The Case Files of the Lost, my Platinum list and backlog

CJ_Mystery

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Good luck with your new account and enjoy your games :)

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Good luck with your new account and have fun! I'm glad you enjoyed Mario Odyssey and you seem to be flying through Disgaea 5 and BBS. Great job! 

Thanks and thanks. I finally figured out how to get a forum profile. xD

@Kent10201, thanks for the support. The last time I got the platinum for BBS I did Critical Competitor last which was pretty much a mistake. I've seen people get all the trophies on Critical Mode but I am not very confident of my dodging skills to merit that. (I nearly rage-quit in the beginning of Aqua Crit because those stupid bunny rabbits and Bruisers kept getting in a one-shot kill every time and you have to kill them for EXP to make Aqua NOT DIE IN ONE HIT. I had to break my no-Command Board clause to get Magnet for her so she could stop the Bruisers and Hareraisers from one-shotting her. :() Disgaea 5 isn't so much of a hard game as it is a grind-fest since I need an uber team to take out Carnage Dark.

Here's hoping Disgaea 6 gets even easier and doesn't require too much. I might try to use my Disgaea skills to get the Vita Disgaea platinums too as I loved Disgaea 3 a lot. :)

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Why have you gone through 7 PSN accounts? That makes no sense to me. I'm still on my one and only account.

I have a few 'mental issues' that make me a completionist and I get too crazy with games and find that I cannot complete certain trophies and I end up hating the game and the account which is stuck at xx% forever because I"ll never touch it again. Yeah, I know that most people have a backlog trash pile but I hate having a game on my account which I can never platinum, which is why I created new accounts. I know that's stupid but that's my personality. This is why I put up my resolutions, to ensure that I will 100% complete the game at all cost. The good news: I have five accounts on my PS4 which I can use as guinea pigs to try out games and see if I like them or not and if I don't think I can complete the game fully, I can delete it and not have any trophies on my current account. ;)

New platinum!

1L8d9407.png#7 / Nubla

• Like 1

You are one strange duck, CJ.  I think"Mystery" was a good choice here. Haha. I would never start a new  profile unless I was forced to. 

You don't have to answer this next part if you don't want, but do have these issues with collecting Pokemon or getting all the moons on Mario Odyssey? Is this just exclusive to PlayStation consoles? Because if it was, I'd trash it. The hundreds of dollars you spent on ps games are a sunk cost. If it's causing you to mentally torture yourself for 100%, it's not worth it.

18 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

1Se03d95.png Current progress: 64% (Last trophy earned: I Love Board Game Night!)

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories was one of the first RPGs I played on PS2, and this made this series one of my favorites - the wacky dialogue, the veiled sexuality and anime tropes, and demon penguins that explode when thrown made the game so hilarious, and Etna is probably my favorite character because she's such a b**** and knows it. ;) While Etna is now just DLC here, Seraphina is serious competition for the Sexy Beam gal since she's a total whore and she loves it. Anyways, slutty talk aside, this game is probably the easiest game to go through for me and that's saying a lot considering how complex the game mechanics are. I know it's going to be very tough to get most of the trophies but considering the madness the other two trophy-listed entries(Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4) make you leap through, I'm all for this. And yes, I just unlocked Money Maps and now I have a Sage who is the strongest character on my team. ^_^

The first Disgaea was even more hilarious, and Laharl, Etna and Flnne were the main characters. If you like Disgaea 2, you'll like that one, too. It is still one of my favorite games, and Etna the best Disgaea character of all the games.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:17 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

You don't have to answer this next part if you don't want, but do have these issues with collecting Pokemon or getting all the moons on Mario Odyssey? Is this just exclusive to PlayStation consoles? Because if it was, I'd trash it.

I think you do deserve an answer to this question, and the answer is that this is just exclusive to Playstation, but this is only because Nintendo doesn't really have an acheivement system network like Playstation or X-Box does. For Pokemon, it's much easier to get all of the Pokemon, especially in Sun and Moon because they do not have a Pokedex that lists all 800+ Pokemon entries. I do admit I stopped caring about 100% the Pokedex after Black and White because it's impossible to 100% since some of the Pokemon are not in-game, they are given out in one-in-a-lifetime events (although with 3DS Virtual Console getting Pokemon Crystal soon you might catch a wild Celebi). I know GPS is trash but I've had a good record with it lately(I got a Shiny Poipole from GTS!) and I have had a habit of buying many versions and trading between them(though that will probably change now because the price is rising for carts).

