Getting overpowered for newgame+(and beyond) Is it possible?

Deluziion90

Hey guys,

Little backstory to make my question easier:

A while ago I managed to beat the game(with lots of trial and error!!) and went straight into newgame+ beat some revenants got myself a full green set(+1-+2~), an insane nice rolled weapon(playing dual wield katana) and grinded it out to currently a +5. I'm around level 170 currently. and playing a windstorm blender build from Pwargaming

After getting those items I went back to Way of the Samurai(newgame) and easily destroyed everything which I had trouble with earlier(killing 2 bosses at once even DLC lvl 150+ missions with 2 bosses at once) and finishing up the first DLC (Which is also a cakewalk with my current gear) - First boss got 2 shotted lol

and now just waiting for my platinum because of those stupid twilight daily's.

Question for now is: I'm still having trouble getting past queens eyes on NG+/Way of the Strong to access NG++/Way of the demon.

Is there any way to get myself as broken overpowered as I'm currently in way of the samurai or is every newgame+ as hard as I started the game my first time.

I always farmed Marobashi mission for a while. It drops very hight lvl gear and tons of Amrita. I let my self die after few bosses (its boss rush)  close to respawn , so i can pick up amrita and can beat few bosses again. When i collected enough i cleared mission or used item to leave mission without losing amrita. (die in mission is faster than clearing and reloading it again.)

Going into new Difficulty mode is always a peak of Difficulty. I did this up to Way of the Nioh. Than i cleared all missions on way of the demon (you need that for 100% trophies)

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

@Xionx

This method is still viable? As everything I read about is patched or nerfed it seems in this game.

So If I'm correct;

- you just grind Marobashi on NG+/way of the strong.(which is my highest setting at the moment)

- Kill queen's eye and go to NG++/way of the demon

- Grind up in NG++/way of the demon again vs Marobashi

- go back to NG+/way of the strong destroy everything there get 100% again(if you like)

and so on up to way of the nioh?

Yeah , but you have to unlock Marobashi in the new difficulty first (which requires certain amount of missions done) . I think it is viable even nerfed.  I was creating my own build , no internet OP build , because it was more fun doing it my way.  So it took me longer and i had to grind more. I watched movie and grinded Marobashi for few hours.

But after learning how to reforge my gear better and increase item lvl and +lvl of gear efficient i needed less and less lvls. I was kinda under levelt for way of the Nioh and still cleared it without grinding amrita. Hardest jump was from NG+ to NG++ . Way of the demon kicked pretty hard with the super charged enemies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Yeah , but you have to unlock Marobashi in the new difficulty first (which requires certain amount of missions done) . I think it is viable even nerfed.  I was creating my own build , no internet OP build , because it was more fun doing it my way.  So it took me longer and i had to grind more. I watched movie and grinded Marobashi for few hours.

But after learning how to reforge my gear better and increase item lvl and +lvl of gear efficient i needed less and less lvls. I was kinda under levelt for way of the Nioh and still cleared it without grinding amrita. Hardest jump was from NG+ to NG++ . Way of the demon kicked pretty hard with the super charged enemies.

Ah ok I'll give that a try I'm pretty ok with grinding games ^^

Thanks very much for the tip!

On 12/01/2018 at 11:21 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Ah ok I'll give that a try I'm pretty ok with grinding games ^^

Thanks very much for the tip!

Don't farm marobashi, there is no need for that in way of the strong, there is a mission in Tohoku region called something like "Spirit Stone Huntress", there are revenants there, in the place where you fight Date, they drop weapons with inheritable Close combat attack +15% (20% at max familiarity) a TON of amrita, enough to reach lvl 300 really fast on Way of the Strong (not necessary) and some other sweet inheritable stats like Attack+ on gloves, that you can inherit to your entire armor if you farm 5 gloves from those revenants.

Just get those equipments, inherit everything to your gear, destroy Kellly clones and the eye monster, get a new weapon from Way of the Demon, inherit Close combat damage to it, reroll the stats via Temper option on blacksmith reforge, get Familiarity bonus A and Change to Attack Skill (if you are using Dual Swords, replace Skill with other stat if you change weapons) and boom, you already have an overpowered weapon for Way of the Demon, just repeat this until you reach Way of the Nioh, i did everything really fast like that.

• Like 1

@Pavani_ Thanks for the great tip. I managed to get from lv. 170 to 285 in less than an hour.

I have Way of the demon unlocked but only 3 regions are unlocked and it's close to impossible still to even beat a single mission or sub mission as everything completely destroys me atm so I'm still a bit stuck to get the way of the demon gear in the DLC area :").

19 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

@Pavani_ Thanks for the great tip. I managed to get from lv. 170 to 285 in less than an hour.

I have Way of the demon unlocked but only 3 regions are unlocked and it's close to impossible still to even beat a single mission or sub mission as everything completely destroys me atm so I'm still a bit stuck to get the way of the demon gear in the DLC area :").

You need to upgrade your weapon, maybe forge a Kingo set if you have the smithing text for that sweet 20% bonus damage from behind. I don't know which type of weapon you are using, but, just get one on Way of the Demon and reroll it's ablities via Blacksmith -> Reforge -> Temper (triangle button) and try to get Change to attack X (this one depends on what you are using as your main weapon, if it's a kusarigama, the better choice would be Change to attack Dexterity, for example), Familiarity Damage Bonus A and maybe final blow damage +15% or something else that picks your interest, don't forget to inherit yout Close Combat damage from your jumonji spear too.

Another great tip that will save you a lot of trouble all the way to the end is getting quick change scrolls on the Ninja tree, if you have one active when you die, you'll turn into a log and return with some health, giving you 3 extra chances to do whatever you are doing. I would also recommend Suppa scrolls and Cat walking scrolls to stealth, get behind everything and do a crit (works like a charm with Kingo set).

• 1 year later...

On 16/01/2018 at 5:05 AM, Pavani_ said:

You need to upgrade your weapon, maybe forge a Kingo set if you have the smithing text for that sweet 20% bonus damage from behind. I don't know which type of weapon you are using, but, just get one on Way of the Demon and reroll it's ablities via Blacksmith -> Reforge -> Temper (triangle button) and try to get Change to attack X (this one depends on what you are using as your main weapon, if it's a kusarigama, the better choice would be Change to attack Dexterity, for example), Familiarity Damage Bonus A and maybe final blow damage +15% or something else that picks your interest, don't forget to inherit yout Close Combat damage from your jumonji spear too.

Another great tip that will save you a lot of trouble all the way to the end is getting quick change scrolls on the Ninja tree, if you have one active when you die, you'll turn into a log and return with some health, giving you 3 extra chances to do whatever you are doing. I would also recommend Suppa scrolls and Cat walking scrolls to stealth, get behind everything and do a crit (works like a charm with Kingo set).

I have just started Way of The Strong. I don't have access to Spirit Stone Huntress. You have to play through the whole of DLC1 to unlock it. The DLC missions are too hard for me even on Way of the Samurai. What should I do? There don't seem to be any good places to level up and get good gear on Way of the Samurai. I need Divine Gear and it only drops on Strong, but the story missions on Strong are kicking my ass. I'm only level 116 right now.

Edited by SublimeHawk