No Longer Obsessing Over Trophies :D

SilenceIsDeafnin

Ill be honest I used to obsess over trophies, and it got to a point where if i saw a game had a trophy i couldn't get, i would stop playing it. Though i realise now that's not how games should be played, so now i only go for all the trophies if its a game i really like. Or go after trophies that are fun and not too time consuming.

I've never against trophy collectors at all, it annoys me when i see some comments on websites moaning about trophies and the people that collect them for bragging. There not doing any harm, and if people want to collect them, let them.

Though i do hate it when I've 100% a game or plan to and they release dlc for it that takes away the 100%...those trophies shouldn't appear there unless i download the DLC IMO.

• Like 1

I used to not care at all, but recently started caring more and I have a good time. I already was a completionist, at least in games that I love. Trophies often are an extra challenge for me if I decide to get them.

They're still not the most important thing for me and I don't take it extremely serious: for example, Max Payne 3 has a trophy, The Shadows Rushed Me, that consists in playing non-stop for several hours to complete the entire game without getting killed in a game mode where you can run out of time. That's a trophy I won't do, because in that case, having to spend hours playing the whole story it's just not fun for me. The same goes for a lot of multiplayer trophies, for example GTA IV's Wanted is not a good time either, as much as I love the game, I won't spend a lifetime only to reach level 10, of course I respect everyone who makes that effort but I don't see myself doing it.

I agree with Captain_Cutscene (and I did the same in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker in GC by the way, best game ever :P). I like to see that everything is done if it's possible, it's very satisfactory, but for me there is a limit.

Multiplayer sometimes is a pain in the ass. Yes, I'm looking at you AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations and AC III ¬¬

• Like 1