Reepicheep

Trophies Still Pop After Being Deleted?

12 posts in this topic

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

 

I have a second account that I play Overwatch on and I didn’t want to the trophies so I deleted the game from my trophy list right away when it was at 0%.

But when I played trophies still ended up popping, is there any reason why this happened?
Do I have to delete the game every time I put the disk back in?
I want to put Overwatch on my main account but I don’t want to do the trophies.
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or explain to me what I did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Reepicheep said:

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

 

I have a second account that I play Overwatch on and I didn’t want to the trophies so I deleted the game from my trophy list right away when it was at 0%.

But when I played trophies still ended up popping, is there any reason why this happened?
Do I have to delete the game every time I put the disk back in?
I want to put Overwatch on my main account but I don’t want to do the trophies.
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or explain to me what I did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

PS4 auto syncs trophies now, so it's not really feasible to put it on your main account and not want trophies 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Reepicheep said:

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

 

I have a second account that I play Overwatch on and I didn’t want to the trophies so I deleted the game from my trophy list right away when it was at 0%.

But when I played trophies still ended up popping, is there any reason why this happened?
Do I have to delete the game every time I put the disk back in?
I want to put Overwatch on my main account but I don’t want to do the trophies.
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or explain to me what I did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

You can't do this. Deleting the trophy list only removes a game with zero trophies earned, it does not prevent you from earning trophies in a game you are playing.

 

There is no way that I am aware of to play a game and prevent or disable trophies

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

 

 

Edited by NightRusticDawn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can delete a trophy list if it's at 0% but every time you play the game, the trophy list is still activated and you will earn trophies if you reach the criteria to earn one. Deleting a games trophy list while it's at 0% will not stop trophies from unlocking if you continue to play that game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

 

 

 

You can turn off trophy notifications, but I have never heard of being able to actually disable the trophy list or block trophies on a particular game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is why they need an Option when you load a game that ask you "would you like to activate trophies". sorry but hiding them is just not the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, SnowxSakuradiskdocxNightRusticDawnBlindMangoERGOPROXY-DECAY,
I really appreciate each of your help!

That completely makes sense now, I don't know why that wasn't more obvious to me.
I've never deleted any trophies from my list becasue I don't normally let trophies stop me from playing a game I want to play, but the online trophies for Overwatch seem so time consuming that I don't know if I'm going to have the time to complete it and I have to have 100% on my games, so maybe in the future after I clear some of my backlog and have more time I'll attempt it. Thanks again!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

 

 

I think that you are refering to Disable notifications of trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

 

 

The only purpose of this is to stop other people from viewing your trophy list.  Just for future info. 

 

 

3 hours ago, Reepicheep said:

I have to have 100% on my games,

Is there any way you can get past that OCD?

Edited by DARKB1KE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Is there any way you can get past that OCD?


LOL, no I don't see that happening anytime soon.
And I doubt there is a cure for it.😉😜

 

Edited by Reepicheep
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.