of the game doesn't make any bloody sense whatsoever. Because the whole time you control Shelby you should, in theory, think you hunting down the Origami Killer, when in reality you collect/destroy any leftover evidence. So he DOES KNOW what he is doing.

So why on earth does he think ''How does Killer do stuff''? Because David Cage can't write a compelling story without cheating. Sad as it is.

And why the fuck do former Origami Killer victims families have evidence concerning the unsolved case of the disappearence and murder of their children lying aroud in their homes? They even say the Police said this and that to said evidence... and then what? They just left it there for Shelby to pick it up? This is what I am supposed to believe? Mhm. Sure.

Do you remember, in the first quater of the game when Ethan randomly wakes up in the middle of the street in the middle of a rainy night with no clue how he got there? With a bloody origami in his hands? No? Because it seems like David Cage doesn't either at the end of the game. You never get an answer to that shit. It's just there to create artificial tension, when a good story should just create tension.

That includes his other blackouts and the wibble wobble, shaky, oh-I-don't-feel-so-well stuff Ethan is expiriencing the first half of the game.

It never leads to anything.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

I don't think I hate any. However I never made it past the third level in Gundam: Target in Sight (aka. Gundam Crossfire). I even died three times on Easy mode in the first level. I could say it has bad lock on system, complex and heavy controls, but I guess the reality is that the game just has too steep of a learning curve and I don't think it has trophies either to motivate me to go back to it. It's one of the few games on the system I couldn't even beat normally and at the time I was pretty excited to be able to play a Gundam game on PS3. As said, it's probably not hate, but sometimes I look at it standing there on the shelf and let out a sigh.

8 hours ago, Joker said:

See, I like the Telltale games a lot because I don't care that much about glitches^^

What I wrote in the spoiler is pretty much only off the top of my head and even then, I only wrote half of it.

I didn't really double check it, so if it's not comfortable to read I'm sorry, but I don't want to spend that much time for Heavy Rain anymore to be honest^^

Reveal hidden contents

The problem with Heavy Rain is that nothing in it's universe makes sense and/or is poorly executed. The game starts with the death of Jason, which is the kickoff for the entire story, and they couldn't even get that scene right. I don't know how well you have the game in your memory, but as the car is supposed to run over Jason it doesn't look like that in the slightest.

It does however look way more of a danger to Ethan than anyone else. You might think this is a nitpick. But it is the fucking start of the game. And it is supposed to be super sad. And it sets up everything afterwards. And IT IS THE START OF THE GAME.

How much more work would it have been to just fix this scene, so it does actually look like what it's supposed to show?

And don't even start with the twist...

There is a feature in the game where you can hear the protagonists thoughts. And you can hear Shelby think stuff like ''Hmm I wonder how the super mysterious Origami Killer has done this'' or like ''If I catch that bastard...''

Shelby- who is the Orgami Killer, thinks about how the Origami Killer has done stuff. Mhm. Well fucking done Quantic Dream.

This is a so-called red herring. It only exists in the story for the viewer - not the story itself. Just so you can go down a wrong track that leads to nothing. Which is pretty much the entirety of Heavy Rain.

And Shelby is not some delusional ''I forgot I killed children'' kinda guy. If this is the excuse for the twist, the rest of the game doesn't make any bloody sense whatsoever. Because the whole time you control Shelby you should, in theory, think you hunting down the Origami Killer, when in reality you collect/destroy any leftover evidence. So he DOES KNOW what he is doing.

So why on earth does he think ''How does Killer do stuff''? Because David Cage can't write a compelling story without cheating. Sad as it is.

And why the fuck do former Origami Killer victims families have evidence concerning the unsolved case of the disappearence and murder of their children lying aroud in their homes? They even say the Police said this and that to said evidence... and then what? They just left it there for Shelby to pick it up? This is what I am supposed to believe? Mhm. Sure.

Do you remember, in the first quater of the game when Ethan randomly wakes up in the middle of the street in the middle of a rainy night with no clue how he got there? With a bloody origami in his hands? No? Because it seems like David Cage doesn't either at the end of the game. You never get an answer to that shit. It's just there to create artificial tension, when a good story should just create tension.

That includes his other blackouts and the wibble wobble, shaky, oh-I-don't-feel-so-well stuff Ethan is expiriencing the first half of the game.

It never leads to anything.

Everything you wrote in the spoilers window makes sense :) some stuff I haven’t noticed (like the thoughts) but my friend asked the same thing about the beginning (he could be dead there, besides Ethan felt in front of the car, not Jason) and no explanation about the blackouts.

I don’t know, ignoring some boring and nonsense stuff, I still like that game. For me, those things and more you said makes the game “not realistic” and they could do much better; and I was just focused on knowing the killer. I can’t explain sorry :D

I talked about telltale games because I played Batman and The New Frontier and they were glitchy. Bruce Wayne’s head was in some points of the game, twisted like an exorcism scene. Another one in TWD:NF was a fight scene where a big light board is stuck to his buddy all the time (I recorded that one). It’s goofy, but it was horrible considering it’s a celshaded game with low interactions. The essence of power on your choises are USELESS. Everytime I tried to save someone and not be judged by other, the game forces me to kill that bastard and be responsible (that random witness still shows up and think the exact same thing). In Heavy Rain that doesn’t happen. If a character dies, the games goes on. I had only one game over in Batman because Alfred Died. The same friend of mine played Batman and put the control down, without interacting with the QTE and Talking - he got almost the same thing as I and no game overs. Basically, the main great thing in Telltale was lost after The Wolf Among Us :/

• Like 1

For what it counts, I hated playing Pre Sequel Borderlands on PS3. It ran terrible (not sure if it ever got patched. I quit it early on and never went back)

I did end up beating it on PS4's collection though and actually enjoyed the game for what it was (not as good as the others but decent enough to enjoy coop with a friend)

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I found enough energy to finish RDR, but that was about it. I too can't see the appeal of Rockstar games. I always feel like combat is just being played out for me. Honestly, I find the shooting in a game like Yakuza: Dead Souls preferable to the shooting in RDR or GTA, etc.

I found Sleeping Dogs to be more fun and engaging as far as open world modern games go than Grand Theft Auto. Grand Theft Auto has a lot more to do and it boasts a giant multiplayer, but I couldn't really get into GTA V that much.

Sad that the studio closed down. Would of loved to see a Hong Kong beat-em-up style open world game for the current gen consoles. Anything that takes inspiration from Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan is good in my opinion.

The one PS3 game that I hate, hum............ has to be ...... Fallout 3, because it looks like shit.

Just kidding its PlayStation All-Stars, Battle Royal.

Why, well not just its a Blatant rip off of my favorite Nintendo game, but it fails at it miserably.

Edited by Pershing24

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprising, but it's Resident Evil 6

I don't hate it as much now as I did when I initially beat it, mainly because it led to RE7 which cleansed the palette for everyone.

There were several elements of this game that really grinded my gears:

• Poor implementation of QTE mechanic. 
  • Watered down shooting gameplay.
  • Several poor canonical/plot choices.
  • Just the whole pandering approach to fans and the genre. Can't really articulate this well, but the game just looked so try-hard without actual substance.

I'm ok now.