Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SilenceIsDeafnin

No Longer Obsessing Over Trophies :D

29 posts in this topic

My trophy level is 14.1% and I averaged two trophies per day. I did enough haha. Time to play for FUN!!! Enjoy your gaming, everyone....and take breaks lol.

i get a lot more fun from collecting trophies than i would playing online shooters.

But that could be just me :P

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

Everyone goes through that phase of "trophies don't matter" and they'll play for fun. The truth is, if you ever had a mass appeal for trophies, that won't go away. It's a personality trait. Some people strive to get them, others couldnt care less. If you've ever loved them like you say you did....that won't change.

Everyone goes through that phase of "trophies don't matter" and they'll play for fun. The truth is, if you ever had a mass appeal for trophies, that won't go away. It's a personality trait. Some people strive to get them, others couldnt care less. If you've ever loved them like you say you did....that won't change.

No, I'm sure I'm done caring. I don't have time nor the money. Games are getting worse and everyone is getting trophies, like it doesn't even show the skill I had/have.

I enjoy all game I trophy hunt for. There are a few games I don't care to 100% but the games I play I really enjoy I want to get the most out of it as possible.

yeah i stopped trying recently feels good but also a bit sad i dont really play as much any more well on my PS3 at least.

Back in 2007-10 all I used to play was baseball. 100's of hours spent on franchise mode. Then in 2011 when I realised about trophies, it has made me play a lot of different games, which I have to say is more fun. I've always been a completionist and now I have a record, I guess. Its so satisfying to see the platinums pop no matter how easy or hard the game was.

I used to be a platinum hunter but i already done enough. I gave up on trophy obsession a long time ago. I just play my games casually & enjoy it. How I play PS3 games now is the same as how ps1 games are supposed to be played. :)

Obsessing over trophies is something I've never done, I'm still an oldschool gamer at heart so enjoying the experience is what it's all about for me.

I'll only go for a Plat if; 1: I'm enjoying the game. 2: Going for trophies is a good excuse to keep enjoying the game. 3: The trophy isn't going piss me off...

with the ps4 on the horizon i think soon ill just plat games i still enjoy and wont take forever to plat.

the rest of the games can burn mu ha ha ha ha (jokes)

I agree somewhat with grimy and some others said. I had always striven for 100% of 'whatever' in games. Trophies just made that official for me. That is probably a personality trait. OCD? I personally LOVE obsessing over trophies. It brings me great 'platisfaction' Play games you think you will love and the rest takes care of itself - whether you go for the trophies or not, you will have a good time.

I don't obsess over trophies either, even though I have some of the harder ones around.  There's nothing wrong with likingtrophies/achievements, as long as you have fun with it.  I've always been trying to get 100% on all my games, only this time there are trophies involved.  People should play games for fun/entertainment and not be afraid if a game can potentially be hard for them.  There are scrubs whining over the new GOW being too hard :/  Play a game like Battletoads, then cry lol

Well said and I agree with you 100%! I use trophy lists as my checklist for 100% completion of a game and I only buy the games I want to play, never for trophies. Haha Battletoads is insanely hard! Is it even possible to beat that game?

I agree somewhat with grimy and some others said. I had always striven for 100% of 'whatever' in games. Trophies just made that official for me. That is probably a personality trait. OCD? I personally LOVE obsessing over trophies. It brings me great 'platisfaction' Play games you think you will love and the rest takes care of itself - whether you go for the trophies or not, you will have a good time.

Exactly this.

I used to be a platinum hunter but i already done enough. I gave up on trophy obsession a long time ago. I just play my games casually & enjoy it. How I play PS3 games now is the same as how ps1 games are supposed to be played. :)

You used to be a platinum hunter and gave up at two platinums? I really don't think you ever gave trophy hunting a chance . . .

this is what i think

I am where you are. I've earned 4 trophies this week, I am going for them for replayability, but I couldn't care less if they were there or not. And now I'm just playing for fun, especially Saints Row 3.

Pretty much what has already been said.  Playing your games for fun is key and should be first, trophies always come second, IMO. 

I have fun chasing trophies, so I will continue until there is none left  :devil:

Good for you, man! :] recently decided to do the same because I often found myself stressing over getting every trophy instead of enjoying games.

Edited by GHOZTPRIME

Personally, I'm done hunting trophies. I prefer unlocking stuff in the game after all the hard work during the ps1 era over some shiny reward. That's already a Platinum for me. I only aim for platinum

1.  if I can beat it
  2.  If it's easy for me
  3.  When boredom strikes
  4.  If trophies aren't luck-based, aren't tedious. or it doesn't involve any multiplayer.

This is a bit long, so don't worry if you don't want to read it :lol:

As much as I respect and admire the dedication that some people have in getting 100% trophy/achievement collection for every single game they play, it is something that I don't think i'll ever be able to be a part of. I think some people tend to react negatively to the people (not anyone in this thread) that maximise everything in all games they play, but that is a little misguided. If anything it shows commitment, dedication and the ability to organize and set targets beyond the structure of the game itself.

My approach to trophy/achievement hunting reflects how I was from the days of the NES and Master System. In those days, if I loved the game I would always try to see everything and complete everything there was to do in it. The first game I can remember getting 100% of everything was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64. I think about halfway through I said to myself 'This game is amazing, I'm going to make sure there are no gaps or empty spots in the Gear and Item screens.'

Currently, I'll play games through 100% if I really really love them. If they require alot of time to put in, i'm cool with that. I know i'll be getting 100% in Skyrim for example. DLC is a tricky one though, i'll rarely buy any DLC unless it is particularly good or substantial.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene