How playstation trophies could be better.

Tyrant-Cynical

Do you think this is a good idea?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes with option 1 form of currency
    • Yes with option 2 form of currency
    • No its a bad idea

I like this idea and option 1 would allow for rare items since platinum coins would obviously be the rarest. Any items that cost platinum coins could be appropriately shown off just like trophies.

But I do agree that there should be a space that you could interact with others if this were to come to fruition. Otherwise if you could only browse static avatars I feel that it would be much more boring. If it were another PlayStation Home and people could get those premium costumes without spending their real-life doubloons, I think it could be a hit. I know I would probably play it every now and then just to see what I could unlock.

3 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

It annoys me occasionally you have a trophy where maybe you’re unsure if you’re doing it correctly or it’s a massive grind or something and it would be lovely to see a progress bar going up. 

This would make trophies like the Passing the Time trophy in Minecraft less stressful as there is no way to tell how close you are to passing 100 days.

I didn't care for the avatars on Xbox 360, so this doesn't appeal to me at all. I mean who apart from young girls wants to dress up avatars instead of playing games? :P I fail to see how this would make the trophy system "better". I'd rather Sony focused on implementing features that have more mass appeal - they only have so many resources. 

Edited by Undead Wolf

PlayStation had avatars at one part with PlayStation Home. However, that was its own contained thing. I mean, I wouldn't even use this idea. I just play games and earn trophies in games I like. 

What said avatars looked like:

fTAgMPS.jpg

8 hours ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Yeah like if you need 10 headshots and the ui/system lets you know you have like 6/10.

That's the one feature I always liked on XBOX systems and would love to see on PlayStation too. Oh well, maybe when the PS5 gets released.

• 6 years later...

Remove completely unobtainable trophies, so newer players can still get the platinum/100%, use the higher trophy types to determine the difficult the little challenge to unlock a trophy, make every game have a platinum instead of being 50/50 whether it gets a platinum or not, don't make nearly impossible challenges and turn them into trophies, implement a little cabinet for trophy hunters to show off trophies on their profile, make some sort of reward system after reach and earning a certain amount of platinums or milestone to motivate others to trophy hunt.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto