Reepicheep

Trophies Still Pop After Being Deleted?

12 posts in this topic

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I have a second account that I play Overwatch on and I didn’t want to the trophies so I deleted the game from my trophy list right away when it was at 0%.

But when I played trophies still ended up popping, is there any reason why this happened?
Do I have to delete the game every time I put the disk back in?
I want to put Overwatch on my main account but I don’t want to do the trophies.
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or explain to me what I did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Reepicheep said:

I have a second account that I play Overwatch on and I didn’t want to the trophies so I deleted the game from my trophy list right away when it was at 0%.

But when I played trophies still ended up popping, is there any reason why this happened?
If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or explain to me what I did wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

PS4 auto syncs trophies now, so it's not really feasible to put it on your main account and not want trophies 

19 minutes ago, Reepicheep said:

You can't do this. Deleting the trophy list only removes a game with zero trophies earned, it does not prevent you from earning trophies in a game you are playing.

There is no way that I am aware of to play a game and prevent or disable trophies

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

Edited by NightRusticDawn

You can delete a trophy list if it's at 0% but every time you play the game, the trophy list is still activated and you will earn trophies if you reach the criteria to earn one. Deleting a games trophy list while it's at 0% will not stop trophies from unlocking if you continue to play that game.

10 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

You "Should be able too" deactivate trophies in a game from under your account page on PS4, Think it's under Trophies or something. It was some time since I looked at it and not even sure the function is still there. (It was there when notification color black came back) "so you might" prevent trophies from a specific game but you can't for say Delete any trophy list you have higher percentage then 0% in.

You can turn off trophy notifications, but I have never heard of being able to actually disable the trophy list or block trophies on a particular game.

this is why they need an Option when you load a game that ask you "would you like to activate trophies". sorry but hiding them is just not the same.

Thank you, SnowxSakuradiskdocxNightRusticDawnBlindMangoERGOPROXY-DECAY,
I really appreciate each of your help!

That completely makes sense now, I don't know why that wasn't more obvious to me.
I've never deleted any trophies from my list becasue I don't normally let trophies stop me from playing a game I want to play, but the online trophies for Overwatch seem so time consuming that I don't know if I'm going to have the time to complete it and I have to have 100% on my games, so maybe in the future after I clear some of my backlog and have more time I'll attempt it. Thanks again!

On 1/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

I think that you are refering to Disable notifications of trophies.

On 1/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

The only purpose of this is to stop other people from viewing your trophy list.  Just for future info. 

3 hours ago, Reepicheep said:

I have to have 100% on my games,

Is there any way you can get past that OCD?

Edited by DARKB1KE

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Is there any way you can get past that OCD?

LOL, no I don't see that happening anytime soon.
And I doubt there is a cure for it.😉😜

Edited by Reepicheep