For Super Mario Odyssey, they have an achievement system where Toadette gives you Power Moons for completing achievements so I go for those but I don't go crazy because I can't get all 836 collectible Moons since they give you the means to buy all of the remaining moons so you do not need to get 999 Power Moons by collecting the rest. Even if I did have to, I wouldn't kill myself over it. I even have been testing the waters in Odyssey Speedruns tech after seeing videos of people gathering 500 Moons and teching past the Darker Side of the Moon to get the Multi Moon prize at the top of the tower there.

I do admit that maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill with Playstation games but I have since slimmed down my expectations. Also, there are certain games I love to experience but they are nowhere but on the Playstation 3, Vita or PS4. I enjoyed Mugen Souls Z even though I knew I'd never platinum it because some of the characters were funny and reminded me of anime. Same with Disgaea and Kingdom Hearts. And some games, like those created by Artifex Mundi, were games I could have gotten on the PC but were introduced to on the PS4 ports and I want to see this company grow and prosper because the point-and-click puzzler is a dying breed from my youth. (Apologies for the wall of text.)

On 1/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Haha man, it's all good. I was just wondering why you had so many accounts. You should just play games on a dummy account and then plat them on your real account once you know you can do it. 

Yes, I do plan on doing that now. I have several to choose from. :D

11 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

The first Disgaea was even more hilarious, and Laharl, Etna and Flnne were the main characters. If you like Disgaea 2, you'll like that one, too. It is still one of my favorite games, and Etna the best Disgaea character of all the games.

Way ahead of you, dood. I played Hour of Darkness and Afternoon of Darkness on the PSP. I loved Etna mode more than the regular story. ^_^

• Like 1

1L362b4b.png #15 - Trine 3: Artefacts of Power

Got this from the recent flash sale for $4.83. Was really pleased at how quickly I got everything with a guide. I had been hateful of the Trine series because the first two games make you do a lot of stupid things but the third game cuts the BS and gives you story trophies and collectible trophies and if you miss any, there's always stage select! :D

Wow you've got a pretty brilliant looking checklist!:yay:And you have some pretty great plats as well! :) I love your layout and format you've presented it in! Good luck with all of your 2018/gaming goals and I hope you complete them all! :D (With the help of Monthly Madness of course! ;))

I'm looking to buy Super Mario Odyssey, so what did you think to it? :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm looking to buy Super Mario Odyssey, so what did you think to it?

It's a pretty good game. The mechanic of taking control of enemies and using their powers to solve puzzles and collecting the Power Moons to unlock new worlds is pretty fun and you can play it either minimalist just getting the necessary number of Power Moons or you can try to get all of the Power Moons you can on the first try. I know it sounds uppity but I suggest you go to Youtube and search for Super Mario Odyssey to find some great reviews and gameplay of the game. There are some videos that aren't too spoilery if you want to avoid spoilers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB_27_Beach said:

I wish you luck on your goal, my friend.  But you got burned out on trophy hunting, and you might be setting yourself up again with the list you've posted.

But good luck and hope you get those games finished! 1f44d.png

Don't worry. I am being very careful and I have old accounts to test a game on before I make the decision to add any new games. ;) Thanks for the concern anyways.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, to be fair, those games aren't too hard to complete quickly. Once I dry up all of those point-and-click titles, the platinums will slow down somewhat. xD Thanks for the comment, though!

No problem, it's nice to see you going towards the right direction with your goals! :D 

New game added, though I am reluctant to admit it. I wanted to add Nightmares from the Deep 2 but forgot how far you had to advance the story before you did your first hidden-object puzzle, and the game autosaves mid-puzzle so you to restart the story if you want to try again for the mahjong in one minute trophy, so...

1L7b0d30.png #19 - Hitman Go: Definitive Edition

For the record, I don't like the Hitman series, this is an easy platinum with a guide.

46 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Platinums flying onto this account CJ! How many hours you figure you put into Adventures of Mana? 

I spent five days on that game going through the story and spent a lot of hours at the very ends getting the remaining 45 levels I needed to get Gemma Knight. :)

New 100% game: I always make a tradition to complete 100% of a game without a platinum as a milestone for every ten platinums I earn, so the second game I got all the trophies on was Doodle God, since I had completed Doodle Devil for my first milestone.